Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Was this email sent to everyone or just those who applied for group HR as I didn't get any emails.

how did you apply for group HR and you had four options to choose from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Hopefully we hear back this week then :-)

Was this email sent to everyone or just those who applied for group HR as I didn't get any emails.

how did you apply for group HR and you had four options to choose from ?

Not sure who the emails were sent to. I just got one after I completed the online tests. Put group HR as my 1st choice, think there were 5 all together!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pmatty86

I didnt really apply for HR it was my 4th preference, had Corp as my first choice and Risk as my second, i think it was just an automated email sent out after the tests were finished!

I didn't get any email after I finished applying, I wanted capital markets but got group accounting.

I don't know what I'm meant to think of this.

@freeze4real, Did you get an email saying you got group accounting??

I've had two emails form boi/cut-e the first inviting me to complete the aptitude tests and the second saying that results are being processed and candidates will be selected in early january, they never mentioned a specific area that i was applying for.

• Advertisement

I got an email from boi/cut saying I got group accounting and to fill aptitude test.

But after completing it, I got no response stating successful applicants will be contacted in early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Buchiach

I also got this email but noticed on it that if the tests were past that there would be a telephone screening to be completed!
    Was this in everyones email?

Buchiach wrote: »
    I also got this email but noticed on it that if the tests were past that there would be a telephone screening to be completed!
    Was this in everyones email?

Yeah this was in mine too. Wonder how tough the telephone screening will be? :rolleyes:

Flunch wrote: »

Yeah this was in mine too. Wonder how tough the telephone screening will be? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing a run through your cv and experience to date. Perhaps a few questions about the area you would like to be in. Possibly some questions about the banking world in general I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

Flunch wrote: »

I got the impression that the telephone screening was less an interview, more a quick explanation of what the interview will consist of, arranging time of interview, location, etc.. I don't know though.

• Advertisement

Interesting, according to the 1st email that I got it says should you be successful at this stage of the process you will be invited to attend an interview and to give a presentation in Dublin in 2013.

Did anyone get it ?

A mate of mine who got group accounting as well got email's before and after the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blondeybaba

Hi guys, applied like all ye for the HR programme! Completed aptitude tests before Xmas and got all the same emails. Really anxious to hear back :-/

Has anybody heard anything from BOI yet?

pmatty86 wrote: »
    Has anybody heard anything from BOI yet?

Not as yet but I'm sure it will be soon. Anyway after been through this sort if process many times any dates mentioned on emails to hear back by are 99% of the time never meet! All part of the waiting game!

Just got the email saying i have the telephone screening on tuesday

Eoghan41 wrote: »

Great stuff mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

Got an email today that says telephone interview on Thursday the 24th.

Congrats on the interview, do you mind if I ask which area you applied for?

Slippers wrote: »
    Got an email today that says telephone interview on Thursday the 24th.

pmatty86 wrote: »

I couldn't apply for just one area. The website wouldn't let me submit my application until I had ranked all six areas from 1 to 6. I put Corporate and Treasury first.

• Advertisement

Yeah corporate and treasury for me too then risk. DontDon'tthink theyll look past your first two choices anyway

The way I see it the top roles like corporate or treasury gets filled first then to credit risk to accounting to Hr.

I Might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

Does anyone have any experience with what is asked on this 'validation' calls? Is it just running through your application, double checking everything?

Or will it include telephone interview questions like 'tell me about yourself', 'why do you want BOI' etc etc?

I asked and its just a validation call, not an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jamesmac2009

Hi everyone. I applied for this programme aswell with actuarial as my first choice but still havent heard back. I didnt get any email when I submitted my aptitude tests. A page just came up saying that your application was submitted successfully. Was this the same for you? Did anyone else apply for the actuarial programme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Can you actually check what you have applied for as your choices. I had to pick 6 in order of preference and want to double check the order I put them in.

no but im sure that with the telephone screening you could ask them/change your mind about the order

Still havent gotten an email about a validation call.. Worried now :-\

Just had the call,was a bit more of an interview than I expected but more just about motivations/requirements of job. Due to there being so much interest this year, they will be calling people in to next week so if you havent heard yet there's still plenty of time left. Also, the presentation has been scrapped in favour of an assessment day, which you do not have to prepare one for but will have other activities to do in their Dublin offices over about 4 hours I think.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone. I applied for this programme aswell with actuarial as my first choice but still havent heard back. I didnt get any email when I submitted my aptitude tests. A page just came up saying that your application was submitted successfully

This exactly what happened to me, If I don't hear a response in 2 weeks time I'd send an email.

Eoghan41when did you apply ages before the deadline or just a few days before it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

I applied the first couple of days the programme was advertised and have a phone interview on Thursday. My girlfriend applied about five days later and hasnt heard a thing from them yet. I would presume they will be calling over the next two weeks, emails seem to go out Friday evenings by the looks of it.

I applied around the 17th of November and from talking to people it seems that the later you apply the later the update will be.

I contacted them on Monday, the person on the phone asked when i had applied(I did it the day before the deadline), they advised me that it could be two weeks before all candidates are contacted and that its going in order of when you completed the application process.

I also applied a few hours before the deadline. hopefully I id well on the test as I was given accounting questions which I only did in 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Speedo29

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the success rate is for moving from phone screening to interview?? I just had a call today and can't work out how much was screening or formality...Was hard to work out what they are looking for from it.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I was wondering when I would hear back from BOI. It is great to hear they are not getting back to people. Good luck in your phone screening. :) I applied the 15th of November, took the tests around the 20th. Received an email then on the 18th of December saying I would hear back from them in January.

Just got an email there saying I have telephone screening on Friday, so they are still contacting people :)

Speedo29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the success rate is for moving from phone screening to interview?? I just had a call today and can't work out how much was screening or formality...Was hard to work out what they are looking for from it.

Thanks!

I went to a BoI presentation in November and the plan was that after the online tests there would be 150-200 interviews for 57 jobs. The phone interviews and assessment day were later changes.

If more people passed the tests than expected they could be using the phone interviews to cut the numbers back down e.g. 600phone/200assessment.

If it's just a more thorough look at people everyone who gets a phone interview may be getting through e.g. 200phone/200assessment. (unlikely)

Or it could be that because assessment days take more time they need to cut the numbers more first e.g. 200phone/100assessment.

HR may be reading this thread so they might let us know. :pac:

For those getting phone interview - were you given a time in your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blondeybaba

Just had the call,was a bit more of an interview than I expected but more just about motivations/requirements of job. Due to there being so much interest this year, they will be calling people in to next week so if you havent heard yet there's still plenty of time left. Also, the presentation has been scrapped in favour of an assessment day, which you do not have to prepare one for but will have other activities to do in their Dublin offices over about 4 hours I think.

Hey there, I have the call next week. Do you mind me asking what exactly you were asked? Thanks, BB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Speedo29

Yep they put a date and time in the email about the phone screening

Speedo29 wrote: »
    Yep they put a date and time in the email about the phone screening

Great thanks! Although, even if I do get to the phone call stage, I will probably end up looking at my phone for the entire day even though I know a time. :p But it narrows it down.

Hey there, I have the call next week. Do you mind me asking what exactly you were asked? Thanks, BB

It was mostly a validation call except for the questions " Why did you choose the streams you have done?" and "Why do you want to work for Bank of Ireland?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WalterWhite77

Yeah I had mine yesterday It was only a validation call and they didnt really ask any specific questions Seemed to be just a call before the interview so didnt have to prepare anything at all..

Does anybody know if cut-e are still contacting people? I rang last week and they said that they would be contacting more candidates over the next 2 weeks but I havent heard of anyone being contacted, also nobody posting here this week that they have been contacted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 NedNoodles

@pmatty86

Well I have my phone interview today. They contacted me a week ago by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Newbie in the room

A bunch of my friends applied along with me. If you haven't been contacted by email then I would say that you haven't passed the online assessment.

My feeling is that even from the validation call you're still not guaranteed an interview.

Just my gut feeling I could be wrong.

has anyone just received a duplicate email saying that they have another telephone screening?

has anyone just received a duplicate email saying that they have another telephone screening?

Yep I got the same. Said 9 this morning but I already had my screening yesterday

Yeah I got it at 11. Flunch did you hear when youll hear back about a potential interview?

• Advertisement
Advertisement