Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever beaten the sh1te out of somebody.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I smashed a Junkies face in after he tried to rob my wallet. I've never beaten anyone before or since because there was never any need.

I actually felt good after it and would do exactly the same thing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

I smashed a Junkies face in after he tried to rob my wallet. I've never beaten anyone before or since because there was never any need.

I actually felt good after it and would do exactly the same thing today.

Exactly my point very seldom a need for it but sometimes it has to be done can't be letting lads away with that kind of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Look for severe childhood disturbances associated with violence. The OP wasn't born a criminal, folks. He was made one through years of systematic abuse. He hates his own identity, you see, and he thinks that makes violence legitimate. But his pathology is a thousand times more savage and more terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm 38 and have never raised a hand to anyone in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

eviltwin wrote: »
    Not even to request a toilet break in school? ;):p

I would take my hat off to you as that is very commendable, but it would mean me raising my hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

Straighten somebody out as my Dad would say. At around 15 I turned on my mother, she beat myself and brother like pet dogs for years.

I got into throwing hands in college where I would go loco and kick the ****e out of some ****. However it would always be with a group though, The rare times The red mist descended and exploded and I acted alone I would always feel genuine guilt afterwards.

You have proven the connection that domestic violence from the mother increases the likelihood that the abused child turns out violent themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Or to spank your better halfs bare arse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I booted my neighbour in the face a few weeks back,knocked out his front teeth.Not too bad for him though as they were only baby teeth,and they were due to fall out in the next year or so anyways.

I booted my neighbour in the face a few weeks back,knocked out his front teeth.Not too bad for him though as they were only baby teeth,and they were due to fall out in the next year or so anyways.
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Lots of scraps in my teens, I only once really bet someone up, I was 18 and some scum groped the girl was dating ,he was known to do it with drink/drugs taken and always got away with it , broke his jaw and he ended up with a few stitches ,the funny thing is he came and apologised to me and my girlfriend and he cleaned up his act after that.
    In my 40s now and haven't raised a hand to anyone in over 20years , having kids and getting married definitely changes the way you might handle different situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

TL; DR: Twice

First time I was about 17 and a timid enough friend of mine kept telling me some fella was hassling him and pointed your man out to me. He must have told me ten times that the guy was harassing him and that he thought he was going to give him a few slaps. As we were leaving the nightclub I seen your man coming straight at my friend and pre emptively launched a right straight that hit your man in the jaw. It was the middle of winter and it had been raining heavily, when I hit him he stumbled 2 or 3 steps then lost his footing and fell face first into a massive puddle, the situation wasn't funny but seeing that was since he got up straight away, no real harm done just wounded pride and f**king soaked.

Second time I was standing talking to (the same) friend and a fella who used to give me a lot of hassle in school butted in and started giving me the very same hassle. I tolerated a lot in school but I'd been in college 2 years at this stage and had grown out of listening to this s**te so I told him to continue on his way (mightn't have been as polite as that). He headbutts me pretty hard, I try to take the high road "you just hit me as hard as you could and you didn't so much as draw a bit of blood". Your man seems confused and walks off. My friend says "Lad you can't be letting people away with that" and I just thought yeah maybe your right. Walk up to your man and drop him with a box. 3 bouncers grab me and shove me up against a wall, 2 more help him up. He starts losing it claiming he's taking me to court knocking out his two front teeth despite the fact they can clearly be seen in his mouth as he talks. Within all of 3 minutes the bouncers realised I was pretty sound and he was a clown, about 20 people had seen him headbutting me and told the bouncers as much. In the end they asked me a few questions, took my name, I asked was I barred and they said no what I did was justified but if I was involved in anything else in there I would be, no matter the circumstances.

Funniest part of that was as I walked out the front of the nightclub to get a taxi my sparring partner comes storming towards me again shouting and roaring only for one of his friends to grab him and say "ah Dave* c'mon out of it before you get another slap."

Am I a thug? I don't think so but some might, I'd throw both punches again. I've been in far far more situations I could have resolved with violence but didn't. I'm quite a large athletic individual and I think that makes me far less likely to hit someone, I fear the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

What ill treatment is he subjecting his dad to? No his mother doesn't deserve better treatment at all. Child abusers really don't - and their being someone's mother or father doesn't change this. Wouldn't blame him at all for snapping at his mother, even if it's not ideal. She shouldn't have been violent to her children though
    I'd agree on talking to a professional to prevent it leading to further rages though.

You're dead right. But my opinion would be to step away from violence. She needs help. Not a right hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Only once, iv a very intense temper I can handle it but if I don't walk away it builds up and I get very angry :L!! Was in an estate and a girl we dident really got along with was mocking a downsindrom(?) boy we wore with and she was behind me in the queue for the ice cream and for some strange reason I ordered a extra cone that noone wanted and she kept her smart comments up so I shoved the cone into her face taught I was gas to be honest.. Was in our estate I live in the next day then and was friends with alot of a crowd from the estate and next thing found myself in a full on fight in the green fealt guilty afterwards never was in a fisty 'fight' sence to my mother's delight haha :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Not only were they stealing the truf the dirty cnuts were using my bags to rob it they didn't even have their own bags, without a doubt the hurl was called for :)

But you're a Laoiman, what business have you owning a hurl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

But my opinion would be to step away from violence. She needs help. Not a right hook.
    I agree. He shouldn't have turned on his mother, but I can still understand why he did it - all of that building up over years, something's got to give. There's the self defence angle too.

But you're a Laoiman, what business have you owning a hurl?

Ha ha ha, for the purpose of protecting my turf :)

I agree. He shouldn't have turned on his mother, but I can still understand why he did it - all of that building up over years, something's got to give. There's the self defence angle too.

You don't put your hands on your ma. No matter how she treated you.

Only once, iv a very intense temper I can handle it but if I don't walk away it builds up and I get very angry :L!! Was in an estate and a girl we dident really got along with was mocking a downsindrom(?) boy we wore with and she was behind me in the queue for the ice cream and for some strange reason I ordered a extra cone that noone wanted and she kept her smart comments up so I shoved the cone into her face taught I was gas to be honest.. Was in our estate I live in the next day then and was friends with alot of a crowd from the estate and next thing found myself in a full on fight in the green fealt guilty afterwards never was in a fisty 'fight' sence to my mother's delight haha :o
    :confused:https://translate.google.ie/?hl=en&tab=wT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Quickly learned in MMA sparring that it is not fun getting a few kicks / slaps. It has given me a greater appreciation, and very aware of what could happen I something kicked off on the street.

Quickly learned in MMA sparring that it is not fun getting a few kicks / slaps. It has given me a greater appreciation, and very aware of what could happen I something kicked off on the street.
    Try working retail security/doorman in Dublin in the 90's :pac:

Twas like Battle Royale :D

Lol.

Tell us more about your training.

Lol.

Tell us more about your training.

man kicks you, you kick him, he hits you, you hit him, maybe you take him down and hit him, maybe he takes you down and hits you - hopefully you get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

man kicks you, you kick him, he hits you, you hit him, maybe you take him down and hit him, maybe he takes you down and hits you - hopefully you get it

Do you make sure to wear your tap out shirt to the gym so everyone knows you've kicked many asses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

gumbo1 wrote: »
    When did you throw one in happiness? When does anyone??

when Ireland win at any major sport, I punch the air.

That my friend, is happiness.

• Advertisement

Do you make sure to wear your tap out shirt to the gym so everyone knows you've kicked many asses?

I sure do, not just at the gym though, everytimeI leave the house, be it work, pub

I find that every fcuk that mentions their fighting experience, can't fight for ****.

Hopefully you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

UFC on the ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've been training MMA, BJJ & Judo a long time now. MMA since 2004'ish and I'll tell you something no martial art will prepare you for ~ violence.

Violence and the want to f*ck someone up can never be replicated in the gym/dojo.

That said you'll have an edge and shouldn't be shy of a strike if it comes to it on the street.. Oh, and people ~ Krav Maga is bullsh*t don't even consider it.

Have I ever beaten someone?.. No one who didn't deserve it.

I've worked the doors of pubs/clubs for over twenty years, I'm well used to violence but it never fails to disgust me. However sometimes its necessary.

Good to see so many adults here who aren't boasting of having bashed someone up, its the way it should be.

Oh, and people ~ Krav Maga is bullsh*t don't even consider it.

The rest of your post is game ball, but the above -you're wrong there. For self defense KM is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I knocked fcuk out of a lad who lived across the road from me when I was about 15. He constantly picked on me and teased me. I ignored him for years until one time I met him and his stupid friend (who really was as dumb as dirt) one evening. He stopped and I knew there was going to be a fight so I went to take my jacket off and the cowardly prick punched me when I had it half off. I lost the head completely and punched him in the face 2 or 3 times, I then got him in a headlock and threw myself backwards and so landed hard on his chest and proceeded to punch the face off him. He started screaming like a girl and I stopped but held him by the neck and told him if he ever even looked at me again I'd do the same and more to him. He got up and ran away crying and shouting that he was going to get his brother to sort me out. I never had a seconds bother from him (or his brother) again.

The rest of your post is game ball, but the above -you're wrong there. For self defense KM is great.

LOL, Good God.. Ok :rolleyes:

Unless you studied under Imre Lichtenfeld or Boam Lichtenfeld, Krav Maga is a 'term' a lot of 'practitioners' tag onto, but in it's purest form, it does not exist outside of the Israeli defence forces IMHO

LOL, Good God.. Ok :rolleyes:

That's me told.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Unless you studied under Imre Lichtenfeld or Boam Lichtenfeld, Krav Maga is a 'term' a lot of 'practitioners' tag onto, but in it's purest form, it does not exist outside of the Israeli defence forces IMHO

And when the IDF wants you dead they drop 1000lbs bombs onto your house, they don't karate chop you to death.. But idiots buy into the marketing and hype of KM all the time but all these clubs are doing is cashing in on people's fears and charging an arm & a leg for it.

Krav Maga ~ greatest load of choreographed bullsh*t ever.

But Walter Mitty's like it.

And when the IDF wants you dead they drop 1000lbs bombs onto your house, they don't karate chop you to death..

True that Mak ;)

But Walter Mitty's like it.

Says the chinless chap who moderates a self defence forum.

"I'm Irish army. Me tough"

You can't fight for ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Thankfully, I haven't had a fight since my childhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Never been in a fight in my life

Same here.
    never thrown a punch in anger

Same here.
    I'm 33

Same here.

Are you me? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Why would I want to go out, and intentionally beat the sh!t out of someone?

Have had a few competitive Tae Kwon Do sparring competitions, where we just went at each other for 2 or 3 3min rounds, and one playground fight with my best friend as a 10 year old where a couple of slaps/punches were thrown.

Other than that, never thrown a kick or punch at someone in anger, unless self defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No, was brought up with my mother saying 'if you look for trouble, you will get enough of it.
    One person picked a fight with me in primary school, he wanted a fight, I didn't, it ended up with a fight, I threw one punch, hit him on the nose, his nose started bleeding and fight was over, and he never looked for a fight again, and I never hit anyone again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

46 in july and through these crazy years I have never beaten the sh!te out of any person thankfully, it's not in my nature, and I have come close to some serious sh!t in the fourteen years growing up in darndale.

The way of the road is to back yourself up verbally in good communication with the yang and forward words correctly. When you accomplish the skill of talking some-one down to a listening level then you will never have the need to beat the **** out of any-one.

Communication is the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Only once. I had a girl who used to make my life hell in Secondary school bullying me because I have Epilepsy, even though I never had a seizure at school and she never saw me have a seizure. Eventually she took the piss once too often and when she started on me in a free class one day she'd made the mistake of sitting at the desk in front of me. I slammed her head off the desk a few times and that put a stop to the bullying. I walked out of class shaking with rage but quite pleased with myself for finally doing something about it. I was convinced there'd be trouble with her or the school but there was no comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

.... I slammed her head of the desk a few times and that put a stop to the bullying. I walked out of class shaking with rage but quite pleased with myself for finally doing something about it. I was convinced there'd be trouble with her or the school but there was no comeback.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, violence always solves everything :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

46 in july and through these crazy years I have never beaten the sh!te out of any person thankfully, it's not in my nature, and I have come close to some serious sh!t in the fourteen years growing up in darndale.

The way of the road is to back yourself up verbally in good communication with the yang and forward words correctly. When you accomplish the skill of talking some-one down to a listening level then you will never have the need to beat the **** out of any-one.

Communication is the key.

I thought you were about 21 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

In Texas they love oil, in Russia it's natural gas, in Laois it Turf :)

That's what seperates us culchies from dubs. We feel attached to our land and oyr turf.Dubs are attached to their 50" plasmas and their slabs of dutch gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

And you know this how???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I've only ever hit people who have put their hands on me first. Would never raise my hand to someone who didn't do it to me first.

Then again I'm in my 30's now so doubt I'll ever need to do that again. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: If you want to continue posting then do so without the personal attacks

Advertisement