Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hello, your western correspondent here, a busy night in galway (for me anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

About to drag myself out of bed to begin my working week. My pet pooch gets to stay in bed. Jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bed, having a lie in. took a half day off this morning so still in the sunny south east, just enjoying my last couple of hours here before heading home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Homeward bound, will be glad to see the bed what with getting up early yesterday and being busy.. Hope its a good day for you lot, whatever ye are up to..

Nice sunny morning, looks fresh! Heading for a walk with the dog.

I'm on the Dart into work, listening to Mícheál Ryan's mum on Morning Ireland describing her son and his remarkable attitude to life and his work with the World Food Programme.

Can't fathom how she can speak so calmly and eloquently about her son and her bereavement when even I, a stranger, am tearing up.

If you haven't heard the interview, I'd recommend listening back and hearing what kind of guy he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A very productive hour done at the coalface, looking forward to the week ahead and off Friday for a Cheltenham get together in the local, have a good week everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Going 🐟 fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I'm on the Dart into work, listening to Mícheál Ryan's mum on Morning Ireland describing her son and his remarkable attitude to life and his work with the World Food Programme.

Can't fathom how she can speak so calmly and eloquently about her son and her bereavement when even I, a stranger, am tearing up.

If you haven't heard the interview, I'd recommend listening back and hearing what kind of guy he was.

Just watching a bit on him on ireland am on tv3.
    Seems he was a selfless hard working chap who made a huge difference to to a lot of people.

Home chores done and breakfast ate, heading to roscommon today to erect a shed with my BIL in tow. Its sunny so far but there's a bad afternoon forecast so wet suit packed, better be prepared anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Dying of a hangover. Lying in the bed feeling very fragile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

In my lazy bed. :D no school run this morning and I have about 10 minutes to decide if I'm going to the gym.. I had cake yesterday, I really should go.. But but but...

Smurf, I'm so sorry to read your news. Mind yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Dying of a hangover. Lying in the bed feeling very fragile.

That Perse is a bad influence...her and her Galway Hooker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In work ugggggggghhhhh.

At traffic lights this morning seen a woman in an estate car with her dog all excited in the boot space and I just knew by the look of them and the direction they were going, they were heading for the beach at either strandhill or culleenamore.

The jealousy was real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A road trip shortly, with almost zero enthusiasm but needs must and I still didn't fill the car - fumes :pac:

I feel sort of annoyed with myself too I think I'm turning into a bit of a sociophobe :o

This too shall pass :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

In a cafe having a tuna sandwich. Trying not to visibly shake. Never again (until next time).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Running around like a blue arsed fly today. Doing lots but getting nothing done.

Back in the leaba: might have a wee nap. Ran around doing errands all morning.
    On a day off but will likely have to work later :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Weekend plans went tits up, so I’ve a Monday to myself and had a really long nap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

@Shoes and Smurf thinking of you both xxxx

I've a rather dislike to work :( the amount of crap I've had to clean up after a week off :( I'm somewhere I'd rather not be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭I says

Train station

• Advertisement

I am on the 'ol chug a chug leaving lovely Galway and lovely lady behind. I gave her a big red lip gloss smooch so I hope her poor cheeks have recovered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Stop, I’m imagining her doing the stride of pride down shop street with her kissy lips on her cheek! No better woman!

I’m about to whack on the heating and may light the open fire!

Looking delighted with myself and my lipglossed cheeks while I sit on the bus. Just had a nap and sure I feel fantastic now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Home, erection done and not a drop of rain in sight today.
    Going to nap for an hour then I have to cook for the gang, I think I'll do chicken curry with rice and homemade chips. My menus aren't very varied and usually as simple as I can make them, they never complain though.
    Nap now.

Jaysus yer all very fancy with yer naps :p

Nearly quitting time at the zoo. Roll on 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching the fire lighting and putting my feet up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Post weekly walk with my neighbour. Pooch sooh delighted to have my undivided attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Final glass of wine on the balcony before going out to dinner. Last night before heading home. Don’t fancy the sound of the weather back there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home and the house is toasty. Pizza for tea and finally getting to watch bohemian rhapsody with the lucky Mrs Happy tonight.

Trundle o clock. Of course I missed galway shenanigans :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In bed but sleep alluding me. Just discovered tonight that my passport number is wrong on my flight booking. My flight is in 11 hours.

Frantically trying to get the agent and airline and jeebus himself to help to no avail. Might just have to go to the airport early to sort it. Sigh.

My passport has a PD at the start but they have it as OD. Idiots.

Will be very crabby if I don't get to Krabi.

Home bedside. Rubbish day, just tired now. Dont know what to do with myself at all recently. Wasn't expecting today to turn out the way it did. Bit fed up.

Homeside now and what a day, glad to see the back of it. Now it's time to put the feet up and have some dinner.

I'm not a fan of naps as I always feel worse after them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Witchie wrote: »
    In bed but sleep alluding me. Just discovered tonight that my passport number is wrong on my flight booking. My flight is in 11 hours.

Frantically trying to get the agent and airline and jeebus himself to help to no avail. Might just have to go to the airport early to sort it. Sigh.

My passport has a PD at the start but they have it as OD. Idiots.

Will be very crabby if I don't get to Krabi.

Oh to be in Krabi now, cold,wet,windy and miserable as hell here. Hope you get there Witchie....
    Very jealous..

Getting ready before out again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

I says wrote: »

Why are you posting pics of Persepoly's feet?!?

:D

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I says wrote: »

That was the first thing I thought of too.

Feet up & Netflix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Library

• Advertisement

Bedraggled arrival to office.. Town full of bad news too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Listening to music - countryish, John Prine : German Afternoons

I think my cans (or maybe my ears!) are on the way out....

You come home late and you come home early
    You come on big when you're feeling small
    You come home straight and you come home curly
    Sometimes you don't come home at all

Seven Worlds will Collide

Doubt her feet are as hairy

I says wrote:
    Doubt her feet are as hairy

Oh she plaits the hair on her feet sometimes.

Ye animals

How did I think I says was a woman

(Hides in corner)

• Advertisement

I says wrote:
    Ye animals

Well if the shoe fits...

Please dont bring out the picture again lads. Im feeling fragile enough as is tonight..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to music - countryish, John Prine : German Afternoons

I think my cans (or maybe my ears!) are on the way out....

You come home late and you come home early
    You come on big when you're feeling small
    You come home straight and you come home curly
    Sometimes you don't come home at all

Haven't heard that one in a long time ...

Kitchen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Haven't heard that one in a long time ...

Kitchen..

Ah Mam,

What in the world has come over you,
    What in heaven's name have you done!!

:P

song is stuck in my head now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

En-route to the Kitchen.

Stir-fry about to be consumed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement