Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Radio Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Radio 4, when I can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Long time listener

Just got the app today ,brilliant app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Wouldn't know music well enough to be on Counterpoint. It's good fun, though.

and RBQ and BoB!

Great quizzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Radio 1 vintage this Saturday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059cwkn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Radio 4 Friday Night Comedy. The New Quiz especially.
    Last week's opening was particularly good AFAIR. Jeremy Hardy on top form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BBC radio 1 vintage starts at 6am this morning. At 6:55am tony Blackburn will recreate his first breakfast show in full this morning. Wonderful radio.

Listening all morning to it, absolutely superb stuff. Must have been great back in 67 when this started. Shows how deprived we are here with rtes offering.

Three BBC male radio presenters have "agreed"(I say agreed in brackets because it seems not all three of the six were happy with it). Jeremy vine of BBC radio 2, Nicky Campbell of BBC radio 5 live breakfast, and John humpries of BBC radio 4 will be taking put cuts.

I see that Emma Barnett is going on maternity leave from her BBC Radio 5 live show and I've seen Anna Foster is going to be filling in for her. Is that Anna Foster from drive ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭squiredanaher

Up all night bbc 5Live rhod sharp /dotton
    R4
    Quite good.

I was looking at the numbers for the radio 1 breakfast show which it's fair to say is the flagship show of radio 1 and the BBC radio operation as whole. I see that late last year that the listenership under nick grimshaw(who I'm sure is a nice guy) have fallen to their lowest numbers since official recording in 1992 and unofficially the lowest ever.

Personally I've never taken to the current presenter compared to Christopher moyles who I loved. He was like ray foley so it's clear why I liked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've starting listening to BBC radio 2 due to IMO Irish radio having gotten worse.

The BBC radio app that is now available in Ireland helps a lot.

My question is what BBC radio station do other members of the radio forum listen ?

I've really liked Sara cox covering for Chris evans this week on breakfast. She has a very cheerful demenor at 6am in the morning.

And I listened to Chris moyles when he was of that parish. Grimmy not so much.

Scott mills is very good also.
    BBC radio foyle

In order to give nick grimshaw a far shor I relistened to his show from Friday in full. Jesus he doesn't half name drop. I mean fair enough as a BBC radio 1 DJ you probably know famous people but I'd prefer to not hear that.

The BBC radio 2 breakfast show is superbly better than it's radio 1 rival. Sara cox is a joy to listen to and I only listen to bbc radio 2 in the mornings when covers for Chris Evans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sometimes I tune into BBC4's Today on the way home from night shift.
    Quality show.

What I especially like about BBC radio is the lack of adverts you get on Irish radio.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sometimes I tune into BBC4's Today on the way home from night shift.
    Quality show.

What I especially like about BBC radio is the lack of adverts you get on Irish radio.

BBC radio 4 is what rte radio 1 should be. Yeah the no ads on the bbc showed me how many there are on rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I see that Emma Barnett is going on maternity leave from her BBC Radio 5 live show and I've seen Anna Foster is going to be filling in for her. Is that Anna Foster from drive ?

It is the same Anna foster does drive on BBC Radio 5 Live.

Sarah Brett who hosts the afteronn show would take over and Nihal be doing it solo.

that is next monday don't know about the rest of week

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Love BBC radio, it's in a class of its own. The quality of interviews, variety of shows & interviewers actually listen to their guest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Birdsong wrote:
    Love BBC radio, it's in a class of its own. The quality of interviews, variety of shows & interviewers actually listen to their guest

Radio 4 is the best english language talk radio station on earth, I love NPR stations but R4 is unbeatable. I also love BBC 6 Music especially Lauren Laverne's​ show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Radio 4 has new Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy next Thursday at 6.30pm, based on original scripts from Douglas Adams and newer plotlines from Eoin Colfer's book commissioned by Adams in 2001

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/feb/27/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-bbc-radio-4

• Advertisement

That book doesn't exist

Listened to twenty minutes of today on radio 4 this morning. Sweet jaysus it's good stuff and also caught fifteen minutes of the world at one on the same channel. It's just so polished and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bbc6Music for me when I can. Lauren LaVern and Radcliffe and Maconi when in work. Marc Riley/Gideon Coe in the evening when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Listened to twenty minutes of today on radio 4 this morning. Sweet jaysus it's good stuff and also caught fifteen minutes of the world at one on the same channel. It's just so polished and well done.

Listen to BBC 4 every morning before work, then Pat Kenny in work and some BBC 6 Music on way home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Didn't realise Moira Stuart has a slot on Radio 2, caught the end of it last night. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b19cyc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

BBC Radio 2 has a new line up from next monday.

midnight to 3am OJ Borg
    Jo Whiley and Simon Mayo 5pm to 8pm
    Cerys Matthews Blues Show 8pm to 9pm

jazz be on at 8pm to 9pm on tuseday

all requested be on fridays will say the same time

Sara Cox be on monday tth thursday 10pm to midnight

Garry Davis takes over sounds of 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Mr Snow wrote: »
    BBC Radio 2 has a new line up from next monday.

midnight to 3am OJ Borg
    Jo Whiley and Simon Mayo 5pm to 8pm
    Cerys Matthews Blues Show 8pm to 9pm

jazz be on at 8pm to 9pm on tuseday

all requested be on fridays will say the same time

Sara Cox be on monday tth thursday 10pm to midnight

Garry Davis takes over sounds of 80s

I'm not sure about the fact that Jo Whiley is sharing the drivetime show with Simon Mayo. That was a programme that seemed to be working perfectly well as it was. The changes are part of a drive by Radio 2 to add more female voices
    and that must be the compromise...to add a female voice to the most popular programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

anyone listening in to the mayo and whiley show?

anyone listening in to the mayo and whiley show?

not yet, but it sounds very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Relive your teenage years from the mid to late 1970s, with Pick of the Pops, saturdays, R2 1pm. The music you would have listened to on pirate radio and watching TOTP

Advertisement