Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I called traffic watch, Garda rang me a few days later to set up appointment at the station responsible for that area. Brought them in the video on a USB stick, Gard copied it onto the computer in the station, but I let them keep the stick anyway. Also took a statement on what happened which I signed.

Jaysus that's a dodgy cyber security policy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Jaysus that's a dodgy cyber security policy.

Fairly sure the computer was running XP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

blastman wrote: »
    Met this future organ donor on Tuesday evening on the way home from work...

Why are you hogging the outside lane? I saw an N driver this morning . similar to you ,very light traffic , in the outside lane the length of the tallaght by-pass. She just would not move even though drivers were passing her on the inside! As far as the dipstick on the bike is concerned hopefully his/her death is the only one,when the inevitable happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Two more clips nothing mad exciting, the van was a lot closer than it looks with the camera pointing slightly left, would have hit me if I wasn't braking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jimmynokia wrote: »

Ah around the airport in the summer. Confused driver season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

dsmythy wrote: »
    Ah around the airport in the summer. Confused driver season.

In fairness the arrow should be a left arrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

This is a daily occurrence at the Dublin airport roundabout. Poor signage doesn't help. Also since the 'upgrade' on the traffic lights, traffic has been dreadful. Not so bad with schools closed at the moment.

Has anyone noticed that there is never any traffic around that roundabout when the lights are out/broken? They should just turn the lights off permanently.
    jimmynokia wrote: »
    [dublin airport youtube clip]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭trellheim

2:45 when he gets out weve all been there

4:24 a light hearted moment

8:15 and 8:55 credit to the screaming

At 11:15 what was he shouting at ?

Anyway I love aussie cam vids they are not backward about telling you their opinion of the other driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

KB22 wrote: »
    Why are you hogging the outside lane? I saw an N driver this morning . similar to you ,very light traffic , in the outside lane the length of the tallaght by-pass. She just would not move even though drivers were passing her on the inside! As far as the dipstick on the bike is concerned hopefully his/her death is the only one,when the inevitable happens.

Had just taken the three o'clock exit on the roundabout...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Had been keeping an eye on this Opel driver for a while before this right turn at roundabout., Before anyone comments, I know my owl lane change was late but I was trying to get his attention & stop him turning tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭josip

Would the Gardai bother doing anything if you submitted that video to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

blastman wrote: »
    Had just taken the three o'clock exit on the roundabout...

I cannot make any sense from your reply! What difference does it make who took which exit from a roundabout? YOU were hogging the outside lane on a straight stretch of road. If you reply, at least make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Would the Gardai bother doing anything if you submitted that video to them?

If you call into the station and make a statement they might call around to the driver to give them an official warning but don't expect a conviction.
    In fairness a warning may be enough to get some people to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Call traffic watch they do follow up but don't always bother doing anything about it.

I reported a ready chef van driving at speed through Dublin city on the wrong side of a pedestrian island driving against traffic and nearly killing those crossing on a green Man.

The guard said he was in touch with company and the driver doesn't have any English so he let him off.

Eh you can still do him or have stern words on how not to drive....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

The guard said he was in touch with company and the driver doesn't have any English so he let him off.

:D what a bunch of heroes. Had a guy trying to run me off the road and then get out of his car and threaten me 200ft from a Garda station. Garda couldn’t do anything because “he didn’t live locally”. Thanks bro.

While I would agree normally, this serious incident deserves more than warning.
    No excuse to go around a roundabout the wrong way.
    tuxy wrote: »
    If you call into the station and make a statement they might call around to the driver to give them an official warning but don't expect a conviction.
    In fairness a warning may be enough to get some people to cop on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

KB22 wrote: »
    I cannot make any sense from your reply! What difference does it make who took which exit from a roundabout? YOU were hogging the outside lane on a straight stretch of road. If you reply, at least make sense.
    The reply made perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

The reply made perfect sense.

I didn't understand the reply either, what difference did it make how he got onto the road, he was driving in the outside lane the whole way.
    Now if he said he was in that lane because he was planning on taking the third exit at the upcoming roundabout I wouldn't agree with it but it would at least make some sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

There's only a couple of hundred metres between the roundabouts. He came off the previous roundabout in the right lane, idiot in motorbike flew by him on the left. If he was taking the third exit at the next roundabout he would literally move left before immediately moving right again.
    And besides, it's Ballycoolin. Not even close to the same as the Tallaght bypass. That entire section of road is an absolute sh!tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

A true professional driver checking his brakes...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

A zombie taxi driver from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Keep an eye on the Advanced Pitstop driver and watch till the end to see the response. Seriously expected a big accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Sees above video -> breathes heavily and rapidly as though he was in op's shoes

[Gollum voice]: CY-CLIST!!!!!!!!!!!

Very unfunny joke:

Q. What do you call a rat with 2 wheels?

A. A cyclist!

.. .. .. .. ..

Disclaimer: this post is for comic purposes only and is not about slandering cyclists. The writer of this thread recognises that there are good cyclists out there, although he has never actually met one when driving

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MaceFace wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the Advanced Pitstop driver and watch till the end to see the response. Seriously expected a big accident.

473d049cdef93d776a3aeed102fa65ec.png

Unless i am blind, that is a very weird looking Laguna

Edit: I am blind (wrong reg)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

^^ Missing the 1's I think.

Advertisement