Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

justshane wrote: »
    Maybe still just the one?

Ashbourne? There is a few limited run

Oh ok is it regs or RPU?

Regular

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Kooga that's presidential or Leo's ex... They would be Garda driven too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Kooga that's presidential or Leo's ex... They would be Garda driven too.
    Parked outside the Rcyc yacht club! I had to squeeze my golf in alongside it. There’s an insurance disc and road tax cert on the window . Had a walk around the club no leo or president

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

kooga wrote: »
    Parked outside the Rcyc yacht club! I had to squeeze my golf in alongside it. There’s an insurance disc and road tax cert on the window . Had a walk around the club no leo or president

Ins cert probably says 'State Claims Unit' and tax will have 'Exempt' on it...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 mpc

British Ambassador has a 7 Series. Could that be it?

mpc wrote: »
    I think there would of been a lot of security detail if it was his car down in cork - plus would he not have CD plates

I think there would of been a lot of security detail if it was his car down in cork - plus would he not have CD plates

I'm not sure about the CD plates, can't recall if the car had them last time I saw it. It could well have the CD removed to be more discrete.

Whenever I've seen the Ambassador it's a low key security detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Perhaps it is the famous vehicle and driver that our Minister for Foreign Affairs managed to hang onto recently.
    He is a member of RCYC so perhaps that clears it up.

kub wrote: »
    Perhaps it is the famous vehicle and driver that our Minister for Foreign Affairs managed to hang onto recently.

I thought that but he was on prime time last night at the same time / not sure was he in the studio though!

• Advertisement

mpc wrote: »
    Last I saw he had a Discovery...

kub wrote: »
    Coveney gets VERY pi**ed off when you hold him up on the road... 😎

Capri wrote: »
    Last I saw he had a Discovery...

Yeah he has the Disco and a 7 Series

New regular battenburg looks well on these. More due in next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

looks well, we have the unmarked, they can move...reminds of the swedish Polis battenburg..nevertheless they look well, hopefully more to follow.

looks well, we have the unmarked, they can move...reminds of the swedish Polis battenburg..nevertheless they look well, hopefully more to follow.

Uk are putting black on the bonnets..... We are so far behind in the times.... They had these bonnets over 10 years now.

Do you believe these 180ps are up to the job, well more so then much before.

What are they like cornering if needed to be done at speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Uk are putting black on the bonnets..... We are so far behind in the times.... They had these bonnets over 10 years now.

Do you believe these 180ps are up to the job, well more so then much before.

What are they like cornering if needed to be done at speed?

The reason behind the black bonnets is that the black section nearest the screen is to prevent glare from the dash mounted blue lights. The lights are on the dash in these cars because procurement in the uk believe it’s more visible to road user’s.

They trailed them on the x5s in 2017 and took them after a week of tests.

Irish marked partol cars don’t use dash masters so this wouldn’t be needed in our cars.

The blue light is mounted high on the front screen in the marked cars.

At least in the cars I’ve seen.

Although in saying that, having the entire high vis isn’t the best idea either I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I'm after seeing loads of Konas around today, between north and South Dublin.

Spoke to two guards in a petrol station in coolock today in one, asked what they thought, the driver's facial expression said it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I notice the lighting on the later models i40's are a lot better than previous models. Looks a hell of a lot better when trying to warn oncoming traffic.

I notice the lighting on the later models i40's are a lot better than previous models. Looks a hell of a lot better when trying to warn oncoming traffic.

The 2015 traffic unit in Newtown with the red/blue rear window combo is shocking bad....

You would hardly even see them especially in daylight but obviously a huge improvement to the ones in the indicator housing.
    I see they changed the fit out slightly on some 2018 and all 2019 so you can actually see the blues on from behind and not at a 45° angle from the side....

Such poor lighting and covert doesn't cut it as an excuse which I got from the engineer as I complained about Garda and public safety numerous times, I actually was surprised when he actually replied though.

Light could easily be fitted in lights properly or even in the rear head rests with a light tint.

Sure remember seeing a 2001 or 2002 rathfarnham Corsa with them in them, looked the job too.

• Advertisement

The 2015 traffic unit in Newtown with the red/blue rear window combo is shocking bad....

You would hardly even see them especially in daylight but obviously a huge improvement to the ones in the indicator housing.
    I see they changed the fit out slightly on some 2018 and all 2019 so you can actually see the blues on from behind and not at a 45° angle from the side....

Such poor lighting and covert doesn't cut it as an excuse which I got from the engineer as I complained about Garda and public safety numerous times, I actually was surprised when he actually replied though.

Light could easily be fitted in lights properly or even in the rear head rests with a light tint.

Sure remember seeing a 2001 or 2002 rathfarnham Corsa with them in them, looked the job too.

I was in Shanghai in 2009, and the police Passat V6s had super bright LEDs even back then. Saw a bike on the opposite side of the M50 yesterday, not RPU, and the lights were almost invisible and tiny. Reminded me of the old CX500 blue lights pointing to the sky instead of straight in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Seen Ballyfermots Unmarked black Tucson doing a few bits yesterday, seen it twice with cars pulled over. Looks well tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Borgo wrote: »
    Seen Ballyfermots Unmarked black Tucson doing a few bits yesterday, seen it twice with cars pulled over. Looks well tbf.

I haven't noticed it yet, must be very discreet.

All the hard little boys..... Such is life, scum breed more scum and in turn cost the rest of us a fortune to house, feed and give them a fairly comfortable life.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

carzony wrote: »
    I haven't noticed it yet, must be very discreet.

Yeah I was suprised when I seen it the first time with a car pulled over on Ballyfermot Road then a while later heading back into the station. Must have only got it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

All the hard little boys..... Such is life, scum breed more scum and in turn cost the rest of us a fortune to house, feed and give them a fairly comfortable life.

it's common in every part of Ireland now unfortunately. It's the poor dog in the vid i feel sorry for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

POGAN wrote: »

Link isn't working, but I presume it was this?

I love when they record these scenarios and expect everyone to be on their side :D I'm guessing it was removed from Facebook when the comments weren't too favourable towards the residents..

Reminds me of this gem:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Capri wrote: »
    US Bike cops have more powerful strobes than unmarked i40s here

https://youtu.be/83cY2smMd3Y

I know a few guys that would take one of these over a Kona!!! 😝😝

Advertisement