Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Odelay wrote: »
    Well maybe they should be looking at one litres?

Are the Kona’s not 1.6 diesel? Better part of 140bhp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    Are the Kona’s not 1.6 diesel? Better part of 140bhp?

I think the auto 1.6 is 136ps and the manual is 115ps. About 10 secs 0-60

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Odelay wrote: »
    Well maybe they should be looking at one litres?

Micra fleet, not impressed with the kona personally, it’s definitely not a patrol car, it’s quick through sharp turns In a housing estate but on the mains roads its like as if gets to certain speed and runs out of puff

Tucson’s looking well, the high vis line at the start looks like eyeliner over the wheel arch lol.

Nice looking cars

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

Would they fit the CBD1 cert? I know traffic Tucson’s are cbd2/official driver and a day course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    Would they fit the CBD1 cert? I know traffic Tucson’s are cbd2/official driver and a day course

Yeah, They're 1.7 FWD. Traffic are 2.0 AWD

Yeah, They're 1.7 FWD. Traffic are 2.0 AWD

Similar dynamics to i40 I imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

With the height now will that not cause issues for cornering?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Aaron1416 wrote: »

Don’t think so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

POGAN wrote: »
    Don’t think so

Don't think they're CBD1 covered? They are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 DAVE1972

hows things , i was getting my car serviced today and one of the lads told me that he was talking to a lad from europa rent a car and he said that the gaurds have bought all the unmarked rent a cars jeeps vans people carriers etc off them so they will be staying in the garda fleet , great deal as tourism business has collapsed and it suits both sides by all accounts

DAVE1972 wrote: »
    hows things , i was getting my car serviced today and one of the lads told me that he was talking to a lad from europa rent a car and he said that the gaurds have bought all the unmarked rent a cars jeeps vans people carriers etc off them so they will be staying in the garda fleet , great deal as tourism business has collapsed and it suits both sides by all accounts

I think that was done nearly two weeks ago, mainly due to the fact the regular was using them for standard patrol a cars, red Picasso in the K is getting an awful life can’t see them being returned with repairs etc

I think that was done nearly two weeks ago, mainly due to the fact the regular was using them for standard patrol a cars, red Picasso in the K is getting an awful life can’t see them being returned with repairs etc

2 large mercedes vans in cork (meals on wheels) cant see these being kept unless retrofitted , seen a picasso and few small berlingos , a lovely skoda kodaq in killarney but mainly all the stuff in rural cork where the car shortages were , cork still has 3 x 12d focus estates on the go , all in pretty good condition and an few 07 u/m focus

2 large mercedes vans in cork (meals on wheels) cant see these being kept unless retrofitted , seen a picasso and few small berlingos , a lovely skoda kodaq in killarney but mainly all the stuff in rural cork where the car shortages were , cork still has 3 x 12d focus estates on the go , all in pretty good condition and an few 07 u/m focus

Yeah some are worth keeping hopefully, those merc vans are great, TSG use them in the UK LWB models

Yeah some are worth keeping hopefully, those merc vans are great, TSG use them in the UK LWB models

a mate of mine in gurranabraher Hq northside was very impressed with merc van , handling manoeuverability and speed exceptional . rolls royce of the van world , people carriers i think jury is out , ford galaxys were a transit connect with back seats , they were never re purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

Spotted a 201 reg dark colour unmarked Tucson in Co Galway today. He had a car pulled over so blues on. Nice looking car, well lit up, but wouldn’t be easy spot on the road otherwise.

Great idea! CBD1 can drive them makes sense

ratracer wrote: »
    Spotted a 201 reg dark colour unmarked Tucson in Co Galway today. He had a car pulled over so blues on. Nice looking car, well lit up, but wouldn’t be easy spot on the road otherwise.

Few them around to be honest lot it chiefs got them

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mpc

A lot of the rented fleet are back in Europcar's compound in Dublin Airport since last week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Presume some of the current 201 i30s will still be on the road in 2028.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Presume some of the current 201 i30s will still be on the road in 2028.

i40s? Didn't see and i30s new

i40s? Didn't see and i30s new

Think i40s meant i30 coming November

Think i40s meant i30 coming November

They are like a rash that just won’t go...

None of the leased fleet is going back from were I am, we’ve a caddy van a grey Picasso and Peugeot 2008

Anyone see the marked saloon i40s around

Anyone see the marked saloon i40s around

Funny enough I seen a customs saloon today i couldn’t a photo of it...have yet to see a patrol car saloon version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

justshane wrote: »
    The saloon rather than the estate? I only saw one which is 201 and just delivered to the district last week. Told it was one of the first in the country.

Maybe still just the one?

Maybe still just the one?

Which district? Or division if you don’t want to be specific lol, I haven’t seen any around the DMR in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

The unmarked saloon i40's look great, very sleek and stylish.
    I've not seen any Kona's yet but have seen countless privately owned ones, never knew they were so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Which district? Or division if you don’t want to be specific lol, I haven’t seen any around the DMR in anyway

No not DMR but would often be DMR for different reasons, MH. I think it looks slick. Stopped once By another member who couldnt believe what he was seeing:)

• Advertisement

No not DMR but would often be DMR for different reasons, MH. I think it looks slick. Stopped once By another member who couldnt believe what he was seeing:)

Oh ok is it regs or RPU?

Advertisement