Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

pablo128 wrote: »
    A good mate had one in that colour for a good few years. It used to wind him up something terrible when I called it pink. "IT'S FCUKIN BEIGE!" he used to roar at me!:pac:

I wouldn't blame him! How you could even begin to argue that car is pink is beyond me...pink is a totally different colour. Mind you I wouldn't be shouting it from the roof tops if I owned a beige car eithertongue.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I wouldn't blame him! How you could even begin to argue that car is pink is beyond me...pink is a totally different colour. Mind you I wouldn't be shouting it from the roof tops if I owned a beige car eithertongue.png

Ah there was a pinkish hue off it. And even if there wasn't, it was a cheap laugh at him. Never failed to get a reaction!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Some weird JDM oddity, e10 corolla I think.

DSC_1053_zpsgvfy6s35.jpg

Fiat tipo bonnet makes an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Camry. Nice one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

she's for sale too!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/car/11434364

Im not the seller or have no interest in helping the sale of this camry

• Advertisement

DSC_1005_zpsgnxyhbsy.jpg

Picked it up

So an update on this. I've been driving this daily since Monday and have covered x3 times the mileage that the last owner covered from August 15-Jan 16 :pac:

Not an issue with it. Lovely to drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

So an update on this. I've been driving this daily since Monday and have covered x3 times the mileage that the last owner covered from August 15-Jan 16 :pac:

Is that a fuel injected one? I had a 92 one in black, one of the last of the carburettor models I believe. It had a very unusual high end dash with a rev counter, bulb failure module, oil pressure gauge etc. Very nice to drive but an absolute pig on fuel low 20's to the gallon. I think someone before me had been tinkering at the very complex weber carb.

Its fuel injected yes. It has been quite decent on fuel so far, I've been doing just local trips this week though

I was using my 1.4 Renault 19 daily a few months ago and it gave awful fueling problems, could never get it right and it was a pig on fuel too

Its fuel injected yes. It has been quite decent on fuel so far, I've been doing just local trips this week though

I was using my 1.4 Renault 19 daily a few months ago and it gave awful fueling problems, could never get it right and it was a pig on fuel too

I never resolved the shocking fuel consumption on the Teapot I always suspected one of the dual floats in the carb was punctured. Removal of the carb was a huge task, most of the work needed to be done from underneath the car with sockets on long extensions believe it or not. Such a pity as it was a beautiful car to travel in, nice high comfortable seats and with practically no road noise the kids and the wife were asleep in seconds, giving me a nice quiet journey. They're almost non existent now. Does your 19 have the twin choke weber or are you cursed with the dreaded single choke solex?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I Was VB wrote: »
    she's for sale too!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/car/11434364

Im not the seller or have no interest in helping the sale of this camry

camrys used to be everywhere not so long ago. now rarely see any due to the scrappage deal

• Advertisement

24861056655_f9ea2e29ba_b.jpg

24208542583_489436a573_b.jpg

24208540043_1d35532bb1_b.jpg

24809122486_08c850dcc5_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

That last photo, a man with a serious Citroen problem!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    That last photo, a man with a serious Citroen problem!

First photo is a man after my own heart

There was an e24 6 series in with the Citroens at one stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

I recon I seen that white corolla on the M50 this evening. It came on at Sandyford and headed north.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Mech1 wrote: »

I recon I seen that white corolla on the M50 this evening. It came on at Sandyford and headed north.

I think I seen the red one on the M50 today also. Up around Swords/ Airport direction.pacman.gif

Shall I get my jacket and go?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Very rare car! By any chance did you purchase it off someone with the surname Keegan?

Very rare car! By any chance did you purchase it off someone with the surname Keegan?

I did indeed!

I think I seen the red one on the M50 today also. Up around Swords/ Airport direction.pacman.gif

Shall I get my jacket and go?

In its typical 80's condition.

I was behind a 91 Jetta on Friday I managed to get a quick pic with my phone I'll try and upload it later. It was petrol too which is rare enough around these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

I did indeed!

I know the car well enough so, had it a good long while and done very little motoring in it! Always caught my eye as it was always parked in the driveway!

Yes indeed, a friend of mine lives in the same estate and thats how I became aware of it. I used to see it around the locale too

Only 58 thousand on the clock, and Mr Keegan had it since 1999.

Yes indeed, a friend of mine lives in the same estate and thats how I became aware of it. I used to see it around the locale too

Only 58 thousand on the clock, and Mr Keegan had it since 1999.

The exact same radio that was in mine. No acc on the ignition switch was a pain as the volume knob wore out making finding the correct volume a scratchy trial of the nerves.

Would you believe Fiat want 65 euros for a code for the radio.

My brother knows of two for breaking out Meath direction though thankfully so hopefully I can salvage a radio from one of those with a few other bits

Would you believe Fiat want 65 euros for a code for the radio.

My brother knows of two for breaking out Meath direction though thankfully so hopefully I can salvage a radio from one of those with a few other bits

That's ridiculous. What do you need to give them to get the code? The local guys here are decent enough they might give it to me if I talk nice to them. Pm me if you're interested. Did you try any of those online unlock sites? Is it a philips radio they used? Luckily my one had all its books and paperwork including the radio code card.

jca wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. What do you need to give them to get the code? The local guys here are decent enough they might give it to me if I talk nice to them. Pm me if you're interested. Did you try any of those online unlock sites? Is it a philips radio they used? Luckily my one had all its books and paperwork including the radio code card.

They need the serial code off the radio and the cars reg number. The local Fiat dealership that maintained the car for the last 18 years has closed down, and I was hoping they would have given me a hand so I had to ring another

Funnily enough I have the owners manuals, service books and the radio manual but the code doesn't seem to be anywhere :confused:

If its alright, when I get the chance I will take out the radio and get the serial number and send you off a pm. I'd love to be able to keep the original radio in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They need the serial code off the radio and the cars reg number. The local Fiat dealership that maintained the car for the last 18 years has closed down, and I was hoping they would have given me a hand so I had to ring another

Funnily enough I have the owners manuals, service books and the radio manual but the code doesn't seem to be anywhere :confused:

If its alright, when I get the chance I will take out the radio and get the serial number and send you off a pm. I'd love to be able to keep the original radio in it

If you haven't taken the radio out already you may get a nice surprise and see the code wrote on the radio.

jayo26 wrote: »
    If you haven't taken the radio out already you may get a nice surprise and see the code wrote on the radio.

My brother said the same thing! It would be great alright, I'm just back from Roscommon earlier this evening and I can safely say the radio was sorely missed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you don't see this every day! :)

There was actually another one behind me too, but after 5km i gave up as i still couldn't get them all to manoeuvre into a single line. :D

corvettes.jpg

• Advertisement

DSC_1060_zpskte41thb.jpg

I'm just after helping the owner of this Starlet fill it up with fuel a few minutes ago. It was truly immaculate and I did ask if she had it long, "since new" was the reply.

I couldn't help but smile though as she locked it up and went to pay. And then drove out in front of me after I had time to steam clean my own can and everything, at about 15 mph :)

God this might sound sad bit it has just made my day.

Advertisement