Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2020: ROUND 14 Turkish GP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

chicorytip wrote: »
    What usually happens will happen again tomorrow. Lewis wins.

The FIA will probably be meeting with Mercedes tonight to plan when they will trigger the safety car for Lewis to pit during.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Lando was saying that the F1 cars were no quicker on the circuit than the F2 or F3 cars in having their session today.
    "I think it's been fun because it's different, but it's also not fun because sometimes you just can't do much," said the Briton, who will start 16th after the penalty was applied.

You're not really driving the best car and you're not trying to drive the car necessarily the best way.

A lot of it's just down to the car itself, so it almost is worse than normal running in some ways.

There is a challenge, but I think it was not as fun as normal because we're not pushing the limits of a Formula 1 car.

You feel like you'll almost be able to do the same lap time in a F2 or F3 car, you're going that slowly."

[URL="https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/153534/f1-cars-felt-no-quicker-in-turkey-than-f2--
    norris"]https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/153534/f1-cars-felt-no-quicker-in-turkey-than-f2--norris[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Delighted for Stroll! Really enjoyed that.

He gets a lot of shît about Daddy’s money but that was some drive and proves he’s not a bad driver at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

H8GHOTI wrote: »

He gets a lot of shît about Daddy’s money but that was some drive and proves he’s not a bad driver at all.

Between the fact he’s a paid driver and driving a car that was a copy and not an original design im not too pushed just glad its not Mercs

Even though he might be ‘proving’ himself at times like this, I find it hard to warm to him overall and really hope and expect Max to pass him early tomorrow and maybe Perez too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Rain forecast for midday in istanbul, an hour before lights out.

The tyre compounds aren't great either. Expect everyone in Top 10 at least to start on softest one

Reckon we will see a few safety cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Umbrellas up on Sky, rain is about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hopefully it will stay wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm expecting a race win for Max and Lewis ending up on the podium. After how unhappy Max was about not getting pole yesterday he'll drive like a man possessed today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'm expecting a race win for Max and Lewis ending up on the podium. After how unhappy Max was about not getting pole yesterday he'll drive like a man possessed today

Expect a first corner pile up then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,557 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

H8GHOTI wrote: »

I don’t think it proves he’s not a bad driver after all. We have loads of evidence of his normal level of performance and I think we can conclude he’s a bang average driver at best. He was very poor when he started out and his money meant he got more chances than any normal driver.

Yesterday was great but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s not a good driver by any stretch. Terrible attitude and certainly a unique kind of pay driver.

Grosjean can be fast on one or two occasions in a season and Pastor Maldonado was fast on occasion too. But there comes a point when it counts against them as you ask, “if the can be that fast, why can’t they do it consistently?”. And at that point you evaluate them as bang average drivers who fail to reach their potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Grid slot alot dryer for Max's side in the wet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

https://mobile.twitter.com/wbuxtonofficial/status/1327904797027131392

Should I take the kids out before rain sets in or watch the race? Gonna be a classic today

Giovinazzi has binned it on the lap to the grid

skipper_G wrote: »
    Giovinazzi has binned it on the lap to the grid

So does Russell

So does Russell

Yep, not sure what his incident was because Sky cut away from buildup for a pointless Hamilton nostalgia puff piece. Russell made it back to the pits, Giovinazzi managed to get around to the grid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah I definitely wouldn’t rule out a Lewis win here.

To be fair though this is as open as we could possible want off a race.

Going to brew me a big pot of coffee and sit down to watch the madness unfold.

skipper_G wrote: »
    Yep, not sure what his incident was because Sky cut away from buildup for a pointless Hamilton nostalgia puff piece. Russell made it back to the pits, Giovinazzi managed to get around to the grid.

Down to lack of grip I'd imagine, seen Perez going straight on in one of the corners

Safety car start or safety car after first lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Harika wrote: »

**** that

• Advertisement

Reckon 5 cars will be lost during the 1st lap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is the sound out of sync with with picture on Sky?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Harika wrote: »

I think the fact it isn’t raining now means we’ll get away with a safety car start, but I wouldn’t rule out a lap one SC at all.

astrofluff wrote: »

I thought yer man was lip syncing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

David Coulthard is part of the Sky team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

astrofluff wrote: »

I think that F16 has knocked everything out of sync

Enjoy the race everyone.

No safety car it seems, wonder if there are madmen that start on inters

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This is going to be one of the most unpredictable in years. It really could go any way. The RB looked rubbish on inters so lets see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Top Dog wrote: »
    David Coulthard is part of the Sky team?

I'd say with the limitations on media that he's the designated reporter this weekend and they're all using the one stream, similar to the podium interviews.

This might get juicy, Max to lead after turn 1, I can't see Stroll putting it up to him. SC then after some kind of pile up in the mid field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Unpredictable is right. But I can be confident in saying Hulkenberg won't be on the podium!!! :p

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Exciting day to be a Racing Point and Perez fan. Nerves are at me already, would love to see something amazing and Checo to grab a win but seems unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Let’s hope this ends of a nuts as it could be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Should be a max victory, but anything could happen really. How many SCs will we get i wonder :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This has a bit if excitement like the mid to late 90s racing. Totally unknown

• Advertisement

Hopefully this'll be a decent race and they don't chicken out with Safety Cars and Red flags with a bit of fresh rain.

Everyone on wets except Latifi and Russell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Bets on somebody going off on the formation lap? :pac:

Another podium for Danny Ric would be sweet.

Bit of inexperience there from Stroll, needed to back the pack up. Losing tyre temperatures now

• Advertisement

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Bets on somebody going off on the formation lap? :pac:

I bet five drivers. Will collect on winnings l8r.

lolol

Slowest start ever

Vettel what a start! And Hamilton a big winner

Bottas you ****ing loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Seb overtakes Hamilton on track for position :D

Albon over taking Hamilton, madness

Come on Seb, hold up Max as long as possible please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Hamilton struggling. He is normally the one to beat in the rain. Not today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I know it's very very early days, but how great would it be to see Seb on the podium again?!

In fairness to Stroll, he looks very comfortable with the conditions. 5 seconds clear and only on lap 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement