Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saysay2012

Ericb1987 wrote: »
    ya found it fairly vague alright? do ye have a print out of this fitness and probity stuff that they refer to in section 6 included in the pack?? cant seem to find it at all! would have assumed they would have checked references before now!

Hi, I don't seem to have a copy of it either. The medical questionnaire is fairly thorough I thought! And leaving it so late to contact referees!?!
    Also surprised they didn't put it in writing where we will be based initially. Need to start thinking about accomodation etc

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi guys

Can someone please pm me a number on which I can call Grad Recruitment as I havent received my contract yet and Deirdre Gunnip is out of the office today. Does anyone have another number for the grad recruitment?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ronnie91

Anyone here who got Corporate and treasury in London, what are your plans for accomodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saysay2012

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything since they returned their contracts, confirmation they received it or similar?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mmbc91

Ronnie91 wrote: »
    Anyone here who got Corporate and treasury in London, what are your plans for accomodation?

No idea!! Kinda need to be there before i start looking and have all the documentation sorted first. Dreading it really!! You?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 martin2012

Saysay2012 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything since they returned their contracts, confirmation they received it or similar?

Thanks

No, Not really , have you heard anything ?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 martin2012

Hi lads

since I've accepted and returned my contract I got no news from BOI/HR , I dont know if they got it or not!!! does anyone know whats the next stage? I am supposed to start in Sept ( business banking) and I am still waiting for a call ( I dont know where & in which brunch I should start my task). please if you are in the same boat let us know when you heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MooTree

Anybody have advice on credit & market risk analyst interview?

martin2012 wrote: »
    Hi lads

since I've accepted and returned my contract I got no news from BOI/HR , I dont know if they got it or not!!! does anyone know whats the next stage? I am supposed to start in Sept ( business banking) and I am still waiting for a call ( I dont know where & in which brunch I should start my task). please if you are in the same boat let us know when you heard anything.

Heard references were checked a few days ago from one of mine. Prob hear something when that's done.. Won't feel it now until the start date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ericb1987

hey

well i got a call a week ago telling me i will be in baggot street branch for the first three months and gave me my managers number. then received fitness standards on monday and a self check questionnaire! anyone else find the questionnaire really thorough?

at least now i can start looking for apartments! thinking east wall area??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi guys

Does anyone know if you can defer your place on the scheme till next year?

Thanks

Has anyone for C&T heard anything since returning their contracts? Starting to get a tad worried

• Registered Users Posts: 11 july1988

Hey! i got business banking in dublin! is anyone looking for accomodation? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is the grad programme going to open up new applications in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eamonpm

So who is going along to the Induction day tomorrow? Any idea what it will entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Programme open again for 2013... Deadline 14 December...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is anyone applying for this year programmes.

Are the positions available in Ireland or London ?

I'm sure they are in Ireland, did they say anything about them being in UK/London? They would state it wouldn't they, didn't spot if they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

I was looking at the online application form for this and I saw that you have to enter your PPS Number. Why would they need to know your PPSN?

I think it said that some jobs might be in London or UK.

Is the application the same for positions at the central bank of Ireland .

• Advertisement

Really didn't know that thought it just be for dublin.

Not unusual for potential employers to ask for ppsn number.

I'm not sure, I know the central bank of ireland are hiring not just if they include the uk as well as dublin can't remember but think they are not certain. Think the deadline is the same or is it??

doovdela wrote: »
    Really didn't know that thought it just be for dublin.

Not unusual for potential employers to ask for ppsn number.

I'm not sure, I know the central bank of ireland are hiring not just if they include the uk as well as dublin can't remember but think they are not certain. Think the deadline is the same or is it??

Yea some of the jobs are for london.

My mate was sent an email to do the aptitude test online, about 49 questions in total and the time allocated was 12min.

Another mate of mine got an email to conform how many leaving cert points he got.

Can anyone shed light on the aptitude test, as I have to do one tomorrow.

And it does seem that few applied for this tear programme or if they did they are not commenting on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Buchiach

I also have to do the test today so Im guessing it will be the Standard Numerical and verbal test, it might be different than the one done in March because looking at the links in the email it looks like a different company are providing the tests.
    I applied for the Programme in March of this year also but it looks like they have changed the format slightly. I dont remember the behavioural qustionnaire being on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

I did the aptitude a while ago, I put down group finance and one of the last options but surprised I got it as my accounting isn't great. I'm doing a major in finance( Capital markets )

I couldn't finish the Numerical reasoning, I found it difficult as I did accounting in 1st year and its now 2 years since I done it so wasn't pleased with it.

Verbal reasoning was okay, I managed to 24 -29 or so of 49.

This was my 1st aptitude test so at least I'm glad that I had the chance to do one.

I also get the impression that a few applied, maybe they are on the accountancy forum.

Good luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Have done the behavioral and verbal reasoning already. Going to do the numerical later.

The verbal was intense. Managed to get about 29-32 done. Hopefully got most of them right.

Any tips for the numerical reasoning??

I found mine difficult, any idea when we hear back from BOI.

I'd also love to know how many applied so I can work out the prob. of getting to the interview stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

I also applied this year with HR as first preference. Found the appitude tests difficult enough :-/
    Anyone heard anything back yet? Last I got was that there would be further contact in the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 pmatty86

Flunch wrote: »
    I also applied this year with HR as first preference. Found the appitude tests difficult enough :-/
    Anyone heard anything back yet? Last I got was that there would be further contact in the new year

Got the same email saying we'll hear back in early January I'd assume that means this week!

Advertisement