Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

Carpentry wrote: »
    well, thats what the mirrors are for.

Its not undertaking, its driving within speed limit, but faster than cars in fast lane :cool:

So you're going to put yourself in a position where the other driver won't expect a faster car, and then rely on their conscientious use of mirrors to keep you safe?

Even though you know by their driving up this point that they're not using their mirrors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yeah and they're also not using the driving lane so it's free to use :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Because it's dangerous and stupid.

What if the driver wants to pull over to the left? he/she has cars speeding past them there, illegally.

The cheek also to title the video 'Terrible Driver Behaviour'.

So you'd rather sit in the passing lane going below the speed limit holding up all the traffic behind you because one car in front is to stupid to understand the rules of the road?

What happens next we have a line of 20 cars sitting in the passing lane doing 90, whilst the driving lane is empty.

It beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

So you'd rather sit in the passing lane going below the speed limit holding up all the traffic behind you because one car in front is to stupid to understand the rules of the road?

What happens next we have a line of 20 cars sitting in the passing lane doing 90, whilst the driving lane is empty.

It beggars belief.

Keep your distance, indicate right, and the occasional flash and you'll be on your way at a normal speed in 30 seconds.

Undertaking has the potential for the the next car to come behind them, tailgate, and they move over without looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Its not undertaking, its driving within speed limit, but faster than cars in fast lane :cool:

But he actually sped up as if to prove a point when passing the cars :rolleyes:

The only non gob****es in that clip were driving a truck and that black car way out in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

Nope, it's definitely undertaking, overtaking on the left, not criticizing, I've done it myself but angry garda could see it different etc etc

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Keep your distance, indicate right, and the occasional flash and you'll be on your way at a normal speed in 30 seconds.

Undertaking has the potential for the the next car to come behind them, tailgate, and they move over without looking.

So you want me to flash and indicate right even if I'm the fourth/fifth or fifteenth car in a long line of cars sitting in the passing lane instead of using the empty driving lane?

You'll be a long long time trying to move all of the cars into the correct lane. Also some people clearly don't understand lane procedure in Ireland and when you flash or indicate instead of realising there error get the hump instead of moving over.

Driver education is the biggest issue in Ireland in how to use road and lanes. There not thought how to drive on motorways the once they pass the licence off ya go your now long of the road you have your full licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Any more cam videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

overtaking on the left is illegal and potentially dangerous. Having said that, I've done it myself, (obviously on a closed road in another jurisdiction, or maybe I just made it up)

If anything goes wrong, you'd be hung out to dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So you want me to flash and indicate right even if I'm the fourth/fifth or fifteenth car in a long line of cars sitting in the passing lane instead of using the empty driving lane?

You'll be a long long time trying to move all of the cars into the correct lane. Also some people clearly don't understand lane procedure in Ireland and when you flash or indicate instead of realising there error get the hump instead of moving over.

Driver education is the biggest issue in Ireland in how to use road and lanes. There not thought how to drive on motorways the once they pass the licence off ya go your now long of the road you have your full licence.

I love people going on about 'driver education' being lacking and then they just do what they want because other drivers drive poorly. That's the solution alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moar videos please

moar-cat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Here's some classics...

I have a few clips to put together, will hopefully have a video over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,674 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ahh classic Mr Bean, some of them are just too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭boardz

tedpan wrote: »
    Here's some classics...

I have a few clips to put together, will hopefully have a video over the weekend

Jaysus the dog!:eek:

boardz wrote: »
    Jaysus the dog!:eek:

Rewatched your man going down the hole 5 times

fritzelly wrote:
    Rewatched your man going down the hole 5 times

I know :D he walked off like, I got very dirty. Hmmmm

I know :D he walked off like, I got very dirty. Hmmmm
    Was that his wife looking on, she looked fierce!

Was that his wife looking on, she looked fierce!

Maybe she was directing him ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Ennis has some really ****ty traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Ennis has some really ****ty traffic

That certainly trumps all the other clips on here!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Ennis? what a dump.

Too busy pushing to prevent a learner overtaking and eyeballing mirror to spot red light and car

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    That certainly trumps all the other clips on here!
    If that was Trump, would you stop! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Amouar

Driver only realized that he left his door dangerously wide open on a narrow 100km/h road after he heard the sound of my car's horn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I want a truck horn so bad but will settle for a proper old school train one;-)

2 short clips..first a guy barreling through the yield with the phone to his ear and don't know what happened on the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

boardz wrote: »
    2 short clips..first a guy barreling through the yield with the phone to his ear and don't know what happened on the second one

I've started to avoid that entrance to the park for my own sanity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

dickangel wrote: »
    I've started to avoid that entrance to the park for my own sanity

That Phoenix park junction is crazy! Surely they could look at putting a small roundabout at least to make it more logical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

One from this morning, apologies for the cursing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

All the roundabouts in that area are full of that crap, it's rare that people follow the lanes.

This is it wrote:
    All the roundabouts in that area are full of that crap, it's rare that people follow the lanes.

The roundabouts are definitely a joke around D15, but still no excuse for driving like an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

One from this morning, apologies for the cursing..

You should be apologising for the music!

J Mysterio wrote:
    You should be apologising for the music!

Haha, classic hits :) also why it doesn't embed, copywritten!

Some people don't have to bother with rules of the road.....

Another red light runner in Oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Another red light runner in Oz

(Ford flips Hilux)

Oooh, bugger (NZ Hilux add ref, can't include the youtube link)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The latest from Dublin Dashcam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭sundodger5

you are 4 days too late with that one

Spook_ie wrote: »

Cyclist made the right move there, if it was me on a road like with that kind of traffic then I'd do the same. Wait for the red to move from the hard shoulder to the middle lane to turn right and head to the front to get a position to make sure when I get a green that some fool doesn't squeeze me on the apex of a turn and keep left once it's safe.

Not having go but that would be my though process on a junction like that, the alternative being stick my right arm out in the hard shoulder and hope someone lets me in and is happy to sit behind me while I do 25-30 with my arm out waiting for someone in the next lane willing to do the same :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Cyclist made the right move there, if it was me on a road like with that kind of traffic then I'd do the same. Wait for the red to move from the hard shoulder to the middle lane to turn right and head to the front to get a position to make sure when I get a green that some fool doesn't squeeze me on the apex of a turn and keep left once it's safe.

Not having go but that would be my though process on a junction like that, the alternative being stick my right arm out in the hard shoulder and hope someone lets me in and is happy to sit behind me while I do 25-30 with my arm out waiting for someone in the next lane willing to do the same :pac:

I think you'll find the complaint is about him waltzing off to his right to pass between myself and the grab truck at the second set of lights before pulling across the grey car to get back to the left.

The first set of lights I know cyclists like to be ahead of the traffic and as I noted on the video that was what he was doing.

Hope I don't meet you if you think that's the safe way to do that junction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

sundodger5 wrote: »
    you are 4 days too late with that one

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭DopeTech

wonski wrote: »
    Why?

Because it was posted here 4 days ago.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement

mordeith wrote: »

1st clip here, absolutely nothing wrong with that. You had to ease up a tad, so what? By making you ease up a tad allows two vehicles through much quicker therefore making the roundabout more efficient.

I much prefer to see this type of roundabout getaway than someone who is waiting an age for a gap big enough for an artic to open up. This causes far more delays and frustration all around.

Advertisement