Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

kooga wrote: »
    I think there would of been a lot of security detail if it was his car down in cork - plus would he not have CD plates

case solved - car is parked outside the Fire Station this morning in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I know a few guys that would take one of these over a Kona!!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Such a let down I thought it was going to be an actual motorcycle.... Kitted out

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

I know a few guys that would take one of these over a Kona!!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

In a news message today, it stated Kona were a one off addition! And the new Tucson’s look very good marked up,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    In a news message today, it stated Kona were a one off addition! And the new Tucson’s look very good marked up,

Spotted a Tuscon today with the static blue light on and in fairness it did look very good especially with all the battenburg on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Spotted a Tuscon today with the static blue light on and in fairness it did look very good especially with all the battenburg on it as well.

They are higher spec and really nice tbh!

New bikes coming replacing Hondas

• Advertisement

POGAN wrote: »
    They are higher spec and really nice tbh!

New bikes coming replacing Hondas

Which honda is left?
    Haven't seen any in years.
    The pans were the main choice till the new model have the death wobble so they were dumped.
    The UK police binned them too. Too dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

BMW 750 GS A bunch of them have been delivered, but I've not seen any out and about. The bike has a de-tuned 850cc engine, so I'd say driving courses are an issue, because the standard biker is limited to 700cc. They're also chain driven, so need more maintenance.

BaronVon wrote: »
    BMW 750 GS A bunch of them have been delivered, but I've not seen any out and about. The bike has a de-tuned 850cc engine, so I'd say driving courses are an issue, because the standard biker is limited to 700cc. They're also chain driven, so need more maintenance.

Yes them 10 in depot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

Nice looking bike that BMW in Tipp. Is that going to be the replacement for the DullVilles or is it just in trial?

ratracer wrote: »
    Nice looking bike that BMW in Tipp. Is that going to be the replacement for the DullVilles or is it just in trial?

Replacement

• Advertisement

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058099685

Wait till you see a load of LWB Pajeros making an appearence! :D:D

For those of your serving, was there any cars that were small in numbers but loved? The Renault Laguna or the Saab 93?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

For those of your serving, was there any cars that were small in numbers but loved? The Renault Laguna or the Saab 93?

I'm gone a long time now, but the only car I recall as being universally loved wasn't bought in small numbers. It was the 07/08 Mondeo. That thing had loads of power and just didn't let go of the road.

I was in a mondeo one night going to an RTC on the M8 and at times the needle was hitting 200+ (I wasn't the driver), apart from the road noise and speed of the scenery going past you wouldn't have realised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

I am not sure how many were out on the fleet I know it was a low amount but the Camry was the best rare model. One of the lads I was in the college with loved the Silver unmarked Volvo, he was driving it when it was wrote off in City centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DAVE1972

not a member but i do remember unmarked Alfa 156 2.5v6 black in fermoy traffic circa 99D , they were quite rare , also i do
    remember an opel ascona marked around the 80s , very scarce also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I am not sure how many were out on the fleet I know it was a low amount but the Camry was the best rare model. One of the lads I was in the college with loved the Silver unmarked Volvo, he was driving it when it was wrote off in City centre.

Yeah, the Camry was a nice comfortable car, with a bit of straight line poke!

BaronVon wrote: »
    Yeah, the Camry was a nice comfortable car, with a bit of straight line poke!

Yeah, I reckon that’s why it stayed mainly on M50 and Ashbourne/finglas road, going through dunsink at speed was very fun/frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

DAVE1972 wrote: »
    not a member but i do remember unmarked Alfa 156 2.5v6 black in fermoy traffic circa 99D , they were quite rare , also i do

There's a blast from the past the Alfa 156 - also i remember Traffic on the mallow - cork road having the 2.2 litre camry 99 reg and a navy megane saloon.

Remember seeing a 95 Jap import Celica been used....

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Ronanstown had a wine coloured unmarked Citroen Xsara. Mid 2000s it was used.

• Advertisement

Borgo wrote: »
    Ronanstown had a wine coloured unmarked Citroen Xsara. Mid 2000s it was used.

Think i would prefer the Hyundai Kona!!! :D:D:D:D

DAVE1972 wrote: »

Love that Alfa... it crash on the n20

kooga wrote: »
    There's a blast from the past the Alfa 156 - also i remember Traffic on the mallow - cork road having the 2.2 litre camry 99 reg and a navy megane saloon.

Mallows rpu would love that not with the current ....

Think i would prefer the Hyundai Kona!!! :D:D:D:D

I hear compol units are loving there new cars... getting new konas 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

There was an unmarked Ford Scorpio 2.9L going around Crumlin in the early noughties.

I hear compol units are loving there new cars... getting new konas 😂

That’s compol in a nutshell lol

That’s compol in a nutshell lol

Oh they smell new and shiny.... Wait till they see a corner or anyone ove 5foot needs to fit in the back....

Madness fitting white on the rear biko, sirens louder then hear so thats a plus.... Pun intended.... Hear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Was the 2007 - 2008 Fiestas not seen as a decent yoke? I think they had a bit of poke too?

• Advertisement

I hear compol units are loving there new cars... getting new konas ��

Did Compol not use the Toyota Yaris? So I assume this would be a step up?

Advertisement