Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modified cars. What do people here in AH think of them?

Options
  • 25-07-2019 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Me personally I hate them.

The ones I hate the most do are the stupid looking one with stupid oversized exhaust and some little spoilt brat driving it the obviously dos not care about anybody including him or herself.

If I was in Government there would be a law to ban them and if found driving one it would be 10 years in prison.

A car is designed the way it was for a reason.

If you can't afford a fast car designed by the car manufactures then tought sh.it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

There's no culture of it here in Ireland beyond knack bags with crap exhausts and cheap superficial body crap.

But proper mods are near invisible.. Real sleeper cars are the business.

Check out an Aussie crowd mighty car mods - they made a supercar out of a Mk7 Golf R.

2.5 second 0-60...

Yet it still largely looks stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

What's not to love about an exhaust that sounds like a jet engine on a Micra or Fiesta?

Knobs thinking they're cool doing handbrake turns in car parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wanker's, absolute ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The ones that have been lowered to such an extent that they have to crawl over speed ramps are hilarious.
    Don't know how they manage on anything other than a smooth road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If it's done tastefully then I like it and I love something with a really good paint job that looks wet all the time.

I could never understand the thing of getting say a Corsa/nova or saxo etc and spending€20k on it but still only had a 1.2 or less.....

Why oh why....

We do need nicer cars here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

My 08 mondeo 2.0 diesel is modified, I've blocked the EGR, I think its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

kneemos wrote: »
    The ones that have been lowered to such an extent that they have to crawl over speed ramps are hilarious.

It's great when they destroy them! Their little devastated rat faces.

Oh they are the devil's advocate ..,

I wants to pull them out and repeatedly run them over and then some...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fart cans. Thank **** they’re a dying breed. To be replaced by GTI drivers unfortunately! :(

Those clowns usually just cut their springs too

• Advertisement

You monster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The only ones I hear around my area are 90’s Honda civics farting about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

lawred2 wrote: »
    Check out an Aussie crowd mighty car mods - they made a supercar out of a Mk7 Golf R.

2.5 second 0-60...

Yet it still largely looks stock.

They bolted 15k of parts onto a golf. A supercar it is not lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

AMKC wrote: »
    Me personally I hate them.

The ones I hate the most do are the stupid looking one with stupid oversized exhaust and some little spoilt brat driving it the obviously dos not care about anybody including him or herself.

If I was in Government there would be a law to ban them and if found driving one it would be 10 years in prison.

A car is designed the way it was for a reason.

If you can't afford a fast car designed by the car manufactures then tought sh.it.

Does your hate extend to LPG conversions, air suspensions and snorkels fitted to 4x4's?

I don't care much for fellas adding fart cannons and fake CB aerials but wouldn't tar everyone who drives a modified car with the same brush

kona wrote: »
    They bolted 15k of parts onto a golf. A supercar it is not lol.

Should have use quotation marks... Should have expected a pedant would be along to take me literally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I was huge into it spent thousands on cars and modifications from 2006 to 2010 type r's evo's glanzas you name it.
    The scene kind of died in 2008 when recession hit never recovered.
    Im 31 now and i look back thinking what was i at the talk of the town i must of been!haha
    Great times were had all the same though.

I enjoy a tricycle with speakers attached. Breaks the cacophony of crows in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

lawred2 wrote: »
    Should have use quotation marks... Should have expected a pedant would be along to take me literally

Ooooooh your hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

One of my cars is way too low, a brace underneath it pulled a cats eye out of the road one night. One car has an exhaust coming out the front bumper, makes an awful amount of noise and another one has about 1200 worth of a body kit and stupidly over the top spoiler, to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way

kona wrote: »
    Ooooooh your hard.

Urm ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Theres fierce boooo out of her laaaaaad

Theres fierce boooo out of her laaaaaad

No it's coooooooo
    Cooooo9ooooooooo lad

What's not to love about an exhaust that sounds like a jet engine on a Micra or Fiesta?

And people stare at them as they go by. They probably think its people admiring their car but really they are thinking what a knob head.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah it's grand. Causing even more cancer than your diesel car would as standard. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Anyone with those goddamn ear-shattering exhausts are CLEARLY compensating for something, and failing HARD.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Anyone with those goddamn ear-shattering exhausts are CLEARLY compensating for something, and failing HARD.

Brain cells or hairs in their ears

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Brain cells or hairs in their ears

Either that or they're insecure about the size of their feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

jaxxx wrote: »

So every motorcyclist then?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Mate used to drive a Toyota starlet turbo with a ridiculous big exchaust ,so bad driving through town and setting off the alarms as ya rev the exchaust backfires and the bloody alarms kept going off,was funny at the time,but absolutely stupid now that I think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Each to their own. I used to love f cking around with motorbikes years ago.

There's a gobsh1te of a taxi driver round here that modified his 15 yr old diesel Mercedes by putting an AMG badge on the boot. He drives round the town like a loon thinking it is an AMG. He's in his 60s FFS

Advertisement