Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options
  • 08-11-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

Jaysus that 14 year did well.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Don't see the appeal of these kind of programmes.Why would anyone other than the people appearing in it themselves or their friends/family be bothered watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Watched a bit of this on Sunday, some of them didn't seem that fit tbh.

Granted I didn't see it all

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭LMK

I followed this last year and enjoyed it, last night's episode was joyless the course was horrendous, felt sorry for all the families, the lucky ones were the families that were eliminated last week.
    A good idea for a family TV show butchered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Some of the families seem slightly "unhinged" IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Mairead Farrell is fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mairead? What about Anna Geary?.....she is stunning.

Tough exercise last night with the 4 lads and the race through mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Expunge

It's the most cliched pile of poo I have seen.
    The coaches - Davy, Quinlan and the camogie lady just kept saying, in various ways, I want to win, I hate to loose etc.

Only Jayo came across to me as not being an automaton for winning at all costs.

Sunday evening entertainment on RTE, Jaysus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

There's something odd about all the families......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭lukin

walshb wrote: »

True but the only trouble is she also thinks so herself.She probably reads this thread to see how many people say how fine she is.An ego the size of Mount Everest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Quite enjoying this. The "mentor" format is old and tired and not adding anything, but the competition element is really keeping my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

walshb wrote: »

Tough exercise last night with the 4 lads and the race through mud.

Her ego ruins her

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Tough break for the Davorens in that race. Although they looked like they were being overtaken.

I loved watching those O'Brien Devine boys run - they had the most amazing stride!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Brilliant finish to win the last race, I thought the O'Brien Devines had lost it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Thought it was good TV.
    Can't say I Enjoy any reality type stuff on TV but enjoyed this.
    Well done to RTE on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Tough break for the Davorens in that race. Although they looked like they were being overtaken.

They were being overtaken, but jaysus, after 3 appearances maybe this show just isn't for them.

The show itself has become as bad as the X-factor for all the non competition stuff in between, you can literally watch all the events within 15 minutes if you record it and fast forward through all the talkie bits.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They were being overtaken, but jaysus, after 3 appearances maybe this show just isn't for them.

The show itself has become as bad as the X-factor for all the non competition stuff in between, you can literally watch all the events within 15 minutes if you record it and fast forward through all the talkie bits.

I really thought they'd do it this time.

Bad move tactically (in hindsight, obviously!) to have the girl in front behind the bar - she's obviously going to be the slowest/weakest and what happened to Nicole is the result of falling out of line with her brother. But then, it didn't happen to the other family who had the female in front (can't remember which ones it was) so what do I know!

Loved the show each time, but yes the amount of waffle is most annoying.

Wonder will the Farrens do a Davorens, and reappear next time (assuming there is a next time)? The Dad certainly wasn't ruling it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I was up for the Farrens or the Davorens. I can't stand people with double barrelled names

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

Fair play to the O'Brien Devines. They were a great family to watch and seemed really surprised and pleased to be the winners. Oh, and they didn't have double barrelled names, mum was O'Brien, the boys were Devines and I thought the programme did a great job of including both to make things equal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Great final, I picked the winners two weeks ago!

The Davern girl was lucky not to get hurt, I was surprised no one seen the danger running in front of that thing + yea they weren't gonna qualify in that round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Great final, I picked the winners two weeks ago!

The Davern girl was lucky not to get hurt, I was surprised no one seen the danger running in front of that thing + yea they weren't gonna qualify in that round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Great show! Going to miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I was up for the Farrens or the Davorens. I can't stand people with double barrelled names
    Agree.
    Mum and dad have separated so the mother has gone back to her maiden name of O Brien....only double barrelled for the TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Is back this Sunday at 6.30 on RTE1.

Wonder will the Daverns be in it again?

Anyone watching this series?

Can't figure out if it's new or not - lots of the teams look really familiar, but it's on in the prime-time usual slot, where I wouldn't expect a repeat to be shown :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone watching this series?

Can't figure out if it's new or not - lots of the teams look really familiar, but it's on in the prime-time usual slot, where I wouldn't expect a repeat to be shown :confused:

Ah c'mon, it's RTE :D:D

It's definitely a repeat - I saw an advert last week looking for families for this year's new one so it will be a while off yet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

New Series will be shot May - August 2017

Apply here :

https://animo.myauditionstage.com/#/guest/item/5

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

If Mairead is pregnant in it it's a repeat, also they show it 1830 on Sunday evenings usually anything else is a repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dearbhails team eliminated themselves.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dearbhails team eliminated themselves.

Have to say i admire them for doing that.

They still had 2 males vs the other family's 2 females.

Advertisement