Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Charges Protest, O' Connell St

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tipparetops

Actually, you first falsley claimed that 1916 was about stopping the march of imperialism!

You have posted everything but the real reason for 1916.
    Inform me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

It is because of the arrest of some water meter protesters.
    Seeing the news about you know who and the gagging of our media today don't really blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

You have posted everything but the real reason for 1916.
    Inform me.

Sure why would I need to, you're the expert :rolleyes:

fullstop wrote: »
    Sure why would I need to, you're the expert :rolleyes:

U are confused. Were you drinking with those protesters.
    I was referring to another poster, not you.

U are confused. Were you drinking with those protesters.
    I was referring to another poster, not you.

That's nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

jungleman wrote: »
    I was and am against Irish Water.

Always good to see political principles that are so profound they get discarded because of a delayed commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You have got to be fcuking joking.[/QUOTE

No. I am not.
    these modern day heroes are trying to stop the march of capitalism
    1916 heroes tried to stop the march of imperialism.
    In both cases the jacks done **** all but bitch about inconvenience.

Are they refusing to take any money off the state or use anything the state spends money on? Presumably they are all dressed in clothes they made themselves and eat only food they grow themselves or buy off the local farmers. Hope they dont have mobiles either.

Borrowing €5b a year to fund the country isnt doing a huge amount to stop the march of capitalism either.......

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

anncoates wrote: »
    Always good to see political principles that are so profound they get discarded because of a delayed commute.

Its possible to be against something without being a dick about it you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Patser wrote: »
    Our gallant allies in Europe.

That is brilliantly concise.

Bravo, sir (or Brava, madam)

Its possible to be against something without being a dick about it you know.

Thanks for that cogent analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Anyone who claims they would sit in traffic, happy and content just because another re-hash of the same protest is blocking them from getting home is an out and out liar.

Either that or the most patient, considerate man in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

How have they been discarded? In my OP, which you went to the bother of quoting but obviously hadn't bothered to actually read properly, I clearly stated that I was and still am against water charges.

How have they been discarded? In my OP, which you went to the bother of quoting but obviously hadn't bothered to actually read properly, I clearly stated that I was and still am against water charges.

But you weren't being enough of a complete dickhead about it though. Where's your passion ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's with all the mangled quoting of posts on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

They're dickheads with absolutely no consideration for anyone else. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

TallGlass wrote: »
    There just making a show of themselves. I get a right laugh out of there videos online. When they stick it to the Garda and the Garda stick it back to them. There was a gas video of a sergeant in which he gave just as good as he got, ended up the protesters ****ing off. [...]

Pretty sure this is the one you're on about. Brilliant video and made that bully Derek Byrne look like a right eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Sure they have fuck all of importance to do with their useless existences. Why would Eirigi tossers, guy fawkes wannabes and pseudo revolutionaries care about inconveniencing thousands of commuters, workers, students, shoppers and families trying to get home ?

Of course you'd let them know that to their faces right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    They're dickheads with absolutely no consideration for anyone else. Nuff said.
    Yes but enough about this government what's your opinion on the protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Let me guess, you were a faux-republican before it was cool?

You're as bad as that Fried Fish hipster from a few weeks back

I've checked out that post, and actually, he was a chipster, so you're wrong, and I'm right.

Had I been there or If they were preventing me from getting home yes. Most definitely. What is this exactly ? First My Name is URL now you ? Are we not allowed discuss it or something ? Should we add these gimps to the Sacred cows thread ? These fools are the type (and to paraphrase My Name is URL) to "Whine like a bitch" if the Gardai so much as fart at them + the obligatory "police brutality" youtube videos of grown men screaming a victim complex because the Gardai pushed back at them.

The OP got abuse off them for letting them know what the majority of Dublin thinks of them, so I doubt repeating the same thing would be of much use anyway.

• Advertisement

It's the protest he was talking about. But enough about those dickheads. Vote Sinn Fein.

Pretty sure this is the one you're on about. Brilliant video and made that bully Derek Byrne look like a right eejit.

Brilliant! Love the way he shows him up for the idiot he is. "I'm sure you'll get a bonus from Topaz ye" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had I been there or If they were preventing me from getting home yes. Most definitely. What is this exactly ? First My Name is URL now you ? Are we not allowed discuss it or something ? Should we add these gimps to the Sacred cows thread ? These fools are the type (and to paraphrase My Name is URL) to "Whine like a bitch" if the Gardai so much as fart at them + the obligatory "police brutality" youtube videos of grown men screaming a victim complex because the Gardai pushed back at them.

The OP got abuse off them for letting them know what the majority of Ireland thinks of them, so I doubt repeating the same thing would be of much use anyway.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

No. I am not.
    these modern day heroes are trying to stop the march of capitalism
    1916 heroes tried to stop the march of imperialism.
    In both cases the jacks done **** all but bitch about inconvenience.

modern day heros????

heros?

ah f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Clearly talking about the protestors, but I'm not surprised you tried to twist my words. Par for the course with this crowd, as seen in their hilarious videos.

Did you get home alright anyway or did you have to do a bear gryls in town and forage for survival?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Both yourself and my name is url have said similar things now. Are we to deduce that these people would not take too kindly to being confronted? How would they respond? Beatings? You are both saying that we need to be afraid to confront these people. They don't sound like ****ing heroes to me. They sound like ****ing thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Wacker and the knackers don't work so traffic disruption means nothing to them

Both yourself and my name is url have said similar things now. Are we to deduce that these people would not take too kindly to being confronted? How would they respond? Beatings? You are both saying that we need to be afraid to confront these people. They don't sound like ****ing heroes to me. They sound like ****ing thugs.

Just harness the spirit of JJ, Noel, Tommy et al, pick out the youngest and damage them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Did you get home alright anyway or did you have to do a bear gryls in town and forage for survival?

*Bear Grylls

I clearly stated in the OP that I was on my way to my girlfriend's place. I wasn't going home. Still having trouble reading the OP?

Advertisement