Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Rogan * Mod Warning Post 234*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He gets good guests because he is so popular so those ones are worth it. Sam Harris, Dan Carlin, Jon Ronson are good. The lance Armstrong one from a few years ago is excellent. He does absolutely no research on anything though so when he starts waffling he can ruin it.

I like the alternative history ones like Graham Hancock as well. Again though Joe doesn't have a notion so he doesn't challenge any of the bull****.

Dan Carlin could talk about what womens underwear he finds comfortable for 3 hours and I guarantee it would make it sound interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Crazy suggestion - don't watch / listen to the podcast.
    You are welcome.

It’s Boards. You haven’t been to the radio forum have you? There’s a subculture of men (always men) who listen to radio shows they despise so they can complain about it on the internet. Every day they do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i tend to avoid the comedian ones bar joey diaz who is great
    I don't see how you couldnt find stuff there you like - he has great guests fcuk he even had Dr. Phil

personal favourites was Ed Calderon ,Johann Hari and of course Alex Jones
    Your one last night Dr. Rhonda Patrick was good before so i'll watch that later...

It is possible not to watch a topic you've no interest...you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Lots of morons accomplish things. What on earth does one have to do with the other? Why is this always the retort, as if success is some sort of get out of jail free pass for everything?!

He isnt famous for lighting his own farts, if someone can be successful at different things it gets harder to justify calling them a moron.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Just terrible on so many levels, if you're putting out that many shows a week you're forgoing quality for quantity.

I like his curiosity but he lacks any self awareness.

what does that mean in the context of joe rogan?
    example(s) would be nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Newsradio (the sitcom) was very good.

It had a maintenance guy in the station, played by Joe Rogan. He was a conpiracy obsessed guy to laugh at.

That is all.

I did enjoy that. Paramount used to have it on in the small hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

**** guests? Really?

I like JRE because it's one of those podcasts that I'll click on someone who I don't have a breeze about and hopefully hear a good long-form conversation . Some stand out ones are:

Ex-Baltimore cop and whistleblower Michael Wood.
    Ex corrupt cop from the infamous 75 precinct in New York
    Neuroscientist/Sleep expert Mathew Walker
    First appearance of controversial Jordan Peterson
    Research scientist working on AI, Lex Fridman
    Billy Blue Nuts (Bill Burr)
    Guy Richie
    Gabrielle Reece, author, athlete (wife to Laird Hamilton)
    Gad Saad, evolutionary psychologist
    Dr. Carl Hart, psychology prefessor
    Michael Shermer, founder of Skeptic Society, science historian.
    Tom Greenm, funnyman
    Billy Corgan
    Henry Rollins
    Ms. Pat, commedian

There are so many more, Anthony Cumia, Jim Norton, Tulsi Gabbard, Derren Brown, Tom Segura, Ari Shaffir, Duncan Trussell, Jimmy Dore, Dave Attel, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Kevin Smith all Joey Diaz episodes!

I don't know, if you don't find anyone interesting in the handful of about 1500 episodes of mostly, overall interesting people, that's on you, lol Maybe try someone you don't know.

There's wide range of guests from former marines, stand-up comics, rock and roll megastars, politicians, Hip Hop artists, psychologists, martial arts experts, scientists, lol.

And it's all FREE! lol Always a complainer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I've watched a lot of his stuff on youtube. He has the best guests of any podcaster and he knows his stuff when it comes to martial arts. I never liked him as a stand up comedian though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I do watch clips of the show on YouTube and find them good but I've never managed to watch a full episode.

I tried with the recent John Carmack one as I'm a big fan of his but even then it couldn't really hold my attention.

Best in small doses and not be taken too seriously, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

silverharp wrote: »
    He isnt famous for lighting his own farts, if someone can be successful at different things it gets harder to justify calling them a moron.

How are those mutually exclusive in the slightest?! Donald Trump is perhaps the biggest moron on the planet and managed to become president.

• Advertisement

How are those mutually exclusive in the slightest?! Donald Trump is perhaps the biggest moron on the planet and managed to become president.

Because its difficult to do, reading his bio he had been knocking it out of the park since he was a teenager. There are plenty of one trick ponies out there, someone that can jump the fence and be successful in some form over multiple decades is to be admired.
    Unless you want to get into the definition of whats a moron is (and I dont) but somewhere in there is a hint of low IQ , a bit slow witted or a danger to themselves and everyone around them because they are so irresponsible. So sorry cant see it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He's a dope. Sometimes he has interesting guests on, but the man himself is a bit of an ejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

He smokes way too much weed, you can see it in his eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

Elon Musk: “we’re rapidly approaching a point where humans will begin interfacing symbiotically with machines”

Joe Rogan: “Dude that’s so interesting! Did you ever see a chimp ride a motorcycle?”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

**** guests? Really?

I like JRE because it's one of those podcasts that I'll click on someone who I don't have a breeze about and hopefully hear a good long-form conversation . Some stand out ones are:

Oh jeez!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

**** guests? Really?

Ex-Baltimore cop and whistleblower Michael Wood.
    Ex corrupt cop from the infamous 75 precinct in New York
    Neuroscientist/Sleep expert Mathew Walker
    First appearance of controversial Jordan Peterson
    Research scientist working on AI, Lex Fridman
    Guy Richie
    Gabrielle Reece, author, athlete (wife to Laird Hamilton)
    Gad Saad, evolutionary psychologist
    Dr. Carl Hart, psychology prefessor
    Michael Shermer, founder of Skeptic Society, science historian.
    Tom Greenm, funnyman
    Billy Corgan
    Henry Rollins
    Ms. Pat, commedian

There are so many more, Anthony Cumia, Jim Norton, Tulsi Gabbard, Derren Brown, Tom Segura, Ari Shaffir, Duncan Trussell, Jimmy Dore, Dave Attel, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Kevin Smith all Joey Diaz episodes!

I don't know, if you don't find anyone interesting in the handful of about 1500 episodes of mostly, overall interesting people, that's on you, lol Maybe try someone you don't know.

There's wide range of guests from former marines, stand-up comics, rock and roll megastars, politicians, Hip Hop artists, psychologists, martial arts experts, scientists, lol.

And it's all FREE! lol Always a complainer! :D

The ones you named at first were good yes I have to admit, but they're like once every two months, there's a lot of shít in between. Some of the names in your second list are awful by the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The Joey Diaz ones are always hilarious! EP 1000 in particular has some cracking stories.

Don't like Diaz, I'd say he has a few " metoo " moments in his past.

Joe does have a tendency to talk way too much. He kind of dominates the conversation.

The podcasts with Randall Carlson are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I've listened to a few and enjoyed them. Graham Hancock ones are good and what about Dan ackroyd? I had no idea he was such a ufo nut lol. He claims to have seen loads of ufos and even had a sexual encounter with a ghost. I actually bought a bottle of his crystal head vodka after watching it. Cool bottle, terrible hangover, I wouldn't get it again :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Some of those on here bashing Joe because not every single show he does is up to your high standards, are the same people that binge watch dancing celebs. Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Preachy moderators, that's one thing everybody loves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Cienciano wrote: »
    Dan Carlin could talk about what womens underwear he finds comfortable for 3 hours and I guarantee it would make it sound interesting.

Dan Carlin puts a lot more time into his podcasts, quality over quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The one with Alex Jones was epic.

What happened.

I'd watch but I can't tolerate that ass hat Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

He has had some big stars too like Mel Gibson and Jamie Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Can’t understand how he has a career as a stand up, he brutal. I liked the one with Teddy Atlas. Atlas spoke about Tyson for 10-15 straight without that clown interrupting. It was excellent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3wCZY_vW860

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

His podcasts aren't great are they? He only has a good guest on maybe every two months. The only two good ones I can remember recently were the one with black guy on about the kkk and the guy that wrote that new book on Manson. I also find he talks about himself too much, I'm sorry Joe I don't give a **** about your opinions. Normally he has on his unfunny comedian friends or journalists that spout shít for about two hours. I also find his podcast is influencing a lot of Irish people who are beginning to act like they are living in the states.
    It’s just not for you is it ? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

This was awkward for Joe.

Joe Rogan on the art of "stool fcuking" in comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5s1mrcgi_c

Rogan is moving to Spotify from YouTube, liked the young Jamie comment

https://twitter.com/MMAHistoryToday/status/1262853921657294849

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

They seem to go forever and I don't like his voice. I read a book called The Science of Sleep once and just found that the author had been on his show, Matthew Walker, it's very interesting if you're into that kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

They seem to go forever and I don't like his voice. I read a book called The Science of Sleep once and just found that the author had been on his show, Matthew Walker, it's very interesting if you're into that kind of thing.

Thats a great watch

Advertisement