Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

conroym7 wrote: »
    Is my Setanta subscription now with Eir? I have yet to get any correspondence from them.

Yes, Eir now owns Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Just be aware that that setanta number is a premium call line and depending on how long you are on it can cost a few Bob.....

Setanta Television
    0818203040 Call Instead – 02830824020
    0818203041 Call Instead – 04830824020

from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Will this work for any Sky viewing card even if the Eir BB subscription is at another address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

How did you set that up? Dying to try it out!
    Mickalus wrote: »
    Yep, I have it up and running.
    No longer pay Sky, but still have the box. Getting all the Eir/BT sports now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,356 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have an Android box (MXIII) and when I sign in it says that they failed to generate a DRM license for the app. Is this because of a dodgy version of Android or is it something that should be working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭cletus

I have the same issue on an mk808b stick. It appear that the problem is Eir uses silverlight instead of html5. Im looking for a fix t the moment, checked with Eir technical support, they have no solution, and cant find an app or plugin that will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Will this work for any Sky viewing card even if the Eir BB subscription is at another address?

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭cletus

just got off the line with eir tech support. They say that its an issue the will be trying to fix in the near future, but for now, tablets and laptops. actually, anybody know a way to cast the screen from an iPad to the android box??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if this has been asked, but will the Eir account and Sky account need to be in the one persons name? Our Eir is in my partners name and Sky in my name. Will that be a problem? Still awaiting a letter so I haven't had a chance to read over any small print, is the extra charge talked about in this thread the only charge? No other price increases hidden in the small print?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

percy212 wrote: »
    How did you set that up? Dying to try it out!

Go to the link I pasted above

Login with your My Eir details

Enter the viewing card number

Result :) Although without an active Sky sub you won't be able to pause/record etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Quite glad I picked up one of those PC on a stick recently. It has full Windows 10 and with a HDMI out port, is designed to be plugged straight in to a TV. I use Internet Explorer NOT Edge which is compatible with Silverlight and therefore works flawlessly with both Sky Go and Setanta/eir Go.

Using a PC gets around all of the app restrictions of tablets/android boxes etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015Q2A3NA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 although I got it for £50 back at the start of May...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Wonder will they have any 12 month sale this year ? like setanta had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Just wondering does it work on a second box if you have multi-room? I added my main viewing card and it worked but not sure if its possible to add a second card on the same account?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

Hi i have a Sky box that i brought back from england i dont subscribe to sky.i have eir phone and broadband will i be able to pick up eir sports as my sky card is a uk one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

markc1184 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked, but will the Eir account and Sky account need to be in the one persons name? Our Eir is in my partners name and Sky in my name. Will that be a problem? Still awaiting a letter so I haven't had a chance to read over any small print, is the extra charge talked about in this thread the only charge? No other price increases hidden in the small print?

No it will be fine my broadband is in a different name than my sky

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hi i have a Sky box that i brought back from england i dont subscribe to sky.i have eir phone and broadband will i be able to pick up eir sports as my sky card is a uk one thanks.

No one has reported trying this yet so only one way to find out!

Bear in mind though that the two Eir Sports channels aren't on the UK EPG so even if it did work, you'd have to add them manually to the 'Other Channels' menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

max life wrote: »
    Just wondering does it work on a second box if you have multi-room? I added my main viewing card and it worked but not sure if its possible to add a second card on the same account?

I did this. It gave the option to put in more card numbers when I was putting in the card number. I have it on the 2 boxes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

ccazza wrote: »
    I did this. It gave the option to put in more card numbers when I was putting in the card number. I have it on the 2 boxes now.

Any chance they'll charge an additional sub per box? I see they allow you to enter 5 viewing cards on the website - may aswell add a few friends if that's the case - no disadvantage

Im sure this have been mentioned somewhere in the thread but are we entering into a new 12month contract by signing up to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Calvatron

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Might as well use the sports service until this letter comes to my door. Downloaded the Eir Sports App. Streaming it through my android box. Looks good.

Sorry to bother you. Trying to get the app working on my android box & it won't register. Running 5.1 & it's not rooted. For some reason it won't let me. Just wondering if you came across any issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Im sure this have been mentioned somewhere in the thread but are we entering into a new 12month contract by signing up to this ?

In the T's and C's when adding a viewing card number:
    Minimum Term: the minimum term during which you are obligated to first subscribe to the Service under this Contract according to the Option chosen by you or where you are an eir Customer the minimum term of your eir bundle or as otherwise directed by eir.

(i) 12 Month Minimum Term Contracts: the minimum term shall be a period of twelve (12) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service.

(ii) Annual Packages: the minimum term shall be a period of twelve (12) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service.

(iii) Monthly Packages: the minimum term shall be a period of two (2) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service

Got my letter in the post today. 7 euro increase in my package (which is currently 55 for 100 MB eFibre + off peak calls)
    It also states "The end date of the minimum period of you eir contract(s) will stay the same.

So not sure if there's a 12 month extension or not.

ccazza wrote: »

Is there a way to add a second box later? Or just signup again with the same details and the second card?

On the contract point.. Still shows my original start date on My Eir today anyway

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

On the contract point.. Still shows my original start date on My Eir today anyway

Where can you check that? I don't see it when I log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Can anyone with a broadband only package confirm if they have received a letter indicating an increase to their monthly charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Yep I got it, price increasing by 7euro a month which is B.S. Free eir sports my a$$
    The broadband is expensive enough as it is and since the rebrand to eir there has been at least 2 price increases from my understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

ieoin wrote: »
    Yep I got it, price increasing by 7euro a month which is B.S. Free eir sports my a$$
    The broadband is expensive enough as it is and since the rebrand to eir there has been at least 2 price increases from my understanding.

Great, Im hoping my gf gets the same letter so she can escape her contract without having to pay up the balance.

• Advertisement

Mickalus wrote: »
    Where can you check that? I don't see it when I log in.

It's on the main dashboard page when you log in.. see attached screenshot
    terrydel wrote: »
    Can anyone with a broadband only package confirm if they have received a letter indicating an increase to their monthly charge?

Nope.. nothing yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Just off the phone after complaining best i could do was a 5 euro discount per month over 12 months which is pathetic. The discount itself is less than the price increase. There is no ''eir sport etc'' for free. Would anyone recommend any other providers such as Vodafone or sky?
    The reason for the price increase is because of the extra 30 mins to Irish mobiles per month, but we all know that isn't the real reason for the increase

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It's on the main dashboard page when you log in.. see attached screenshot

Cheers,
    Mine just says the name of the bundle and nothing else....

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Just spoke to an Eir agent on their online support:

"Hi Nitish, I've been informed of a price increase to my broadband+phone package. If I link my sky viewing card to avail of the Eir Sports channels, will this enter me into a new contract with Eir?"

"Hi Limpar, the eir sport service is for free for all eir customers even if they want it to view via skytv box. Linking skytv to the eir sports does not enter you into a new contract."

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

terrydel wrote: »

no i didnt receive any letter (yet) my contract (broadband only) is 18 months and began in august of last year.
    i'm dubious about all ths "free" TV they are offereing, thats why i feel once people start linking their TV with their broadnad account, extra charges will be incurred.
    dont trust Eir on this but will happily take free online access to eir sports -
    which is probably the only " free " aspect of this new deal. i honestly dont believe them for a second that Eir sports via TV will be free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Time to leave em €7 increase and blatant B.S saying its free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

ieoin wrote: »

is that for the broadband only?
    What does that bring it to per months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Triboro

Got that letter too...I dont even want eirsport.How can they just add this to my package when i never requested it ?? I don't even have eir tv so how would I view it even if I did want it? Suppose there's a big rigmarole now to cancel with 30 days written notice,wait for courier to pick up modem etc etc...Off to sky I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Transcript of chat I had with eir as well:

Nikil: at 16:25:10
    Sorry (First name), If you have broadband with Eir the Setanta pack is free and their is no contract or hidden charges :)

I am not currently in contract because of issues with the broadband, so I want to make sure that this will remain the same

Nikil: at 16:28:41
    Yes their is no charges or contract, (First name)
    Nikil: at 16:29:05
    The existing contract remains the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Got a letter today, just my standard bill with no new charge or notification of a future increase. That being said I only have broadband with Eir and it looks like anyone with a phone package in addition to broadband with them will face an increase from what I gather from this thread is seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Got a letter today, just my standard bill with no new charge or notification of a future increase. That being said I only have broadband with Eir and it looks like anyone with a phone package in addition to broadband with them will face an increase from what I gather from this thread is seems.

Am happy to drop the hardline phone I have..... now that I think of it I seldom use it. When my letter comes.... I might tell them to cancel the hardline altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Quick one. The auld fella got eircom bb and tv in ~2 months ago. I mentioned it to him on the phone the other night about his new sports channels - he knew nothing about it.

Does he need to do anything to get the channels on the TV box or should they already appear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

theteal wrote: »
    Quick one. The auld fella got eircom bb and tv in ~2 months ago. I mentioned it to him on the phone the other night about his new sports channels - he knew nothing about it.

Does he need to do anything to get the channels on the TV box or should they already appear?

They are there and appear as follows;

ch 106/400 eir1
    ch 406 eir 2
    ch 407 bt sport 1
    chch 408 bt sport 2
    ch 409 bt sport europe
    ch 410 bt sport espn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

prodsc wrote: »
    They are there and appear as follows;

ch 106/400 eir1
    ch 406 eir 2
    ch 407 bt sport 1
    chch 408 bt sport 2
    ch 409 bt sport europe
    ch 410 bt sport espn

Much obliged. Just shows how much telly they actually watch that nobody in their house actually noticed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

live.eirsport.ie doesnt work for me when im logged int my eir account.
    How do i watch online? - havnt tried the phone app yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,635 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I presume this is only for Eir Fibre and not Eir DSL customers?

I do have sky tv as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Headshot wrote: »
    I presume this is only for Eir Fibre and not Eir DSL customers?

I do have sky tv as well
    Nope, it's for all Broadband customers, DSL included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

bigmike99 wrote: »
    live.eirsport.ie doesnt work for me when im logged int my eir account.
    How do i watch online? - havnt tried the phone app yet.

It only work with Mozilla firefox and you need to download silverlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Masala wrote: »
    Am happy to drop the hardline phone I have..... now that I think of it I seldom use it. When my letter comes.... I might tell them to cancel the hardline altogether.

Is this an option everywhere?

I didn't think I could have broadband without a land line.

Then again I have a monitored alarm, that needs a phone line as far as I recall. Bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,635 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sigh

They are having big issues with their website at the moment.

This happens if you have Eir Broadband and sky tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Is this an option everywhere?

I didn't think I could have broadband without a land line.

Then again I have a monitored alarm, that needs a phone line as far as I recall. Bugger.

Yeah looked into it yesterday I can get Vodafone at €45 for just unlimited broadband, am leaving Eircom, that's B.S marketing spiel,free but your paying €7 extra a month. Eir cant be trusted as a company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I live in the sticks in Donegal, I didn't think I had any option apart from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Yeah looked into it yesterday I can get Vodafone at €45 for just unlimited broadband, am leaving Eircom, that's B.S marketing spiel,free but your paying €7 extra a month. Eir cant be trusted as a company

I thought simply broadband was 40€ from Vodafone if you don't want/use the phone line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

I went ahead with it anyway. My account is still showing as our original 18 month contract expiring in September. From reading the letter am I right in saying the €7 becomes a €5 charge if paid by Direct Debit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

It only work with Mozilla firefox and you need to download silverlight.

thanks i realised it said no chrome on FAQs last night.
    However it didnt work for me on firefox either, or microsoft Edge on win 10 tvbox, or on my android phone!
    Ill try silverlight for firefox now. and ill try opera or firefox on the windows tv box. EDIT: had silverlight, updated, still wont load page on firefox!
    No clue why the app doesnt work on my android though, wont log in.
    it is working on the skybox for me.

Question: Maybe you have to be in the house with the eir broadband?!
    doesnt work "on the go" with app or in another house that isnt using eir broadband?

Advertisement