Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

LG OLED55CX reduced today on Prime by stg£100 to £1299. (€1,434.45 EUR).
    V's
    €1599 currently from most Irish based stores and €1549 currently via Richer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I'm thinking if getting a Fire Tablet for an older person so that they can use Internet.

Which model would be best?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Def_IRL wrote: »
    LG OLED55CX reduced today on Prime by stg£100 to £1299. (€1,434.45 EUR).
    V's
    €1599 currently from most Irish based stores and €1549 currently via Richer
    The extra 100 well worth it for 6 year warranty with richersounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

pc7 wrote: »
    I tried mine and think its set to amazon.com rather than uk as gave me price in dollars? not sure how to change it! I don't need to buy more!
    I had that and got onto alexa support via the app, they changed it

The language needs to be English (UK) then, not US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

I'm thinking if getting a Fire Tablet for an older person so that they can use Internet.

Thanks

10 is bigger but also heavier. Depends on your use case.
    You'll need to add the Google play store to it yourself first to get access to the wider android app universe. The native browser on it is pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

bren2002 wrote: »
    You'll need to add the Google play store to it yourself first to get access to the wider android app universe. The native browser on it is pants.

I think you can get firefox for it, which should be the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

shanec1928 wrote: »
    The extra 100 well worth it for 6 year warranty with richersounds

Plus RS will ship the TV without it being shredded to pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks

i'd probably avoid an amazon tablet. might be some deals on android tablets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Caranica wrote: »
    Yes, gutted at the price drop, I bought mine two days before prime day was announced. Just check if it will fit your space. I needed to get a corner kit and it's sold out in Europe and it was a nightmare. Very decent camera though. I needed to buy the chime too as it won't run off my existing bell.

The V3 version looks a better deal - 119 or 129 for the the 4 second pre roll. It also comes with the corner bracket you mention and you get an Alexa Show 5 included

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭jones

Mickeroo wrote: »

I already have the full set on bluray but i've long been tempted to get the 4k (HP is a big hit in the jones household) but i was never sure how good the transfer would be. It seemed to release with very little fanfair and thought it was just a retransfer as opposed to full fat 4k.

This is a good price though for the whole set (considering i just preordered LOTRs steelbooks for £100)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Can someone recommend which ring doorbell I should buy and do they work with google hub, a quick check on google seems to suggest they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Good reduction on OnePlus 8 Pro. 649gbp compared to 919e on website. Bit the bullet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Picked up a Fire HD8 32GB for £44.99, great deal, will cancel the trial (again) in a months time.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

bren2002 wrote: »
    I think you can get firefox for it, which should be the job.

Thanks lads . I was reading this review of them an do there's a few drawbacks.
    https://ebookfriendly-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/ebookfriendly.com/amazon-fire-tablet-things-to-know/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQCrABIMABAQ%3D%3D#aoh=16025924926859&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Febookfriendly.com%2Famazon-fire-tablet-things-to-know%2F

Should I search for another brand bearing in mind it's just for basic use like supermarket shopping, banking and reading newspaper online due to cocooning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

I want to buy a pair of Merrell hiking shoes. Women's Moab 2 GTX Low Rise Hiking Shoes is listed as a Prime Day Deal at 57.40 but when I click on the link they come up at 91.99. Why does that happen?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Womens-Gore-Tex-Hiking-Beluga/dp/B07D9GTQWK/

bobbyg wrote: »
    This seems like a good deal Philips-Sonicare-DiamondClean-Electric-Toothbrush

Had both (but not a pink one though :) ) and I find the rotary style oral-b much better.
    This Oral-B is only 33 Euros right now.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Electric-Toothbrush-protection-pressure-control/dp/B07SBJLHGM

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I thought the adapter was needed if you want to power it from your TVs USB port rather than plug + socket?

What would such adapter do? I bet you inside it is just bridged cables...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭TetraSonic55

leck wrote: »
    I want to buy a pair of Merrell hiking shoes. Women's Moab 2 GTX Low Rise Hiking Shoes is listed as a Prime Day Deal at 57.40 but when I click on the link they come up at 91.99. Why does that happen?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Womens-Gore-Tex-Hiking-Beluga/dp/B07D9GTQWK/

Seems only select sizes are on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Can someone recommend which ring doorbell I should buy and do they work with google hub, a quick check on google seems to suggest they do.

I have the 2nd generation, currently on offer at £59. Not sure about Google hub as I've Alexa everywhere, show arrived today.

Pros:
    great quality camera
    Simple set up
    Does the job
    Comes with all tools, including a drill bit

Cons
    Battery isn't removable so if you're not wiring it in you'll need to remove it to charge
    Quite wide, you may need a corner or wedge kit. Corner kit not currently available in Europe.
    You will probably also need a chime

Note this is not the ring doorbell 2, it's the 2nd generation, fittings for the 2 won't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

blastman wrote: »
    Just to let people know, the bonus £10 on a £100 top-up is still working, Ordered it about half an hour ago, balance was topped up 20 minutes later
    Is this topup on a giftcard? Did you get an offer by email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

SachaJ wrote: »

I'm a big fan of Nest and have loads of Nest stuff in the house, including the smoke alarm but I have to admit the price of these is crazy. It's just a smoke alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Is everybody else paying a delivey cost on the German site, adding shipping costs for me for almost everything i put into the cart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭VG31

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Is everybody else paying a delivey cost on the German site, adding shipping costs for me for almost everything i put into the cart?

Free Prime delivery is only for Germany and Austria on Amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Nabbed myself a Ring doorbell, along with a chime (no deal for Prime day), a Blink Mini (for £24.99, didn't realise there was a way to get it for £14.99 and it's too late now) as well as a bluetooth speaker for the shower. All in all got about €200 worth of stuff for €150, so can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

dan786 wrote: »

Bought it for £29.99 then spotting a feee 5£ credit for reading a book, clicked into a book , closed it and got 5£. Cancelled the order and bought it again for £24.99

Wheres that offer for the credit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I thought the adapter was needed if you want to power it from your TVs USB port rather than plug + socket?

I have mine plugged into the hdmi port obviously but the usb cable goes into the USB port in the tv too.

So now, when I turn the tv on, the fire stick powers up immediately and comes on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Caranica wrote: »
    I have the 2nd generation, currently on offer at £59. Not sure about Google hub as I've Alexa everywhere, show arrived today.

Pros:
    great quality camera
    Simple set up
    Does the job
    Comes with all tools, including a drill bit

Cons
    Battery isn't removable so if you're not wiring it in you'll need to remove it to charge
    Quite wide, you may need a corner or wedge kit. Corner kit not currently available in Europe.
    You will probably also need a chime

Note this is not the ring doorbell 2, it's the 2nd generation, fittings for the 2 won't work

If I buy a power adapter and run it to the doorbell will this provide constant power to the bell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Why can't I have a firestick delivered to.ireland ? Thanks

Or should I ask how

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

quartz1 wrote: »
    Why can't I have a firestick delivered to.ireland ? Thanks

Or should I ask how

You need to use parcel motel or something similar. They don't supply them to the Irish Market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone have a link to the £10 top up on £100? I can't see it......

Anyone have a link to the £10 top up on £100? I can't see it......

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=UK_Incent_ASV_DP_All_ILM-XGL_PD20?node=21011002031&sa-no-redirect=1

Spent ages looking this up myself - difference seem to minimal - some have more of a fisheye look but the consus seems to be the cheaper V2 is perfect - the V3 adds an easier to charge battery for double the price -
    the V3 pro is a little more and records before the button press -
    the Pro is much much more and is basically just smaller but with no battery and no preroll but with a few more configuration options for motion detect.

Pricing is all very confusing - I would have bought the V2 and hardwired the power cable - but the the bundle of V3 + free echo show 5 for 130 looked like a lot of tech to play with so I went with that....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/all-new-ring-video-doorbell-3-plus-1080p-hd-video-advanced-motion-detection-4-second-previews-and-easy-installation/dp/B08KQYRHYL

Note - just noticed it doesn't come with a bell (ring chime)- not sure if thats needed....

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jafin wrote: »
    Nabbed myself a Ring doorbell, along with a chime (no deal for Prime day), a Blink Mini (for £24.99, didn't realise there was a way to get it for £14.99 and it's too late now) as well as a bluetooth speaker for the shower. All in all got about €200 worth of stuff for €150, so can't complain.
    Get onto Amazon Customer Support about the Blink Mini. They'll give you the tenner back I'd say.

Just ordered it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Anyone here bought this eufy cam 2c before, getting tempted because of the price and would not want to spend more than this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Security-eufyCam-Wireless-Weatherproof-Compatible/dp/B07W4MY7HL

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Basq wrote: »
    Get onto Amazon Customer Support about the Blink Mini. They'll give you the tenner back I'd say.

Just ordered it myself.

Can you order just 1 through Alexa?

.. Blink Mini ...

Just ordered it myself.

hmm - not so sure about this gadget - it just records clips for 10 seconds (max 30 seconds) - and after end of year it will no longer be free and you will have to pay a subs to use it?
    Plus audio is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AugtfZD1dqI&ab_channel=PetervonPanda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PLWQTXWFr4&ab_channel=allthingstech

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    hmm - not so sure about this gadget - it just records clips for 10 seconds (max 30 seconds) - and after end of year it will no longer be free and you will have to pay a subs to use it?
    Plus audio is terrible.
    Keeping an eye on living room / pets is all I need it for.. don’t need to talk to them. I’m not a maniac... OK, sometimes when they’re lonely! :D

Don’t need recordings, but Blink Module is coming soon that’ll allow you to record locally with no sub needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

How did you order the blink mini?, when I tried using Alexa, it added to my basket and showed as 24.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Skerries wrote: »

Absolutely sick I missed this deal.

Are there any similar size/spec monitors that are good deals at the moment?

epopnomis wrote: »
    How did you order the blink mini?, when I tried using Alexa, it added to my basket and showed as 24.99.
    Go through to checkout.. it’ll be reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

angelmum wrote: »
    Anyone here bought this eufy cam 2c before, getting tempted because of the price and would not want to spend more than this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Security-eufyCam-Wireless-Weatherproof-Compatible/dp/B07W4MY7HL

I have about 7 of these setup around the house. Excellent piece of kit and very simple to setup. Wi-Fi range seems to be very good on them. I dont get 6 months out of the battery but probably 3 months where the camera goes off (at the front door). This is a great price.

I had reolink before but find the Eufy slightly better especially when wanting to buffer for a live view shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I'm a big fan of Nest and have loads of Nest stuff in the house, including the smoke alarm but I have to admit the price of these is crazy. It's just a smoke alarm.

I have 9 around the house and I like them. Get notifications to the phone if there's an alert, notifications of self tests, inbuilt night lights etc. Agreed very expensive but I think they are worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

Keeping an eye on living room / pets is all I need it for.. don’t need to talk to them. I’m not a maniac... OK, sometimes when they’re lonely! :D

Don’t need recordings, but Blink Module is coming soon that’ll allow you to record locally with no sub needed.

If I just want live view, to see what's triggered the motion sensor, then I don't have to worry about recordings or subs or any of that do I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Cheers just picked one up

Is a hub needed for these to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I have about 7 of these setup around the house. Excellent piece of kit and very simple to setup. Wi-Fi range seems to be very good on them. I dont get 6 months out of the battery but probably 3 months where the camera goes off (at the front door). This is a great price.

I had reolink before but find the Eufy slightly better especially when wanting to buffer for a live view shot.

Do you have the 2 or the 2C?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Any good deals cordless drills on Amazon Prime Day? Must get one for general home use. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Will the FireStick be on sale again? Looks like its 100pc claimed...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement