Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-04-2011, 14:36   #31
archtech

sorry about the typo above. meant to write not and not now and I was making reference to woodies only, although I had heard a rumour months ago that slattery's had closed, which thankfully hasn't happened.

Quote:
what's the story with the partly developed "apartment " complex at the old bridge (we're talking the building across the road from the properly developed apartment block)?
It's a complete eyesore with a mass of electric cables erupting from a hole in the front
The building you are referring to is not an apartment development, it was intended to be a hostel.( had planning for a hostel) It was close to being finished with the exception of the construction of a new kitchen extension, which was refused planning permission. (flooding was one of the issues, but there were others from what I remember.)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2011, 06:20   #32
dirtydiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremelo View Post
I heard that that nice little pancake parlour in Irishtown is now closed. It's a shame. It was the only one of its kind and did great pancakes.
Its closed, seemed to be doing a great trade and one week end it just closed up, goes to show you never really know how a business is trading.
04-05-2011, 06:26   #33
amandaf675

Went For A Random Spin Tonight And Ended Up In Clonmel
04-05-2011, 06:42   #34
dirtydiesel

Businesses that have recently closed in Clonmel

4 Star pizza
Present Time
Birthdays card shop
The Crepe shop in Irishtown

New businesses opening in Clonmel
A kebab shop where 4 star was
A Chinese restaurant and take away above domino's pizza at top of Cashel road.

There may be more opening or closing that I am not aware of.

Where to get a cheap pint and a bite to eat in Clonmel

The polish pub in Irishtown have a daily special offer, its a jug of draught lager or cider for 10e, there is 3.5 pints in the jug. After 6pm you can still get the jug but they reduce the price of a pint to 3.50e also.

I got very merry for 20e in there recently, its a nice pub with a good mixture of people passing through.

The fish and chip shop in Marks and Sparks shopping centre are offering 2 cod and chips and two drinks for 10e with a voucher you can get in the free papers.
04-05-2011, 19:44   #35
dunna

Lost - please help :(

A friend of mine got a large sum of cash stolen today on the main street in clonmel. He is not from the area and is looking for any suggestions you may have to help him to try and get this cash back???
He has contacted the local garda station and the shops he was in and to no avail.
Anyone with any tips or suggestions on ANYthing else he could do to try to locate this?
We are aware it is cash and in this day in age is most likely dead dust but just thought id put it out there!
Advertisement
05-05-2011, 10:40   #36

I reckon by Christmas the only places that will be open in Market Place will be

Elverys
Superquinn
O Tuama's
XtraVision
Chapmans
05-05-2011, 10:50   #37
cml387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvee View Post
I reckon by Christmas the only places that will be open in Market Place will be

Elverys
Superquinn
O Tuama's
XtraVision
Chapmans
and I wouldn't be too sure about Superquinn,which the owners are trying to sell.
05-05-2011, 23:21   #38
tippspur

Aren't xtravision in a bit of trouble nation wide at the moment?
05-05-2011, 23:30   #39
holystungun9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippspur View Post
Aren't xtravision in a bit of trouble nation wide at the moment?
Yeah, in fact I thought that was old news and they were already closed up. Someone mentioned Xtravision to me and I thought what the hell are you talking about, they're already gone. Not sure why I got that mixed up. Although most of my friends have good broadband and just download all the movies they want, when they want them. I don't and wouldn't, I am a fan of itunes though. I much prefer to pay a euro thirty cent or whatever to have the exact song I want instead of paying out much more in a physical store. It is hard to beat the price and convenience of downloads.
Advertisement
06-05-2011, 01:18   #40
tippspur

You are probably getting mixed up with Chartbusters who closed down a couple of months ago.
06-05-2011, 01:39   #41
pooch90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippspur View Post
You are probably getting mixed up with Chartbusters who closed down a couple of months ago.
Examiners have been appointed to Xtravision though so they're possible gone too....
08-05-2011, 14:56   #42
Meathlass

Just wondering what people think of the Showgrounds? I live very close to it so would probably use M and S maybe once every 2 weeks for a treat, have occasionally bought something from the wine shop and a few cds over christmas from Golden Discs but that's it.

I've heard from people working in there that a lot of the shops won't make the rent next year. I think some or all of them got the first year rent free as part of their lease. Argos is rumoured to be much quieter than they'd hoped. I have to say as a place to shop it's entirely off my radar. I always head into town and would never think of popping in there to look at the clothes shops. Sounds like I'm not the only one.
08-05-2011, 18:42   #43
ReacherCreature

Golden Discs is well, gold. Some very cheap stuff in there in terms of DVDs, their music discs are all right to an extent.

But there's no ATM in there, whatsoever. Nearest ones are walks away. It's an utterly ridiculous hole. It lost Golden Discs €15 yesterday. Other than that, I don't really use it so can't comment greatly.
08-05-2011, 19:18   #44
cml387

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReacherCreature View Post
Golden Discs is well, gold. Some very cheap stuff in there in terms of DVDs, their music discs are all right to an extent.

But there's no ATM in there, whatsoever. Nearest ones are walks away. It's an utterly ridiculous hole. It lost Golden Discs €15 yesterday. Other than that, I don't really use it so can't comment greatly.

There's this thing called a Laser card...
Thanks from:
08-05-2011, 21:07   #45
pooch90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReacherCreature View Post

This p1sses me off too. What were they thinking building a shopping centre with no ATM?
I said it to the staff in a few of the shops there when it first opened, they said they didn't think there was plans to put one in and said it made their jobs awkward.
Laser charges you per transaction AFAIK, why should you have to use your card repeatedly and incur repeated bank charges?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion