Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What do we reckon, I think we'd have been better off hosting the Vikes than the Eagles, was that win last week a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's going to be a long 9 months. What a sickening way for it to end.

Mitch was superb though. A lot to look forward to next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

was a grim nightmare. I very sorry for you lots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

We're good very good. Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

As sickening as anything I've ever witnessed watching sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads, I honestly don't know how to react as an Eagles Fan after that. I mean the odds of a kicker hitting both the upright and crossbar and NOT going over have to be massive. when the bears got the ball back and got it in FG range I felt it was repeat of the Eagles playoff lose in New Orleans a few years ago where the FG won the game for the saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

That loss is going to take a while to get over. Heartbreaking way to go out but that's sport for you. Parkey has been the weakest link all season so a tough break to come down to his kick at the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

As a Bears-supporting neutral can I ask what the hell was that play call for the 2-point conversion? That was a really important play and they handed off to Taylor Gabriel to run up the middle?
    Also the timeout situation at the end, I know Nagy is an Andy Reid guy but seriously, use a timeout after first down. Also spike the ball after that long pass play and save the timeout.

I can't get away from the idea that the Bears beat themselves in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Worst beat I've ever endured. Our formula invites close games so hard to be surprised Parkey came home to roost. In a great year for him Pace whiffed badly there.

While there were a lot of mistakes I'm not too angry at anyone in particular. I thought Vic called a nice game but credit where it's due the Eagles o-line is top drawer... their pass pro made the Jackson loss all the more painful.

Nagy was super conservative early but I assume it was to ease Mitch in and I trust he knows better than me. Trubisky and Robinson were terrific late on.

Really enjoyed the season. There are any number of reasons for a fall off next year but I look forward to it anyway, there's a lot to love about the Bears for the first time I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

adrian522 wrote: »
    As a Bears-supporting neutral can I ask what the hell was that play call for the 2-point conversion? That was a really important play and they handed off to Taylor Gabriel to run up the middle?
    Also the timeout situation at the end, I know Nagy is an Andy Reid guy but seriously, use a timeout after first down. Also spike the ball after that long pass play and save the timeout.

I can't get away from the idea that the Bears beat themselves in this game.

I can live with the 2 point fail but that time-out was rough. Think it was 6 seconds wasted before even calling it, just spike the damn ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Having 10 men on the field for the Ertz TD is rough. Surely someone on the sideline or on the field recognises this and calls timeout prior to the snap? We've seen this before in other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Having 10 men on the field for the Ertz TD is rough. Surely someone on the sideline or on the field recognises this and calls timeout prior to the snap? We've seen this before in other games.

Few costly errors but that was the worst of them. Taking the final time out with 35 secs left was idiotic too, they should got up and spiked it. Could have a running play then to get an extra few yards. Also not using the time out after the philly 1st and goal costing them 40 secs was another bad error. But what really cost them imo was the offence. Holding a team in the playoffs to 16 points (along with 2 turnovers) should absolutely be enough to win you the game, especially against a team with a terrible secondary.
    Absolutely sickening loss for the Bears, was a Bear supporting neutral myself like most others and you can't help but feel that the Bears beat themselves. Would've really fancied them against the Rams in the diviosnal also.

Vic Fangio leaving to become Denver's HC.

Vic Fangio leaving to become Denver's HC.

Good luck to him, but I don't see it working out. I've loved watching his D play though and hopefully the next DC is just as successful, although hopefully a little more aggressive.

Sounds like Bowles will replace him. I suspect that's why he didn't sign on with Arians in Tampa yesterday. Now Vic is gone he can sign with us.

And we'll play the Broncos next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Pagano hired as DC

The top comment on Reddit is exceptional.

"His experience beating cancer will come in handy with how our fanbase has been the past week."

Good hire. Honestly I'm still not ready to think about that loss, haven't read anything about it, made any comments. It was the most gutting loss I've ever witnessed.

Bears will play the Raiders in London next season.

Badabing wrote: »
    Bears will play the Raiders in London next season.
    Hoping to see them in soldier Field some time this year, but that should be a fun game to watch Mack play.

Hoping to see them in soldier Field some time this year, but that should be a fun game to watch Mack play.

I'd love to get over this year, how much are tickets or i should i say are they possible to get?

• Advertisement

I'd love to get over this year, how much are tickets or i should i say are they possible to get?

Not sure of the cost now. I went to a game in 2012 against the Pack and it cost about 120 for a ticket. But we sucked in 2012, so if anything that was probably cheaper than it's likely to be these days. On the other hand it's the Pack, which is always going to be more popular. But they're always possible to get, via stubhub or whatever you'll get something, just a matter of how much you're willing to fork over for it! We do have one of the most expensive ticket prices in the league

I know it's a really problematic accolade and he's just an alternate, but I don't give a ****, Mitch is going to the pro bowl. I think it's testament to the progress he's making and I have faith that he'll work out well.

Anyway when did we last send a QB to the pro bowl? Cutler in year one? Before that? Did sexy rexy ever go?

I think Jim McMahon is the last one.

I think Jim McMahon is the last one.

Wow that's a lot longer back than I thought. What a sad indictment of the state of the QB position in Chicago historically!

I see Massie has been re-signed. That caps off a bounce back year after looking poor last season.

Kyle Long has restructured his contract to remain a Bear. Great news. Hope he can stay healthy next season.

And is disappointing but expected news, Robbie Gould has been tagged. Expect us to have a few kickers at camp.

I feel bad for him because it has been clear from what he has said over the past 6-7 weeks he wants to go back to Chicago where his family is.

Any thoughts on how quiet we've been in FA? I expected as much, but when they restructured Mack I assume they were targeting someone big, but the names we've been linked with have gone elsewhere (Ingram, Bell). I wonder if that means a plan to snag someone went wrong. If so it's a bit of a misstep, there's no benefit in Mack's restructure unless we actually bring in a big signing with it, and those are getting thin on the ground. Or do you think Pace, as per usual, has a trick up his sleeve?

Hopefully there's something, because we can't afford to stand still. We haven't lost much talent this season, but the Packers will definitely be improved on last year, while without Fangio there's no guarantees that our D will remain at the level it was (I'm confident we will, though, and I am certain our Offense will play better). Would hate for 2018 to turn into a flash in the pan.

HaHa Clinton Dix is talking to our FO.

Plenty high ceiling, but I haven't heard good things from Packer fans about him. He is POTENTIALLY an upgrade on Amos, but Amos was, to me, reliable, whereas HHCD has not lived up to what he could have been other than one year. Also, genuine question, can he play SS?

• Advertisement

Howard traded to the Eagles, not sure what to think. Nagy obviously doesn't rate him very highly and can do without him.

Advertisement