Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

14-03-2005, 11:27   #1
][cEMAN**

Events archive thread

If you are aware of any events such as conventions, signings etc coming up any time soon please feel free to post a reply here to such.

This is for information ONLY not discussion. If there are any other details needed you can contact the person posting or the venue it is being held at. Any non information replies will be deleted.

Additionally, events may not include such things as sales or any direct advertising for shops - please read charter fully for details on this. If however it is a public event not directly linked to sales (ie. An author signing) this will be allowed. I will edit/remove posts that may fall outside of the charter, and contact the person posting through PM.

EVENT TYPE :
ADDITIONAL INFO :
Advertisement
28-06-2005, 15:16   #2

EVENT TYPE : Official Relaunch Of Millarworld
DATE/TIME : Sat July 2nd @ 7PM
ADDITIONAL INFO : John @ the 3rd Place is organising it.
Talk to him on 01-6336964.
28-06-2005, 22:43   #3

DUBLIN COMIC and TOY MART

EVENT TYPE : DUBLIN COMIC and TOY MART
DATE/TIME : Sunday 31st July from 10am-5pm
ADDITIONAL INFO : Top dealers of comics,toys and sci fi memorabilia from all over Ireland will be packed into two function rooms. ADMISSION IS FREE !!
There will be goodie bags for the first paying customers, prize giveaways including signed items and original art. Bring a camera and have your picture taken with Spider-man!
If you'd like to enquire about a dealers table, please call Emmett on 087 9942906 or comicartist@oceanfree.net .

Last edited by Emmett; 28-06-2005 at 22:45. Reason: forgot a contact number
12-09-2005, 15:30   #4

Mark Buckingham at sub-con

EVENT TYPE :sub-con comic convention
LOCATION :central hotel,exchequer street dublin 2 .across the road from sub-city comics
DATE/TIME :8th october 2005,10AM-6PM
ADDITIONAL INFO :Mark Buckingham, who has worked on Fables, Sandman,Miracleman, and many other titles will be there on the day for a signing as well as many dealers
06-11-2005, 17:33   #5
Wolfman-Eire

Irish Comic Bonanza!

On December the 3rd Irish Comic Expo is being held in Central Hotel just off Georges street. And as a bonus for comic lovers, on the 4th Comet Comics is again hosting a Comic Mart in its usual home, Wynns hotel; 10am to 5pm!
Eug

Wolfman!
Advertisement
07-11-2005, 02:36   #6
DoctorEdgeWild

Excellent news - I'll make it to the mart at least!
25-02-2006, 14:07   #7
Fysh

Since I had an email about this I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it up:

EVENT TYPE : Dublin Comic and Toy Mart
DATE/TIME : Saturday March 25th, 2006 10am-6pm
ADDITIONAL INFO :

Top dealers of comics,toys and sci fi memorabilia from all over Ireland will be packed into two function rooms.
Guests: Comic artist GLENN FABRY, author MICHAEL CARROLL
Events : Sketching contest judged by Glenn Fabry,Prize Giveaways
Admission : 2 euro,under 12's free
Any queries should be directed to the organiser, Emmet Taylor : you can get him at comicartist@oceanfree.net.
18-01-2007, 08:41   #8
ztoical

eirtakon anime and manga con, click the link for info
19-03-2007, 15:13   #9

Dublin Comic & Toy Mart....May 5th 2007

EVENT TYPE :Comic & Toy Mart
LOCATION :NEW LOCATION!...Royal Dublin Hotel, O'Connell Street,Dublin
DATE/TIME :10-6 on Saturday May 5th
ADDITIONAL INFO : This is a special FREE COMIC BOOK DAY Mart so bring a friend and introduce them to comics. There will be tens of thousands of comics for sale as well as related merchandise and local small press comics. We'll have a seperate room off the main room showing comic related dvds.
Admission is 1 euro and under 12's are free. Each person is entitled to chose 2 of this years FREE COMIC BOOK DAY comics. Anyone wishing to sell at a table can contact me at 087 9942906 or comicartist@oceanfree.net . 'Look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited by Fysh; 20-07-2007 at 15:09.
Advertisement
20-03-2007, 07:31   #10
ztoical

2D festival

EVENT TYPE : comic festival
DATE/TIME : april 19th -21st
ADDITIONAL INFO : at the moment looks very much like a mainstream show no word yet on any alternative press.
11-07-2007, 16:59   #11
ztoical

Caption 2007

EVENT TYPE :smallpress comic con
DATE/TIME :august 11th and 12th
ADDITIONAL INFO : Flights on ryanair at the moment for 20euros to London but you have to bus/train it 50km to oxford

Last edited by ztoical; 11-07-2007 at 17:24.
19-07-2007, 21:48   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoical
Caption 2007

EVENT TYPE :smallpress comic con
DATE/TIME :august 11th and 12th
ADDITIONAL INFO : Flights on ryanair at the moment for 20euros to London but you have to bus/train it 50km to oxford

has anyone been along to this one before?? if so, what did you think? it sounds interesting the fact that there's no dealer tables and that all the comics are sold from one main table...
19-07-2007, 22:57   #13
ztoical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked
has anyone been along to this one before?? if so, what did you think? it sounds interesting the fact that there's no dealer tables and that all the comics are sold from one main table...
was meant to go last year but i wasnt back from new york in time.....have mixed feelings about not having exhibators tables, as an artist I enjoy working a table as you get to talk to people about your work, also as a comic fan what i like about small press shows is that the person sitting behind the table is usally the artist so you can talk to them about their work rather then dealer tables were the people running them are retailers.

every show is different and its always fun to hit a new one cus you never know how your work will go down or what will sell, the book/print you sold out of at the least show might not sell at all and the one no one liked last time is the big seller......I'm looking forward to seeing what caption is like
20-07-2007, 13:24   #14

i'm definitely curious to check it out. what sounds appealing to a newbie like me is the fact that you don't have to hire a table, but that you still have a chance to sell comics. i can certainly appreciate that that might be a nightmare for more established artists though. but for someone such as myself who's only starting off it seems like a cheaper alternative to the cons where you have to rent a table.
20-07-2007, 13:46   #15
ztoical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked
but for someone such as myself who's only starting off it seems like a cheaper alternative to the cons where you have to rent a table.
Con season can be very pricey [just paid $325 for my MoCCA 08 table] but only the really big cons sell expensive tables - MoCCA, SPX and SDCC are the most expensive. Tables for alot of small press events aren't to bad - APE is the west coast alternative to MoCCA and their tables are only $150 odd which for a two con is damn good. SPACE and Stumptown are under the $100 mark plus any half decent con sells half tables as well, American con tables tend to be bigger then UK based events and a full table can be alot to fill if your only starting. [Of course you have to add travel, hotels and printing costs as well]

The uk web and mini comic thing is a good con in london, full tables last here were under £50, but save money by sharing a table, thats what I did for my frist few years at MoCCA, this year was the first year I had enough of my own work that i could fill a whole table by myself. I'm always up for sharing a table at con if someone is really interested in attending, or I'll take peoples stuff for them if they can't make a con[within reason of course]. I've had friends take my stuff to a number of cons round Europe and the states for me cus I took their stuff to cons they couldn't attend.

Of course if you goal is to make money you shouldn't be hitting comic cons but anime conventions - artists alley tables tend to be much cheaper and if your good at quick sketches you can make a decent profit doing comissions.

Last edited by ztoical; 20-07-2007 at 13:49.
Thread Closed