Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeper league

1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭boccy23

Tolka drake

I will be keeping four
    1.Jack Flaherty
    2.Zack Greinke
    3.Marco Gonzales
    4.Dylan Bundy

How can 2 people be keeping Jack Flaherty. Someone is looking at the wrong year or wrong column.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Tolka,

Flaherty is on the Zephyrs at the end of 2019 roster. It's not the closing rosters on the site but the excel list on my message on the 18th. Check that out. You have Nola, Buehler and Scherzer so not too shabby on the pitching front!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I will keep the following 4

Jose Abreu
    Anthony Rendon
    Whit Merrifield
    Nelson Cruz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Sorry guys here's my new list For Tolka Drakes

1.Aaron Nola
    2.Max Scherzer
    3.Walker Bueher
    4.Sonny Gray

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

Sorry guys here's my new list For Tolka Drakes

1.Aaron Nola
    2.Max Scherzer
    3.Walker Bueher
    4.Sonny Gray

God, I would have given you jack flaherty for any of those!!!

• Advertisement

I have keepers from everyone now. Most people have chosen 4 with a couple of 2's and one 3. I'll set that up later.

The draft order will be based on 2019 results and snaking as usual:

1. JPF
    2. Tolka Drakes
    3. Badgers
    4. Dodgers
    5. RebelSox
    6. Zephyrs
    7. Fireballers
    8. Kings

Will have to remember to draft closer to opening day next year. The weeks wait to see my A+ draft turn into the usual C- seems like a long time.

Free agency will be very deep this year with just the 8 teams.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Will have to remember to draft closer to opening day next year. The weeks wait to see my A+ draft turn into the usual C- seems like a long time.

Free agency will be very deep this year with just the 8 teams.

I wholeheartedly agree! Eloy Jimenez, today diagnosed with a torn pectoral 6 months.

Yeah it was noticeable in the last few rounds, usually I’d be throwing out flyers left right and centre, but it was hard to do that when there was genuine talent left on the board. Those extra 54 players were noticeable.

Half my team is on the IL now!

JT Realmuto now added due to Covid-19 just after Tatis landed on it.

Arrrghh!!!!

Do managers want me to put another IL spot in the rosters?

I don't need it myself but can understand how people might want it. There seems to be a lot of injured players - although my personal bugbear is the DTD where they don't play for a week but never go on the IL.

I'm happy to take the majority view.

• Advertisement

I am getting a bit screwed at the minute with Covid and injuries. But I would still keep it as is. With 8 teams, the pool is deep and puts an emphasis on strategy.

You are second so you're definitely doing something right!!:)

Hi folks,

I was holding off until the dispute was sorted but I think I'll just kick things off again.

Will ye let me know if ye're back in again for this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I am in. Accepted the invite.

Badgers.

Rumours of a rebrand due to the franchise being moved

Stupid new Boards didn't alert me to this.

Count me back in, K-Kings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Only just seen this. Count Fireballers in aswell...

Folks,

Just have the four confirmations - can the other four teams please confirm asap?

Hi guys, zephyrs back in. Sorry for the late reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hi sorry, am JPF and I'm out. Sorry, enjoyed the decade of play!

Hi lads,

As of the last comment JPF are out for this year and I don't have a response from RebelSox. I think the Drakes has accepted the invite.

Does anyone know of any other managers who might want to join? Otherwise I think it might be time to wind it up. We could go with a six team league but it feels very different than a couple of years ago.....

• Advertisement

To be honest, I think it might also have run it's course and happy to leave it off.

Maybe after a year out, we can check again in 2023.

Agree with this guys. Let's enjoy the season when it finally comes around and check back in during the off-season

I'm going to cancel the league later. Here's the way it panned out down the years. I think Henry/Fireballers generally won the regular season and had a tough time in the playoffs!!!

Thanks for the 11 years!

Thanks for that @bit of red72. Interesting to see. I resign as reigning champion! 🏆️

I only missed the playoffs 3 times out of the 11 years. Always had a poorer Regular Season to others but could make a dent when I got to the finals.

I will miss the daily moves, but I am looking forward to reengaging with baseball on an overall sense instead of through my fantasy team.

Thanks all for the memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I was away last week so only seeing this now. Yea, no problem winding down the league. As others had commented it had probably runs it's course.

Thanks to the commishs, OG and new players over the years. It was fun!

Advertisement