Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Issac wrote: »
    I ported on the 22nd but no code yet. Is there way to contact them apart from Twitter and FB that I will actually get a response from? (I don't have a Twitter or FB account) thanks.

Who did you port from? If you ported from 48 or Tesco after the 15th (or there abouts) you don't qualify for the offer. The codes are usually issued on Wednesday, you might get it this Wednesday if you qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Who did you port from? If you ported from 48 or Tesco after the 15th (or there abouts) you don't qualify for the offer. The codes are usually issued on Wednesday, you might get it this Wednesday if you qualify.

Came over from Eir. Were you sent a text or how were they sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

A text.
    You could try getting onto them on chat but they'll probably fob you off.
    I contacted them on chat, was told they sent my details onto the correct department, I'd hear back in 24 hours. Heard nothing from them but got the code the following Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They get sent by text, a few people including myself didn't receive the text so I contacted them via dm on twitter and got the code that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Cool. I'll hang tough until Wednesday and then follow up if I don't get anything. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Got my buds on Friday. Glad I switched anyway. Signal is far better with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Didn't get the code by text, so spoke to the staff on twitter. Issue sorted and got the code. Have ordered the buds and waiting for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Ported from 48 on 15/10 but never received code, left a message on FB Vodafone page two days ago got reply today with code, happy days. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

is this offer over ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

bassy wrote: »
    is this offer over ?.

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Ported on 22st Sept. Got the code via fb at 1pm today. Ordered and got a dispatch notice. Thanks op ðŸ‘

Frank11 wrote: »
    Ported on 22st Sept. Got the code via fb at 1pm today. Ordered and got a dispatch notice. Thanks op ðŸ‘

That took a while to get :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Finally got the code and ordered! Vodafone's Customer support on social media platforms is abysmal, twitter agents told me i was ineligible because i switched plans and therefore i was ineligible, which is utter nonsense, and facebook support agents told me i wouldnt be eligible because apparently i didnt make a call until the 29th, which is total BS! In my case the live chat team was the most helpful as they escalated my case and i got the code via text 2 days after they escalated my case

No code yet so contacted Live Chat and got told to wait for up to 14 days from top up date. :(, countdown started.

Just received code and ordered :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Just received my code and ordered now.

I registered my port (as soon as possible) on 23 October. On my account it shows the card issued on 24 Oct.
    Got my sim card on 28 and topped up then and made calls/text same day.

Got my code this evening about 30 mins ago.

I ported from Eir.

Thank you Rizzee for bring this offer to my attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

received a redemption code tonight after speaking to chat & fb today. When trying to go through the redemption it says the product in the basket isn't eligible but I'm certain it's the correct one. Frustrating as it's 3 weeks since porting in and topping up. Looks like it's going to be yet another attempt on chat

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ThreeGreens

If it helps, this was the link that I was given to use to make the claim. You add the buds to the basked, and go to checkout and then put your code in.

Correct link

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ported 23rd, got code today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ported 23rd, told I was not entitled to code.

• Advertisement

jamesd wrote: »
    Ported 23rd, told I was not entitled to code.

Ported from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

48, requested the port on the 16th but it didn't port until the Tuesday so I think that ruled me out.

jamesd wrote: »
    48, requested the port on the 16th but it didn't port until the Tuesday so I think that ruled me out.

48 was ruled out on the 16th I think it was but look back a few pages and
    you will see the correct date.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 watchman.ie

Finally, got them ordered, ported the 15th, but over 2 hours on chat over the last 2 days, gave me the code through chat and not by text.

Took 5 days from registering to get my hands on them.
    Have to say excellent bit of kit, great sound, well worth €20 ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Stupidly didn't read the T&Cs and paid €20 and ported my Lyca Mobile sim.
    €20 wasted unless the facebook support feel sorry for me.

Excluded:-
    - Lyca
    - Tesco

Seems a little underhanded excluding a large number of porters in the fine print.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Code received. Doesn't work.

Contact Vodafone direct and let them know.
    If you did everything correctly, which you must have to get code, it must be something wrong with the actual code.

Which date did you apply to port, and which date did you eventually top up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Same happened me. Got on to them on Twitter and got a code that worked.

Advertisement