Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 diaduit73

I really wanted the free Eir & BT sports but don't qualify. I have Sky and eir broadband but unfortunately the offer is only available to people with an eir residental account. My parents run the family farm from the house phone and have a business account. I'll have to do with Sky Sports on its own. Will we get the broadband price increase too though?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Paully D wrote: »
    We had Sky TV years and years ago but got rid. Since then, we have had the freeview service via our old Sky box in which we can view the likes of BBC, ITV, Channel 4, E4, a selection of music channels, Sky News, CBBC etc etc.

Can anyone confirm that it's possible to avail of the Eir Sports offer with just this system (being an Eir broadband customer too of course)?

As long as you have a Sky viewing card as well. And I presume it must be an Irish viewing card (I have a UK card in my old Sky+ box to get the UK EPG).

And must it be one of the current generation viewing card as well? Has anyone tried it with an older generation card?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Doesnt work on iphone app for me but does work on mac

Anyone else get it working on iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The offer as it stands is that if:

- You are an eir customer with eir TV you will get eir Sports and BT free
    - If you have eir broadband and Sky TV you can get eir Sports and BT free by registering your Sky viewing card on the eir Sports site
    - As you are an eir broadband customer you can probably get them via the eir Sports app or website, but NOT on UPC/Virgin TV without paying for it

That's my understanding of things anyway.. I fall into the 2nd category above and since they resolved the website issues earlier can now view them all on my Sky box :)

I'm an eir broadband and sky tv customer and when I try and sign up it asks me to accept their terms and conditions, which I think include a 12 month extension to your contract. Just something to check out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

wilser wrote: »
    I'm an eir broadband and sky tv customer and when I try and sign up it asks me to accept their terms and conditions, which I think include a 12 month extension to your contract. Just something to check out

Sneaky buggars!!!!!! I wouldn't put it past them......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,722 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

wilser wrote: »
    Masala wrote: »
    Sneaky buggars!!!!!! I wouldn't put it past them......

Well according to my My Eir page my contract start date is still April last year.

I'm not pushed either way though. Virgin isn't available in my area anyway and I was never that impressed when I did have it a few years back. To be fair to eir, the fibre service itself has been rock solid - where they let themselves down is in the support department .

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpbdrogheda

jaycos11 wrote: »
    Dont mind if I ask how you registered your viewing card number on the website?

Doesnt seem to be working on Chrome or Firefox.

i registered using Safari on Mac. Worked first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

i registered using Safari on Mac. Worked first time.

When I did a test run of this it was showing up as a 225 charge? Anyone got a screenshot of the appropriate page. Want to set it up in my sisters place (eir Bb and sky tv) but don't want them to be hot with 225 annual charge by mistake.

When I did a test run of this it was showing up as a 225 charge? Anyone got a screenshot of the appropriate page. Want to set it up in my sisters place (eir Bb and sky tv) but don't want them to be hot with 225 annual charge by mistake.

Try going here: https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

Should ask you to sign in with your My Eir details. From there just enter your phone number and Sky Viewing Card number and confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

Im Currently a Sky customer and i pay a subscription to Setanta Sports for the sports package. I have nothing to do with Eir what so ever.

Is my Setanta subscription now with Eir? I have yet to get any correspondence from them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

conroym7 wrote: »
    Is my Setanta subscription now with Eir? I have yet to get any correspondence from them.

Yes, Eir now owns Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Just be aware that that setanta number is a premium call line and depending on how long you are on it can cost a few Bob.....

Setanta Television
    0818203040 Call Instead – 02830824020
    0818203041 Call Instead – 04830824020

from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Will this work for any Sky viewing card even if the Eir BB subscription is at another address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

How did you set that up? Dying to try it out!
    Mickalus wrote: »
    Yep, I have it up and running.
    No longer pay Sky, but still have the box. Getting all the Eir/BT sports now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have an Android box (MXIII) and when I sign in it says that they failed to generate a DRM license for the app. Is this because of a dodgy version of Android or is it something that should be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

I have the same issue on an mk808b stick. It appear that the problem is Eir uses silverlight instead of html5. Im looking for a fix t the moment, checked with Eir technical support, they have no solution, and cant find an app or plugin that will work

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Will this work for any Sky viewing card even if the Eir BB subscription is at another address?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

just got off the line with eir tech support. They say that its an issue the will be trying to fix in the near future, but for now, tablets and laptops. actually, anybody know a way to cast the screen from an iPad to the android box??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if this has been asked, but will the Eir account and Sky account need to be in the one persons name? Our Eir is in my partners name and Sky in my name. Will that be a problem? Still awaiting a letter so I haven't had a chance to read over any small print, is the extra charge talked about in this thread the only charge? No other price increases hidden in the small print?

percy212 wrote: »
    How did you set that up? Dying to try it out!

Go to the link I pasted above

Login with your My Eir details

Enter the viewing card number

Result :) Although without an active Sky sub you won't be able to pause/record etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Quite glad I picked up one of those PC on a stick recently. It has full Windows 10 and with a HDMI out port, is designed to be plugged straight in to a TV. I use Internet Explorer NOT Edge which is compatible with Silverlight and therefore works flawlessly with both Sky Go and Setanta/eir Go.

Using a PC gets around all of the app restrictions of tablets/android boxes etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015Q2A3NA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 although I got it for £50 back at the start of May...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Wonder will they have any 12 month sale this year ? like setanta had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Just wondering does it work on a second box if you have multi-room? I added my main viewing card and it worked but not sure if its possible to add a second card on the same account?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

Hi i have a Sky box that i brought back from england i dont subscribe to sky.i have eir phone and broadband will i be able to pick up eir sports as my sky card is a uk one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

markc1184 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked, but will the Eir account and Sky account need to be in the one persons name? Our Eir is in my partners name and Sky in my name. Will that be a problem? Still awaiting a letter so I haven't had a chance to read over any small print, is the extra charge talked about in this thread the only charge? No other price increases hidden in the small print?

No it will be fine my broadband is in a different name than my sky

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hi i have a Sky box that i brought back from england i dont subscribe to sky.i have eir phone and broadband will i be able to pick up eir sports as my sky card is a uk one thanks.

No one has reported trying this yet so only one way to find out!

Bear in mind though that the two Eir Sports channels aren't on the UK EPG so even if it did work, you'd have to add them manually to the 'Other Channels' menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

max life wrote: »
    Just wondering does it work on a second box if you have multi-room? I added my main viewing card and it worked but not sure if its possible to add a second card on the same account?

I did this. It gave the option to put in more card numbers when I was putting in the card number. I have it on the 2 boxes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

ccazza wrote: »
    I did this. It gave the option to put in more card numbers when I was putting in the card number. I have it on the 2 boxes now.

Any chance they'll charge an additional sub per box? I see they allow you to enter 5 viewing cards on the website - may aswell add a few friends if that's the case - no disadvantage

Im sure this have been mentioned somewhere in the thread but are we entering into a new 12month contract by signing up to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Calvatron

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Might as well use the sports service until this letter comes to my door. Downloaded the Eir Sports App. Streaming it through my android box. Looks good.

Sorry to bother you. Trying to get the app working on my android box & it won't register. Running 5.1 & it's not rooted. For some reason it won't let me. Just wondering if you came across any issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Im sure this have been mentioned somewhere in the thread but are we entering into a new 12month contract by signing up to this ?

In the T's and C's when adding a viewing card number:
    Minimum Term: the minimum term during which you are obligated to first subscribe to the Service under this Contract according to the Option chosen by you or where you are an eir Customer the minimum term of your eir bundle or as otherwise directed by eir.

(i) 12 Month Minimum Term Contracts: the minimum term shall be a period of twelve (12) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service.

(ii) Annual Packages: the minimum term shall be a period of twelve (12) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service.

(iii) Monthly Packages: the minimum term shall be a period of two (2) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service

Got my letter in the post today. 7 euro increase in my package (which is currently 55 for 100 MB eFibre + off peak calls)
    It also states "The end date of the minimum period of you eir contract(s) will stay the same.

So not sure if there's a 12 month extension or not.

Advertisement