Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Hi Cathy,
    I am so sorry you have to deal with such a serious diagnosis and this question of freezing your eggs for future motherhood. It must be overwhelming for you at this time. Sleep on this news for a day or two and try to get as much information as possible. If it becomes a huge dilemma for you, remember that there are also wonderful children to adopt who need us.

I pray for you to have the best advice, as well as a calm heart and mind to make your decisions with. Trust in the wisdom of existence and all that happens in it. Sending you my love and prayers-
    MeditationMom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Absolutely Cathy, you're in my prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

Praying for your healing, peace, and no fear.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

CathyMoran wrote:
    Sorry for posting another prayer request - I have oesophageal cancer, the big dilema that i now face is deciding if I delay treatment and increase my risk of dying by freezing my eggs (I REALLY want to be a mum)- could people please pray for me at this difficult time, I do not know what to do.

You are on my list, keep a brave face, I believe that nothing is impossible.

Weird thing happened last Tuesday. I've had chronic lower back pain for over a year. It meant that I couldn't sit down for long without limping for a while afterwards from the pain. I got off a bus after a 4 hour journey on Tuesday night and I suddenly realised I was walking normally. Nothing messes my back up like the dreaded Dublin-Clonmel bus rides but there I was walking without a limp. My pain was gone. After a year of living with the pain this is big deal! My lower back hasn't bothered me since. I keep touching my toes just to check! I don't know how it got better. All I know is I was in pain and now I'm not. Today I sat through church with no pain.

Thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Please pray for a friend of mine; he's having trouble with his difficult roommate. I'm really worried about him.

Hi NoDayBut2Day- are you as powerless in this situation as it sounds? I am a Mom and know all about powerlessness and worry. Once, though, my oldest son, when I asked him how I could be a better Mom, said: "Nothing really, but just don't worry so much." From then on I worked hard to replace my worries - which were more an emotional habit, than based on things I actually feared - with envisioning my children as having courage, determination and good judgement to face their problems with, as well as wisdom and strength. I doubt this is "emotional habit"-worry on your part, and maybe you need to pull in someone more experience than yourself or your friend, to help in this situation, if it is truly dangerous or worrisome. But if there is absolutely nothing you can do, at least envision strength for your friend. I pray for it all to turn out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Please pray for my Grandad, he is having difficulty getting by. My Gran passed about 10 years ago and he struggles at times, right now things aren't so good as next year is his 90th birthday. I will be paying him a visit when I get home in November. Thanks in advance chums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

I was watching the news last night and it was reported that one woman was killed another injured while crossing at a crosswalk in Southeast Calgary. When you hear it you often wonder if you might know the person.

I just got a call from my 17 year old daughter, the woman killed was the choir director at the high school she attends. Breanna knew this wonderful woman quite well as she is the president of the music council this year.

Breanna is crushed and could use prayer over the next couple of weeks as she grieves and tries to understand the sudden loss.

Also prayer for my wife and I as we need the wisdom to help her try and understand.

Thanks
    Brian

Hi Ruu
    Sorry to hear about your Grandad. Hope all goes well and you will have a wonderful visit with him in November.

• Advertisement

Hi Brian,

Your post reminded me of my Grandmother who died 18 years ago, also standing on a crosswalk, waiting for the light to turn green. She was hit by a car speeding around the corner and died instantly. The driver was an 18-year-old boy, who had just gotten his licence and simply had misjudged the speed and corner "physics", practicing his new freedom. It was so sad for us and for him and his family. The living remaining suffering more, and longer, than my Grandmother who went instantly, in perfect health, beautiful in her old age, afraid only of getting "old" and sick and not being able to take care of my paralyzed grandfather, who lived another 10 years quite well.

The hardest part was the shock and never having had a chance to say Good Bye, even though we had a nice "last visit" without knowing that that was what it was. I was married with three children at the time and as sad as I was, and as shocking as it was, it did not hit me as hard and as long lasting as the death of my other Grandmother, also suddenly from a stroke, when I was 16.

At 16/17 it felt like the whole world was falling apart and it turned into a long time of sorrow and introspection for me. There is nothing anyone could have said or done, and as hard as that was, it rebooted my silly brain from teenage worryworries to the important questions of life. On my desk was a four page, and long overdue letter to her. I had been too busy to buy a stamp for it in time. How she would have loved that letter had she gotten it the week before her death.

I learned, really, really learned, that every time you see anyone it could be the last. My children, my husband, my parents, friends - from then on, I was always present and aware of death in all of my good buys, and every hello became simply a miracle. I made all of my decisions with the thought - if he or she dies today, will this be a thought, deed or decision I would regret? Or, if I die today, for that matter.

This did not come out of some morose depression or death obsession, but has enriched my life and the lives of my loved ones as well as everyone I meet, nowadays. Awareness of death is what makes us relate differently than if we think, everything will last forever. In other words, it wasn't fear, but deeper and deeper gratitude for the simplest things in life.

I had a special kinship with this grandmother - as your daughter seems to have had with her music teacher. It sounds like she is quite inspired by her and sees her as an example of how to be. She may feel her future self has died, which of course is not true. I am so sorry for her loss and also know that this will make her an even deeper spiritual person than she must be already. This death has a hidden gift for her she will only realize over time. My prayers are with you as parents and her as a growing young lady.

Thank you so much for your words MM.

It turns out that the last person Breanna said goodbye to on leaving school on Tuesday was the choir teacher.

Breanna also was asked to do a couple of readings at the gathering yesterday, good thing she always carries her Bible. She seems to have become the person to talk to, strictly as a result of her faithin Christ.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, my daughter will somehow grow from this experience, this is her first real experience with someone she knows and loves passing on.

Their is great comfort knowing that the teacher is in Heaven. I think tonight I can start cracking a few jokes about her becoming my choir teacher in Heaven, as I can not sing worth a lick. My daughter will chuckle.

Blessings and Thank you
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks very much to you both for your words and thoughts, looking forward to going home. I think it will help my granda alot.

The funeral mass was held today for my daughters teacher. The choir sang beautifully, even though it was a bit queer not having Mrs. Gunther lead it.

My daughter is doing quite well. Thank you all for your prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Cnoc16

Having a bit of a struggle with work family life at the moment. Could do with a shout if any of you have a minute.

Hi Cnoc16 - I have a minute. Actually I have all of eternity. What's the trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Juza1973

I ask you brothers in Christ a prayer for Eugenio, who is now very sick and has many difficulties in life.

Juza

Much Love to Eugenio
    MM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sorr for posting here, have another thread else where - the big op to remove my oesophagus is on this Friday, it's risky but it is the only way that I will be cured of my cancèr. I would be greatful if you could pray that I get through this and the potential complications safely, I would also ask that you pray for my family and friends who are finding this whole thing very tough.

I also want to thank people for all of their prayers so far, they have really meant a lot to me and have really helped, my cancer is a lot smaller now and I believe that it was due to prayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Though not a christian, I will keep you in my prayers. Keep smiling, you are doing great. Faith and conviction will see you through:)

• Advertisement

CathyMoran wrote:
    Sorr for posting here, have another thread else where - the big op to remove my oesophagus is on this Friday, it's risky but it is the only way that I will be cured of my cancèr. I would be greatful if you could pray that I get through this and the potential complications safely, I would also ask that you pray for my family and friends who are finding this whole thing very tough.

I also want to thank people for all of their prayers so far, they have really meant a lot to me and have really helped, my cancer is a lot smaller now and I believe that it was due to prayer.

Don't apologise CM, you're most welcome here. I'll continue praying for you, your loved ones and the medical team who'll be taking care of you. I pray you have a successful operation and a quick recovery. I'd also like to encourage any Christian here, no matter how shaky they think their faith is or how "lapsed" they think they've become to pray for this also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Barnabas

Cathy, I will be sure to hold you and indeed your whole family before the Lord Jesus in prayer. The very fact that you ask us to pray for you is itself an act of faith. May the Lord reward that act of faith by speaking those words which he spoke to the woman who reached out to touch the hem of his garment: "Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go thy way in peace." (Luke chapter 8).

united in prayer with you and for you at this time

Barnabas

Go get'em Cathy. God will be with you the whole way. So will we, connected through Jesus and by the Holy Spirit.

Blessings
    brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

For surviving a head on car colision in January 2006, it gave me a second chance at life (thank you)

For passing my driving test (though it would never happen)

for providing me with a job i truly enjoy, where i can help others every day

Thank you God for making my dreams possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 evilmouse

I'll praise the Lord all the days of my life.

I was pretty 'lost' this time last year when I had moved out of home and started renting a room. I had come out of a long term relationship,worried about the future,buying a house,will I ever be married,my job,etc.

I began evening conversations with a Christian girl in my house. She told me the message of the Bible and eventually to how if you give your life to the Lord and follow him, he will look after you. I was sceptical at first, being a non-practising Catholic. But when my she gave me a spare bible to read, I knew that the Gods Word was true. It gave me a hope that I had never felt before.

In May 06, I began going along to the non-denominational evangelical church she was going to. I prayed for the Lord to come into my life and help me find purpose in my life and happiness. One sunny June morning last year, I awoke with a happiness and inner peace I will never forget and now find hard to describe. I knew that moment in Christian terms, I was what they called having being "saved". I was baptised again in Sep 06 to show publicly that I want to follow the Lord.

I praise the Lord everyday for "saving" me and for providing me with a Christian housemate who I can now call, my girlfriend!

Thank you Lord for showing me the Light. Amen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thanks to everyone for their response, I am very touched, I do believe that the only reason why I have survived thus far is due to prayer. I hope to be posting in the "Praise the Lord" thread shortly.

I'd just like to remind people to keep praying for CathyMoran. You can keep up to date with her progress over on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055051255&page=4

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Hi! If anyone has a spare minute can they pray for my granny, and all the staff in the hospital who looked after her and the lovely people in the nursing home she's in. Although she's never going to get better and is medically untreatable, I've a lot to thank god for for the really happy times we spend together still. I pray that after all she's done in life for me that she has a peaceful and relaxing last few months on earth. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Juza1973

I really think that the Lord brought me to Ireland to give me an opportunity to raise a family. Two days ago I passed an imporant exam and things are getting more interesting. Thanks you my God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Hi
    Yesterday was my mum's birthday. It'll be her last as she has terminal cancer and has less than twelve months to live. If people could please pray for her, and my Dad, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thank you. God bless.

Red Alert,you and your family are in my prayers. I hope your granny's last days are peaceful and happy.

Advertisement