Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your cure for a hangover?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Strawberry Yazoo the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Best cure for hangover?
    Get yourself arrested, you'll sober up pretty fast.
    Frame your charge sheet, itll serve as a permanent reminder to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How much would ye drink to be able to go for a run the day after, if you drank 12 pints of Heineken and 7 or 8 shots of gin and bitter would ye still go for a run

It be a struggle. Hardly early the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

How much would ye drink to be able to go for a run the day after, if you drank 12 pints of Heineken and 7 or 8 shots of gin and bitter would ye still go for a run
    I wouldn't drink that much in a million years. I'd drink three pints max on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I wouldn't drink that much in a million years. I'd drink three pints max on a night out.

3 pints is very moderate drinking, Woke. One could suggest that it isn’t even worth your while to be honest. Know lads who’d have 3 pints drank within the first hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

A definition of hangover is required , many of the cures posted are for that listlessness after a few pints , my definition of a hangover is inability to leave the bed and intermittent boking.

3 pints is very moderate drinking, Woke. One could suggest that it isn’t even worth your while to be honest. Know lads who’d have 3 pints drank within the first hour.
    I have better things to do than sit around poisoning myself. I presume these lads you know would probably be at least three stone overweight as well, with those disgusting thick legs sedentary people have melting over their barstools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I think most of the responses here aren't really cures, they're more support mechanisms.

Ice cold orchard thieves, it really is the ultimate hangover cure. Has everything you need, sugar, alcohol, fluids and refreshment. Drink a can and then get the second one open and start into a massive fry after the 3rd can a decision needs to be made - stop drinking or head to the pub and get on the Guinness

If you can get to the pub getting straight on good Guinness is also a great cure the first half pint is a bit harder work the orchard thieves though.

If drinking isn't an option then a fry/breakfast roll and mountains of tea with bottle of coke to hand also but the fact is the only way to really cure a hangover is to have "the cure" i.e. more drink.

I wouldn't even consider 3 pints as drinking never mind say its a night out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I'm off it 16 year's now, and it's a long hangover....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Ice old orchard thieves, it really is the ultimate hangover cure. Has everything you need, sugar, alcohol, fluids and refreshment. Drink a can and then get the second one open and start into a massive fry after the 3rd can a decision needs to be made - stop drinking or head to the pub and get on the Guinness

If you can get to the pub getting straight on good Guinness is also a great cure the first half pint is a bit harder work the orchard thieves though.

If drinking isn't an option then a fry/breakfast roll and mountains of tea with bottle of coke to hand also but the fact is the only way to really cure a hangover is to have "the cure" i.e. more drink.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Drop two solpadeine, one berocca, and a sachet of Diroalyte into a pint glass and fill with water. Drink (slowly) and go back to bed. Don't even attempt the **** for at least an hour.

Ice old orchard thieves, it really is the ultimate hangover cure. Has everything you need, sugar, alcohol, fluids and refreshment. Drink a can and then get the second one open and start into a massive fry after the 3rd can a decision needs to be made - stop drinking or head to the pub and get on the Guinness

I wouldn't even consider 3 pints as drinking never mind say its a night out.
    https://www.alcoholicsanonymous.ie/

Get up early and put on your Speedos and jump off Doolin pier, the locals swear by it....

If you're living in the east coast you've the advantage of colder water.

Supposedly you'll be fizzing all day and refreshed.

Obviously you need to know how to swim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Abstinence.

Isn't that still illegal here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Going by this thread were a nation of codeine dependents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

An Ex of mine had a fool proof one (or so she said)

McDonalds, a poo, and a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Cyclepath wrote: »
    Drop two solpadeine, one berocca, and a sachet of Diroalyte into a pint glass and fill with water. Drink (slowly) and go back to bed. Don't even attempt the **** for at least an hour.

Is the hour waiting period for everyone or only those operating “heavy machinery”?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

effervescent painkiller + effervescent multivitamin in a pint of water. a bowl or two of a sour eastern european style soup. cured!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Then you're not really hungover, if you get hungover after 3 pints you must have a very low tolerance to alcohol, no one runs after a good session and a real hangover

• Advertisement

An Ex of mine had a fool proof one (or so she said)

McDonalds, a poo, and a pint

I'd say eating **** would definitely be a permanent hangover cure....

Why would I drink again if I have to eat a poo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Jumping into the sea is the best cure. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

3 pints hahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Cyclepath wrote: »

I can concur this is your only man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

This is full proof for me.

Two/Three Bananas, 1 litre of water. Almost brand new by lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

3 or 4 **** the morning after does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

A good breakfast a tommy tank and about 6 cold pints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Yesterday I had my first hangover since St. Patrick's Day 2017. And it was BAD.

Black tea and dry toast. As much water as I could drink. It's weird though - I find water kinda nauseating in that situation. Maybe it's the chlorine.

Lots of sleep if possible... and finally, a Deliveroo about 7pm containing plenty of carbs, fat, salt, sugar and caffeine. Unthinkable usually but I felt wonderful afterwards - got lots of housework and organising done, and most importantly, felt grand for work this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The only hangover cure is to wait for the alcohol to be fully expelled from your system and then get a proper night’s sleep. Boring, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Dioralyte and crackers
    It's a horrible drink but if you can keep it down it will help

Advertisement