Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Kiith wrote: »
    Surely having submitted the return, you should also get a provisional statement? Seems like it's worse to actually submit it then just wait.

Or is it just people who have submitted it would get any actual refund earlier?

You won’t get a preliminary/provisional statement if you submitted a return already, as your request is already queued for processing. You will receive the Actual SOL, which is the same as the old P21 showing the result of your review, and when refund will issue.

The preliminary SOL is just an estimate of your taxation for 2019 based on information submitted by your employer. It will tell you if you are due a refund...but you won’t actually get one. You will have to submit a return following receipt of your preliminary/provisional SOL to get the Actual SOL, and any refund due.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Well i had the fingers crossed for the sol to be ready still no joy, submitted on 2nd January, am so envious of those who have their refunds being lodged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

Keisha07 wrote: »
    Well i had the fingers crossed for the sol to be ready still no joy, submitted on 2nd January, am so envious of those who have their refunds being lodged.

Same here, Im starting to think that the ones submitted on the 2nd of January have been lost:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Mutant

The 2nd of January for me to and still no joy ☹

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm another one who submitted on January 2nd. Between additional incomes and reliefs I'm going to have an underpayment. Would like for it to get sorted so I can just pay up the difference and be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Can anybody who’s received their SoL share any experience of it not being there in the morning, but appearing sometime during the day?

Over the years I’ve never seen any automated documents uploaded at other times than overnight. So unless it’s happening in this specific situation, I wouldn’t be hopeful of seeing it until tomorrow morning at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Keisha07 wrote: »

are you jealous of those of us who underpaid tax?

very big of them to opt not to collect the €0.09 though

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

I just got yet another confirmation email confirming that my Form 12 has been submitted... despite submitting it more than a couple of weeks ago. I believe this is my 3rd such email in total since I’ve submitted it. Still no SoL. This is bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Still waiting here too. I have no doubt they're swamped.

I won't complain too much as on the old system my employer wouldn't issue us a P60 until March/April - so getting a P21 before then is a win for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

FGR wrote: »
    I have no doubt they're swamped.

Surely it's all automated? Just press a button and churn them out.

Edit: Don't even press the button, have it triggered to go at a time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Surely it's all automated? Just press a button and churn them out.

Edit: Don't even press the button, have it triggered to go at a time!

Never underestimate the powers that be in the Public Sector to make things incredibly awkward for the men/women on the ground! :pac:

What would be automated in a private organisation probably requires someone to personally filter and sort everything in the PS as the automation part of the software has been disabled.

I'm on hold on the phone to Revenue at the moment - but I'm sure the officers who are manning the phones would much rather be dealing with investigating tax offences as opposed to dealing with admin.

At least I presume they're Revenue officials on the other end of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hope80

I'm another who submitted on the 2nd january, starting to get a bit frustrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I WANT MY MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hells Belles

I submitted my return on 7th January. I received an email saying my Statement of Liability would be ready to view on 17th Jan. Like everyone else, I'm still waiting. Hubby's 50th birthday is tomorrow and I'm broke after Christmas! Was banking on this return to get him a nice pressie. Looks like it will be going on the credit card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The communication has been terrible. If they are having a known technical issue that is causing a weeks delay then a courtasy email would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissGriff

FGR wrote: »
    Still waiting here too. I have no doubt they're swamped.

I won't complain too much as on the old system my employer wouldn't issue us a P60 until March/April - so getting a P21 before then is a win for me.

Did you use to wait until then?
    Every year that I input my health expenses bar now , I would input all the years pay and tax info on my December payslip of the year. Never waited for the p60. Used to get my p21 and refund within a few days.
    Although mine was pretty simple, no extras, other income etc.
    Anyway, that doesn't matter now I suppose , were all waiting it seems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Completed it 3rd January for a friend. No extras. SOL came through this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I tried calling. The automated message still says it should be available today unless it's been chosen for a review.
    I doubt that's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sono

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I tried calling. The automated message still says it should be available today unless it's been chosen for a review.
    I doubt that's true.

Hard to trust that given what’s gone on for everyone in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Probably won't be anything happening now until tomorrow morning. Searched through my emails and most of my previous Revenue notification emails have been between 0700 and 0900.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭ebbsy

They update overnight.

Nothing for myself yet either, submitted it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I'll join the waiting list too... bit of a joke :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

Still nothing on my end, depsite daily promises from them. I've given up calling now. It would be interesting to know from people who got their SOL yeaterday and today, when then actually receive funds. The "NEW" system seems an absolute mess and my guess is payments will get delayed accordingly :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

It is automated - but depends on employers getting all their filing correct. In my own case I completely messed it up and couldn't even file a correction! 2019 was locked until last week, then could file amendments. Took a few attempts to get it right :(

If your employer has done all their filings then there should be no delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Am I correct in saying it stays as request until you can view it

I submitted a few weeks ago just want to make sure i done it correctly although i did get the email saying Jan 17 also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Nuts102 wrote: »

I submitted a few weeks ago just want to make sure i done it correctly although i did get the email saying Jan 17 also

The statement will be in your inbox when it's available. If it still says " dealing with your request" then it's not done.
    FWIW one I did on 02/01/20 is only available today.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Desertmoon1

Another who filed on 2Jan. It's very unfair that some who only did their returns lasy week are being sorted first. It should be first come first served. Though knowing my luck they go alphabetically 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mine says its available but when I open it, says its processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Stratvs wrote: »
    The statement will be in your inbox when it's available. If it still says " dealing with your request" then it's not done.
    FWIW one I did on 02/01/20 is only available today.

When you say dealing with your request i am not seeing that

I see request as my action I am hoping this is what you mean as I requested this already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Completed it on 5th
    First e-mail acknowledgment received on 6th
    Second e-mail acknowledgment received on 10th (Saying that it should be available on 17th)
    Still nothing available

• Advertisement

When you say dealing with your request i am not seeing that

I see request as my action I am hoping this is what you mean as I requested this already

If you completed the steps here
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/end-of-year-process/statement-of-liability.aspx
    Then as soon as the SoL is available it will be in your inbox.
    It seems a lot are still processing.

It may be coincidental but up to 23 Jan a huge number of businesses will be filing Returns/ payments for VAT, PAYE/PRSI , RCT, to 31/12/19. It is probably the heaviest filing of the year apart from The November Income Tax deadline. Problems last November resulted in revenue extending the deadline. Is there a chance their system is just overloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭rudders

Can u remember how early/late in the day it came in?

Was due on the 17th. Applied for it the week prior.

I think we broke it with so. Many people trying to check...... When I attempt to log on and check my 2019 income tax this displays:

We're sorry...
    : PAYE-BASE-WEB859091084101634392
    Revenue.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hibernicis wrote: »
    I think we broke it with so. Many people trying to check...... When I attempt to log on and check my 2019 income tax this displays:

We're sorry...
    : PAYE-BASE-WEB859091084101634392
    Revenue.ie

Ah that just means you owe them €859091084101634392

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning lads, hope we won’t be waiting much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

I gave them a call earlier today and they said it should be issuing tmw. They where able to confirm the end of year balance owed to myself.

Bring back the p60s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Soulsun wrote: »
    I gave them a call earlier today and they said it should be issuing tmw. They where able to confirm the end of year balance owed to myself.

Bring back the p60s!

There’s been too many tomorrows for me to get my hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

No email this morning. submitted on the 2nd.

Still "processing your request" on the website.

It should be overnight that they process so maybe they are throttling the requests to avoid overloading the system.

They have issues, clear as day but rather than communicate effectively they are burying their heads in the sand

Wonder has it anything to do with getting paid in 2020 for the first time?

In that, your first 2020 pay details when uploaded will trigger a finalise on 2019? Could be employers not finalising 2019 until they do their first 2020 pay run.

Might not but wonder if any of those who got their SOL did so after their first 2020 payslip.

* My first pay of 2020 is due tomorrow so will update if my SOL comes tomorrow or Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

In that, your first 2020 pay details when uploaded will trigger a finalise on 2019? Could be employers not finalising 2019 until they do their first 2020 pay run.

Might not but wonder if any of those who got their SOL did so after their first 2020 payslip

I've already been paid twice in 2020 (fortnightly paid )and I still haven't got my SOL. I did mine on 2nd January .

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

I get paid weekly, so my employer has done 4 pay runs for 2020 for me and I still haven’t received by SoL. I’m a civil servant and whilst some sections of my work are slow, payroll isn’t one of them. They are on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭stayback

I called revenue yesterday and was told if I don’t get anything by the end of next week to ring them. I submitted mine on the 4th Jan

Nothing here either, submitted on 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

stayback wrote: »
    I called revenue yesterday and was told if I don’t get anything by the end of next week to ring them. I submitted mine on the 4th Jan
    By the end of next week :eek:, which would be February

I don't think Revenue have any idea when they are going to issue.
    I too have been paid already so it's nothing to do with that

Might not but wonder if any of those who got their SOL did so after their first 2020 payslip.

* My first pay of 2020 is due tomorrow so will update if my SOL comes tomorrow or Monday

Cheers guess it has nothing to do with that so. Maybe I'm just excited not to be stoney broke come tomorrow (for about 10 minutes until I start paying bills etc)

rsl1976 wrote: »

Ah heeor, what sort of a reply is that, disgraceful!

• Advertisement

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Completed it on 5th
    First e-mail acknowledgment received on 6th
    Second e-mail acknowledgment received on 10th (Saying that it should be available on 17th)
    Still nothing available

No email today. Logged on at 8:10qm to check and nothing. Flipped tabs to look at Irish Times without logging off. Flipped back to Revenue:MyAccount to log off. Yellow dot appeared against my documents. Bingo, SOL had landed. Refund on its way.

Advertisement