Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Charges Protest, O' Connell St

Options
  • 21-05-2015 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else been inconvenienced by the sit down protest on O' Connell St right now? After a crappy day (studying since 5am, exam went ****e) I was on my way to the missus for the evening. The 1 bus was just two minutes away from O' Connell St when that crowd decided to do a sit down protest and block all traffic around the bridge.

I was and am against Irish Water. But that shower of idiots aren't helping anything. Had a bit of an exchange with a couple of them and they were absolute scumbags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Sure they have fuck all of importance to do with their useless existences. Why would Eirigi tossers, guy fawkes wannabes and pseudo revolutionaries care about inconveniencing thousands of commuters, workers, students, shoppers and families trying to get home ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I've been a victim of those kinds of protests several times over the years- it's always the innocent people trying to go about their day who end up getting shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sure they have fuck all of importance to do with their useless existences. Why would Eirigi tossers, guy fawkes wannabes and pseudo revolutionaries care about inconveniencing thousands of commuters, workers, students, shoppers and families trying to get home ?

You should take a walk up and give them a piece of your mind instead of whining like a bitch on the internet about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

That was exactly the point I made to one of them, and I got a volley of abuse. I gave twice as much back. It's sad, they have completely taken over and ruined the anti Irish Water movement.

You should take a walk up and give them a piece of your mind instead of whining like a bitch on the internet about it

Ah right so anyone who doesn't agree with a shower of self entitled gob****es blocking traffic and people from getting home from the city center is whining like a bitch ? I'm sure you've "whined" about something or other in 20,000+ posts since you've been a member. Your arse sore from sitting on that tarmac all evening URL ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

jungleman wrote: »
    Has anyone else been inconvenienced by the sit down protest on O' Connell St right now? After a crappy day (studying since 5am, exam went ****e) I was on my way to the missus for the evening. The 1 bus was just two minutes away from O' Connell St when that crowd decided to do a sit down protest and block all traffic around the bridge.

I was and am against Irish Water. But that shower of idiots aren't helping anything. Had a bit of an exchange with a couple of them and they were absolute scumbags.

Shower of tossers should get the water cannon

Yeah, cause that would end well...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gardai should water cannon them to give them a wash, then pepper spray if they refuse to move, if that doesn't work then tear gas, if that doesn't work, just taser them and put them in stocks for inconvenienced people to throw rotten fish guts at them.
    Then water cannon them as they will need a wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tipparetops

Responses here are like the response of the jacks to the fighters in 1916.
    Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Responses here are like the response of the jacks to the fighters in 1916.
    Very sad.

You have got to be fcuking joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

RobertKK wrote: »
    Gardai should water cannon them to give them a wash, then pepper spray if they refuse to move, if that doesn't work then tear gas, if that doesn't work, just taser them and put them in stocks for inconvenienced people to throw rotten fish guts at them.
    Then water cannon them as they will need a wash.

Water cannon, then send them a bill for the water

Birneybau wrote: »
    You have got to be fcuking joking.

No. I am not.
    these modern day heroes are trying to stop the march of capitalism
    1916 heroes tried to stop the march of imperialism.
    In both cases the jacks done **** all but bitch about inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

No. I am not.

Would ya go away out of that. These are out of touch idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

No. I am not.

You need to re-visit your history books. 1916 was nothing to do with stopping the march of imperialism!

You have got to be fcuking joking.[/QUOTE

No. I am not.

Go on Home British soldiers go on home .... Have ye got no fuckin' homes of your own ? For 800 yeeeears ... we've fought you without fear and we'll fight you for 800 moooorreee, Sing along with me tipp

You need to re-visit your history books. 1916 was nothing to do with stopping the march of imperialism!

Please explain in 100 words or less. no links please.

Go on Home British soldiers go on home .... Have ye got no fuckin' homes of your own ? For 800 yeeeears ... we've fought you without fear and we'll fight you for 800 moooorreee, Sing along with me tipp

I dont sing that tat, nothing worse than over the top insincere patriotism.

No. I am not.

Modern day heroes, sitting down on O'Connell street? Right up there with Mick Collins and the like. Get a grip.

fullstop wrote: »
    Modern day heroes, sitting down on O'Connell street? Right up there with Mick Collins and the like. Get a grip.

would you have more respect for them if they shot a few people in front of their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I dont sing that tat, nothing worse than over the top insincere patriotism.

Let me guess, you were a faux-republican before it was cool?

You're as bad as that Fried Fish hipster from a few weeks back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

You have got to be fcuking joking.[/QUOTE

No. I am not.

Are you for real? There's nothing heroic about them. They're absolute scumbags, they did nothing but hurl abuse at me. Not that I care, I'm surprised they could even string words together. One of them got so drunk the ambulance had to cart him off.

It's pathetic you'd compare the 1916 heroes to these guys.

:)
    Go to the history forum , they would love to take you thru the detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

There just making a show of themselves. I get a right laugh out of there videos online. When they stick it to the Garda and the Garda stick it back to them. There was a gas video of a sergeant in which he gave just as good as he got, ended up the protesters ****ing off. Then a super who was fairly large himself, telling a large lady she would want to lose some weight. You could have made one of them, 'ohhhhh no you didn't' bitch slap videos that are on YouTube.

Then another fella trekking down the bog to meet some minister who wasn't in his office old to harass some young lad, who in the end told him he was just a civil servant and not a political member so your man left.

Started out a good cause now there just making a show of themselves and have lost there original goal. To me they have turn more into a group who keep on try to push the boundary's of the law to see how far they can get, before getting so footage of someone losing the rag then editing and putting it on YouTube.

would you have more respect for them if they shot a few people in front of their families.

Sure maybe some of them have, some of the ones I've seen at these protests anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Patser

Our gallant allies in Europe.

:)
    Go to the history forum , they would love to take you thru the detail.

You brought it up, now put up or shut up

jungleman wrote: »

Are you for real? There's nothing heroic about them. They're absolute scumbags, they did nothing but hurl abuse at me. Not that I care, I'm surprised they could even string words together. One of them got so drunk the ambulance had to cart him off.

It's pathetic you'd compare the 1916 heroes to these guys.

Stereotype much. Classic

Actually, you first falsley claimed that 1916 was about stopping the march of imperialism!

Let me guess, you were a faux-republican before it was cool?

YES, you are correct. I have actually aided the cause.

I once bought washed diesel.

• Advertisement

You brought 1916 into it. It was simply pointed out to you how ludicrous that was :):)

Advertisement