Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAS student paramedic recruitment 2019

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Newgirl89

No do you plan on doing that ? I think they get in touch in due course

I would think so too, I’m a bit like show up day 1 and go from there 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

I wouldn't be messaging them yet. They'll get in touch when they're ready. Generally about 1 week before the start date you'll be asked to login to moodle and do some pre learning and online certs.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything regarding timetables until after christmas.

And they're still doing medicals and processing applications so the contract will arrive in due time.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Just so everyone knows, the contract is sent by email so don't be waiting by the post box :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOriginalJ

Is there many still waiting on the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roxy5

Is there many still waiting on the contract

I'm still 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

Me also!

Me also!

Fingers crossed soon guys

Fingers crossed soon guys

Yes fingers crossed! Been getting anxious at this stage but hopefully hear by this Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Jimmy113

Congrats to all that got a place. I was lucky enough to also be offered a position but unfortunately could not take this round due to existing work contract and will remain on the panel. Couple of questions if anyone might be able to answer? When will they go again? I had heard usually two intakes in a year. One in Jan and one Aug/Sept. Anyone think the next one will be earlier due to Tullamore? Also were you expected to hand in your notice to your current employer before you knew you had passed your medical or do they confirm you have passed first?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Congrats to all that got a place. I was lucky enough to also be offered a position but unfortunately could not take this round due to existing work contract and will remain on the panel. Couple of questions if anyone might be able to answer? When will they go again? I had heard usually two intakes in a year. One in Jan and one Aug/Sept. Anyone think the next one will be earlier due to Tullamore? Also were you expected to hand in your notice to your current employer before you knew you had passed your medical or do they confirm you have passed first?

Thanks

Nobody can say when they'll recruit again. At least not until the current 3 classes are out on placements or internship.

As for handing in your notice. That's up to you. You can finish your current job whenever you want. NAS won't ask.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if parking is provided at tallaght training centre?

Anyone know if parking is provided at tallaght training centre?

There is underground car parking, shared with the Control Center. Student paramedics have to pay €4 a day or €12 for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kem123

I'm hoping to apply for the next recruitment and just trying to figure out roughly when that might be, I know that people from the newest panel on here are starting really soon (congrats to all) but it seems like nearly all of you have been offered a course so I'm wondering with these new courses starting in January will the newest panel be cleared? (if that makes any sense at all) 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Kem123 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to apply for the next recruitment and just trying to figure out roughly when that might be, I know that people from the newest panel on here are starting really soon (congrats to all) but it seems like nearly all of you have been offered a course so I'm wondering with these new courses starting in January will the newest panel be cleared? (if that makes any sense at all) 😂
    Im looking to apply for the next recruitment also but we may have to wait for a class to go on their internships but I am not too sure.
    I know there is plans to recruit 100 new student paramedics

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CorkG86

Has anyone starting the 25th in Tullamore heard anything since they were asked to submit references?

Anyone know if they will be recruiting in spring?
    Would you need to be an EMT to apply? I've completed a healthcare course, my C1 and Im a cardiac first responder. I know that recruitment is very competitive. Would anyone have any tips for the application process and would the career services course be worth my time?
    Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Shau_98 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they will be recruiting in spring?
    Would you need to be an EMT to apply? I've completed a healthcare course, my C1 and Im a cardiac first responder. I know that recruitment is very competitive. Would anyone have any tips for the application process and would the career services course be worth my time?
    Thanks guys!

No need to be an EMT, so long as you have your C1 and meet the education requirements you can apply. There's plenty of paramedics that started with no healthcare background whatsoever. There's courses to practice the aptitude tests, I never did any but some people found them useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HollyT1951

Best of Luck to all starting in Tallaght today
    Let us Tullamore folk know how you got on :)

Would just like to tell everyone that the recruitment for 2021 is now live

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JBB2020

2019 successful applicants can you please advise as to which is the best course to do for prepping for the application process 2021. There seems to be quite a few out there!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cathal1264

I couldnt apply for this recruitment this time round.Are they likely to recruit again this year ?I think someone said they will be in September ,is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Newgirl89

So the students who just started in Tallaght and ballinasloe any final words of wisdom for us about to start in tullamore 😜😂

Newgirl89 wrote: »
    So the students who just started in Tallaght and ballinasloe any final words of wisdom for us about to start in tullamore ����

Most of the advise we have gotten from the instructors is along the lines of 'don't get ahead of yourself'. Stick to what's going on.

Go for a smaller size in the belt, go larger size in the trousers. Good luck if you have a shoe size over a 10. :P

Any updates on how the training is going? What are the hours in the college?

Any updates on how the training is going? What are the hours in the college?

The hours are 9-5 Mon - Fri with a late start thrown in now and again. We done most of the box ticking exercises.. manual & Patient handling, fire safety, cfr-a, etc.

The hours are 9-5 Mon - Fri with a late start thrown in now and again. We done most of the box ticking exercises.. manual & Patient handling, fire safety, cfr-a, etc.

Are the classes currently online or in person? Just curious with how covid is at the moment.

Are the classes currently online or in person? Just curious with how covid is at the moment.

In person. We have to wear a mask at all times when in class and stick to the general guidelines.

In person. We have to wear a mask at all times when in class and stick to the general guidelines.

It's great you get to be in person and meet your class. Good luck in the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ylwambulnce

Hows the Tullamore class getting on? Hows the new college like in terms of facilities?

• Advertisement

How is everyone getting on with the training?

Hi guys,
    Just wondering does anyone know how far the panel goes down and when does the first class usually start? Thanks

Hi guys,
    Just wondering does anyone know how far the panel goes down and when does the first class usually start? Thanks

Hi,

I’m nit sure how far down the panel goes but there is usually two intakes each year. One in Jan and one in Aug/Sept. Obviously this is all subject to change with COVID and the fact there is now 3 colleges.

I’m currently going n the panel and awaiting to hear when the next class will be called. I believe it will be September.

Hi,

I’m nit sure how far down the panel goes but there is usually two intakes each year. One in Jan and one in Aug/Sept. Obviously this is all subject to change with COVID and the fact there is now 3 colleges.

I’m currently going n the panel and awaiting to hear when the next class will be called. I believe it will be September.

Thank you!

I'm on the panel for this year and I'm hoping to get Tallaght.

Does anyone have any advice on accommodation??

Thanks.

Any idea when the details of panel offers will be out? Did someone say the panel was going live today?

• Advertisement

Any idea when the details of panel offers will be out? Did someone say the panel was going live today?

Yeah, new panel live from today. No idea when we'll hear anything back!

Panel is going live today. Whatever that means.

Hi guys,
    Anyone have an tips on getting accomodation for Tullamore? Thanks

Does anyone know how long the pre employment checks take and if I should be getting any documents ready to be sent off? Thanks

Does anyone know how long the pre employment checks take and if I should be getting any documents ready to be sent off? Thanks

Good question. I was thinking the same. I also don’t want to be left in the position where I don’t have enough time between the medical and references coming back before I have to hand in my notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Medt123

Has anybody contacted their training college, regarding a timetable.

Hi Tommy,

Roughly what does the timetable look like for the first few months when you start the course?

Advertisement