Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

How concerned is Tony today?

JBigJIB.png

Well starting to think he might be actually concerned now- there’s a lot of knives out out for him. Brief chat with a FG td earlier and the frustration with St Tony and co is palpable. Parliamentary party next week solely on Covid and lifting of restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

risteard7 wrote: »
    Put him on the PUP and we'll ask him how concerned or worried he is then

Which colour describes his concern level?

concern.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

all of the above, but its the publics fault

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Crowds drinking on the street in Cork city again tonight by the court house I believe. Looks to be drink from the off licence rather than takeaway from the pubs.

It isn't my scene, but fair play to them. The appetite for draconian restrictions is passing in Ireland.

The people are finally prioritising living their lives rather than hiding away from a disease that thankfully is alot less deadly than originally imagined.

Talking to friends who are teachers, it appears as if alot of families are back living their lives. Children visiting their friends houses and trips we'll outside the 5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

Do folks not understand that this is what is causing restrictions and causing them to be extended? Applauding these behaviours is essentially voting for continue restrictions. We all want to get back to normal asap and the way to do that is respect the restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Do folks not understand that this is what is causing restrictions and causing them to be extended? Applauding these behaviours is essentially voting for continue restrictions. We all want to get back to normal asap and the way to do that is respect the restrictions.

You've been around long enough to know that many of us who want restrictions reduced want them to be reduced as we believe the current restrictions are not proportionate to the risk.

The widespread lack of adherence to the current restrictions shows that a large amount of the population now believe the same.

The Tony can bring in as much restrictions as he wants at this stage - compliance will be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The mismanagement of nursing homes, hospitals and healthcare staff is what’s causing the lockdowns and restrictions.
    Joe Soap is not responsible for the hundreds (thousands?) of cases coming out of nursing homes, or the volume the patients in our hospitals getting infected while availing of treatment for other health issues because they weren’t adequately protected.
    It’s not our fault that healthcare workers are getting exposed to the virus and having to self isolate.
    Nor are we responsible for the cumulative deaths occurring in all of these settings.

Unfortunately no amount of hiding under our beds is going to help with this, the only thing that will help is acknowledgment of this fact and a plan of action (other than lockdown) from the government but I think we’ll be waiting for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

youre dead right, look at all the people hospitalised from having a few beers in Dublin and Cork last week.. oh wait...

but lets blame them for the virus and the lockdown anyway. makes zero sense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The thing that really annoys me about the restrictions is the complete distrust of officialdom in the public.

For example, this whole thing about waiting to be told if it's safe to go home for Christmas, or if it's safe to visit elderly family members.

I am completely anti-restrictions but even if I am told by NPHET or the government that I am 'allowed' to visit my elderly parents for Christmas, I will still make my own judgement.
    I will consult with my parents and my siblings, ask then what they want and make a judgement based on that consensus. I'll be paying no heed to what I'm told by NPHET or the government..

Even if NPHET tells me it's ok to stay with my parents for Christmas , I might well decide not to stay with them based on my own families analysis or decide to only visit them in the way we ourselves deem safe.

This is why I despise Tony and NPHET so much, he basically thinks he is a genius and everyone else is a cretin. He thinks everyone is incapable of thinking for themselves and he feels the need to give them black and white orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Cork2021

This can’t be happening surely? We have with or from but not having it at all is a different story

https://twitter.com/emmasgarrett/status/1329905351249055747?s=21

That’s not surprising and after 9 months of this if you haven’t grasped it yet then I don’t think I we can do anymore to explain it to you.

what's your normal?? getting out the brasso and the family silver, then counting your gold coins from you savings earned from your ebay sales..
    give over will ye, people are bored with your reactionary three liners! you're like one of those provocative callers who rings into the Adrian Kennedy phone show to rant while his cocoa is burning on the stove.. two rooms down from Adrian himself..Back to your joseph fritzl version of normal more like..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Stay safe . Stay at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

A good report on BBC Newsnight just now on how unbalanced this whole thing has been. Scientists and doctors silenced and a focus solely on Covid to the detriment of other parts of society and healthcare. Worth watching. It's always amazing to watch the penny dropping.

polesheep wrote: »
    A good report on BBC Newsnight just now on how unbalanced this whole thing has been. Scientists and doctors silenced and a focus solely on Covid to the detriment of other parts of society and healthcare. Worth watching. It's always amazing to watch the penny dropping.

sure even the dregs and peddlers of fear are now starting to squeal!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

rusty cole wrote: »
    sure even the dregs and peddlers of fear are now starting to squeal!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

I've been saying for a while now that the herd has moved on and it's been laughable to read the reactions from those who believe that if they insist that everyone is following restrictions then that will be the reality. Life is as different now on both sides of the curtain as it was during the cold war. (Different curtain, of course)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The mismanagement of nursing homes, hospitals and healthcare staff is what’s causing the lockdowns and restrictions.
    Joe Soap is not responsible for the hundreds (thousands?) of cases coming out of nursing homes, or the volume of patients in our hospitals getting infected while availing of treatment for other health issues because they weren’t adequately protected.
    It’s not our fault that healthcare workers are getting exposed to the virus and having to self isolate.
    Nor are we responsible for the cumulative deaths occurring in all of these settings.

Unfortunately no amount of hiding under our beds is going to help with this, the only thing that will help is acknowledgment of this fact and a plan of action (other than lockdown) from the government but I think we’ll be waiting for that.

My father’s nursing home we’re responsible for 90% of the cases in our entire county one week.

We did everything right and they let that virus in which killed him and four other residents.

And they blame pubs and people going the shops ???,

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

On a level between 1 and Tony Holohan, how concerned are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Gervais08 wrote: »
    My father’s nursing home we’re responsible for 90% of the cases in our entire county one week.

We did everything right and they let that virus in which killed him and four other residents.

There is just no excuse for that, it’s unacceptable. The government had 9 months to get their house in order and they have utterly failed.
    We are apparently doing all these lockdowns and restrictions to protect the vulnerable and elderly but we aren’t protecting them at all from what I can see.
    We have upheld our end of the bargain, but they haven’t delivered what they promised.

The virus is completely out of control in nursing homes and instead of directing effort and attention to that area, Dr Death is instead ‘increasingly concerned’ about young people drinking flat pints outdoors on a bleak wet winter night and wanted to rush in yet another piece of emergency legislation to legally put a stop to it.
    Meanwhile our elderly are being completely neglected and let down by the system, and it’s actually scandalous.

The radio silence from the media on this matter is speaking volumes too. The only slight consolation is that sooner or later they will be held accountable for this.

• Advertisement

There is just no excuse for that, it’s unacceptable. The government had 9 months to get their house in order and they have utterly failed.
    We are apparently doing all these lockdowns and restrictions to protect the vulnerable and elderly but we aren’t protecting them at all from what I can see.
    We have upheld our end of the bargain, but they haven’t delivered what they promised.

The virus is completely out of control in nursing homes and instead of directing effort and attention to that area, Dr Death is instead ‘increasingly concerned’ about young people drinking flat pints outdoors on a bleak wet winter night and wanted to rush in yet another piece of emergency legislation to legally put a stop to it.
    Meanwhile our elderly are being completely neglected and let down by the system, and it’s actually scandalous.

The radio silence from the media on this matter is speaking volumes too. The only slight consolation is that sooner or later they will be held accountable for this.

I hope so, I really do - my dad had dementia and some other health issues but he could have had some time longer if they had a decent cleaning protocol at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

So true , the frustration I feel because of it . Dad in nursing home and now in beaumount hospital. Can’t see him and no end to this ****e
    Government and nursing home paralysed with fear

Oberkon wrote: »
    So true , the frustration I feel because of it . Dad in nursing home and now in beaumount hospital. Can’t see him and no end to this ****e
    Government and nursing home paralysed with fear

I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Make what you want from this.... seems positive to me but it could all be smoke and mirrors

https://twitter.com/seandefoe/status/1329825391155027969?s=21

If done on the late late toy show that would be cringe central

Very hard to see this been true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Cork2021 wrote: »
    This can’t be happening surely? We have with or from but not having it at all is a different story

https://twitter.com/emmasgarrett/status/1329905351249055747?s=21

Is that not Northern Ireland though?
    I don't want to seem insensitive, but if she produces a death cert that states the cause of death was covid, then that's wrong.

People need to realize that a death cert doesn't just have a single box for cause of death. It's multiple boxes to be filled out. With Covid being a notified disease (along with 50+ others) it will be mentioned on the death cert (but not always specifically as a cause of death)

HIV is a notified disease, someone HIV+ killed in a car accident will have HIV on the death cert (obviously for caution with autopsy or for funeral homes to take extra precautions) BUT the cause of death would NOT list HIV as cause of death, it would be blunt force trauma due to a road traffic accident etc...

This covid on death cert **** needs to be put to bed ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The point I think MickelsonM30 is making is that if folk continue to disregard the restrictions NPHET will use these social media video clips and pics of street drinking to continue with the restrictions, thus defeating the purpose of coming out of the lockdown for Xmas. If the anti-restriction brigade just had a wee bit of cop on and toed the line, just for a week anyway, we might actually see some of NPHET actually smile in one of these press conferences and agree to relax the restrictions a bit. My two cents. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Sunday papers might be a worth a read this week...wonder will we see a shift in focus and narrative at last? St. Tony in particular seemed to go down like a lead balloon this week with the public- his extreme arrogance and dismissive demeanour is finally starting to irk even diehard lockdown devotees. This glorified GP is swaging around like something you'd see in some far flung Autocracy - time he was put in his place and re-control was taken of our democracy.

The point I think MickelsonM30 is making is that if folk continue to disregard the restrictions NPHET will use these social media video clips and pics of street drinking to continue with the restrictions, thus defeating the purpose of coming out of the lockdown for Xmas. If the anti-restriction brigade just had a wee bit of cop on and toed the line, just for a week anyway, we might actually see some of NPHET actually smile in one of these press conferences and agree to relax the restrictions a bit. My two cents. :)

A ridiculous two cents- we've had 9 months of this rubbish. I couldn't give a flying ****e if NPHET are impressed or not (who cares?). The more of these videos the better as it shows these jokers they no longer have control- unless they are going to implement a full on police state (good luck with that btw) their dictats are now piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

People have had it up to here with this ridiculous charade. A nation of five million people living in lockdown because of 30 people in ICUs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Gervais08 wrote: »

I’m really really sorry for your loss.

And your point is true, it’s infuriating. Once again we find ourselves in lockdown like earlier in the year, once again the powers that be have made a complete and utter mess of managing and protecting the most vulnerable, once again nursing homes and hospitals are not being protected by those that should be protecting them, once again rather than answer questions the power that be distract and attempt to focus the attention away from these failings by blaming joe public, look over there at those people drinking in the street, look over there at those people working who shouldn’t be.

And of course once again as evidenced only a few back enough people still fall for this bullsh1t believing yes it’s all the fault of the joe public, please give me more, punish me more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement