Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Home after an uneventful train trip. A good night was had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Watching the Irish mangle the Italians and hoping Ultan keeps it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair-side, still unsure about this party tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty6277 wrote: »

If you have a lift there and back , why not go ?
    A Sunday night catching up with everyone outside of the work environment :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    If you have a lift there and back , why not go ?
    A Sunday night catching up with everyone outside of the work environment :)

That’s the issue mam, I don’t have a lift :( could chance a taxi I suppose, but I don’t know if I’d have any luck seeing as it’s a Sunday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well feck the Cats, changing over to the Tour of the Algarve

Seven Worlds will Collide

En route back to Dublin, got a lift as far as Portlaoise, waiting for a train.

Reminds me of my student days, let me see if I can find a Supermacs around here and all will be complete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The Algarve is a nice looking part of the World, blue skies and sunshine.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That’s the issue mam, I don’t have a lift :( could chance a taxi I suppose, but I don’t know if I’d have any luck seeing as it’s a Sunday night

Ah ok , that's fair enough then , unless some of your workmates were getting a taxi also and you all shared ?
    Sorry if I'm making this decision worse !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

En route back to Dublin, got a lift as far as Portlaoise, waiting for a train.

Reminds me of my student days, let me see if I can find a Supermacs around here and all will be complete

You probably found it, but supermacs Portlaoise is just beside the shopping center, about a 5 min walk from train station!

I am about to start dinner. A grown up dinner. A roast!

• Advertisement

You probably found it, but supermacs Portlaoise is just beside the shopping center, about a 5 min walk from train station!

I am about to start dinner. A grown up dinner. A roast!
    I was hinting for an invite.

Dinner sounds delicious. Don't mind me, I'll be fine with my Supermacs chicken nuggets

/weeps into milkshake

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Had a grown up dinner of chicken casserole here too.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah ok , that's fair enough then , unless some of your workmates were getting a taxi also and you all shared ?
    Sorry if I'm making this decision worse !

I asked in the group chat and no one got back to me so far, hopefully there will be, although I think a lot of them would be coming from the opposite direction. I might just drive out and not drink

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Couchside. Wrecked and every part of my lower body crying for mercy. Just back from climbing Carantouhill.
    Mrs. Cushtie having very little sympathy for some reason.

Cushtie wrote: »
    Couchside. Wrecked and every part of my lower body crying for mercy. Just back from climbing Carantouhill.
    Mrs. Cushtie having very little sympathy for some reason.
    How difficult is Carantouhill?

Would love a go at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed

Sure you may as well......let the auld hair down like :pac:

Go sing christmas carols :D....................in February :confused:

:pac:

I was lying down doing my meditation and it had such an affect I feel kind of drowsy but super chilled. It's like tramadol! :pac:

I'm on the couch now with a coffee. The farthest I will get today will be the local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was lying down doing my meditation and it had such an affect I feel kind of drowsy but super chilled. It's like tramadol! :pac:

I'm on the couch now with a coffee. The farthest I will get today will be the local shop.

Will you bring me back a surprise please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Originally Posted by Kitty6277 View Post

Isn't this your Christmas party, you gotta go :):) Try drinking the new Guinness H2O.

Sure you may as well......let the auld hair down like :pac:

Instead of getting drunk I’ll drink loads of cokes and get hyper :p

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Isn't this your Christmas party, you gotta go :):) Try drinking the new Guinness H2O.

It is Smurf. Ah you’re right! Been looking forward to trying that alright :pac:

How difficult is Carantouhill?

Would live a go at it.

If you have a good enough level of fitness you would be grand. If you were a compete hiking novice I would advise going with someone who has done it before or go with a guided group.
    The hardest part is the devils ladder section. Very steep with alot of loose rock. We went up a different route and came down that way.

It was a tough old slog today. Fierce mist and wind but thankfully at our backs for the hardest of it.
    Took about 5.5 hours

If you have a good enough level of fitness you would be grand. If you were a compete hiking novice I would advise going with someone who has done it before or go with a guided group.
    The hardest part is the devils ladder section. Very steep with alot of loose rock. We went up a different route and came down that way.

It was a tough old slog today. Fierce mist and wind but thankfully at our backs for the hardest of it.
    Took about 5.5 hours
    sounds like a challenge but doable. Have being trying to haul a few mates into doing it with me over the past year, will redouble my efforts.

Well done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sounds like a challenge but doable. Have being trying to haul a few mates into doing it with me over the past year, will redouble my efforts.

Well done!

Give mangerton in Kilarney a go as well.

As I’m working my ar** off, wife is sending me encouraging photos of her trip around Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

smurfjed wrote: »
    As I’m working my ar** off, wife is sending me encouraging photos of her trip around Asia.

Smurf, any interest in a second wife? :pac:

Reading my book.

Give mangerton in Kilarney a go as well.

I must put Mangeton on my list aswell Seph.
    Where is the starting point for it do you know?

I must put Mangeton on my list aswell Seph.
    Where is the starting point for it do you know?

I can't remember the name of it I'm afraid :o been a while since I did it, seeing the devil's punch bowl was worth it alone!

Around here I'm allowed 4 (at a time), but as a good Catholic boy, one is more than enough :)

• Advertisement

This was yesterday’s encouraging photograph, that monster is a whale shark that can grow to 60 feet and 9000 kgs.

Give me thunderstorms anyday 😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement