Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early Summer: Noticeably warmer from Saturday (24th March)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

The Fohn effect in play right now at Casement.

Reaching 18c at 11am and yesterday that would have been 18c at 10am.

Quite the temperature for March 25th

sea breeze blowing and warming across Dublin/wicklow mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

15.2C in Cork City now, skies are a slightly hazy blue.
    Large cluster of stations to the north and north west of the Wicklow Mts showing temps of 18-20C. As mentioned, Fohn effect most likely at play.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

18 here in Athlone. Mostly clear blue skies, bit of haze to the south. Feels a tad cooler in the breeze but its very pleasant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

what a fantastic day, long may this continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The "ya-boo" colder snap that Musicman2000 mentioned has been downgraded as things stand. It looks like we will just about stay on the warm side of the divide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

mike65 wrote: »
    The "ya-boo" colder snap that Musicman2000 mentioned has been downgraded as things stand. It looks like we will just about stay on the warm side of the divide.

Would say the nights will be frosty? I'd take cooler dry sunny days over any Atlantic muck we usually have. Its as nice outside today as a summers day we are used to. Glourious. Kids are all playing outside, its a great feel good factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

good call Darkman, its absolutely sweltering here .... over 24c... Beautiful day :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Great call on this one folks , be gorer b'gosh she be 22.4 c in my backyard in Newbridge !

Just finished off the first BBQ of the season ! Long may it continue :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Absolutely stunning here as well, 21.5C and not a cloud in the sky :cool:

20C at Finner & Casement but only 13C at Cork and Roaches Point, the sea breeze on the south coast having a big effect, barely a breath of wind here thankfully

• Advertisement

Incase anyone missed it, Scotland beat it's March max temperature record today with 22.3C in Fyvie Castle in Aberdeenshire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

20c at Malin Head which is a new March record for there beating 19c on March 28th 1965.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

19.5 in Malin I think. 15z UTC is 16:00 our time. 19.7 in Ballyhaise though. See the 10xxx value here where xxx = Temp in nn.n

http://www.ogimet.com/ultimos_synops.php?lang=en&estado=Irel&fmt=html&Send=Send

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Currently 22.3 in South Kerry,
    Happy with that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

21.5c in Omagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

mike65 wrote: »

Fantastic day Mike should keep yourself happy:) and long may it last but as I said enjoy next week because its not going to last come april, the models are going to flip and flop over the next week, I think we could be in for a shock in April MT is hinting at this also and the UKMO update for april.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Great weather alright. But what caused that strange cloud going from clare up to armagh? Glad it stayed away from Galway city anyway, got to use the bbq, hopefully not the only chance to use it this year!

197596.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Car thermo showed 24c for a while at 3 counties cross, suspect this non scientific method may be flawed. Also the speedometer stopped working...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Beautiful day here in Mayo. I get an irrational love of this island when the sun is out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The official March record of 23.6c at Trinity College Dublin, March 28th 1965 should be broken this week with the fine spell continuing. :cool:
    I think it will be broken at Valentia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭compsys

Fantastic day Mike should keep yourself happy:) and long may it last but as I said enjoy next week because its not going to last come april, the models are going to flip and flop over the next week, I think we could be in for a shock in April MT is hinting at this also and the UKMO update for april.

Judging by the winter just gone I think it's a bit premature to be talking about upcoming 'cold' spells to be honest.

I don't know how many times the models, MT and even the UKMO hinted at cold weather this past winter only for it never to materialise (for Ireland at least).

The next 5 to 6 days are still showing great weather and above average temperatures. Anything after that is FI as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

20.2 C at Finner was the warmest to day, followed by 19.9 at Valentia and 19.8 at Casement.
    I got 24.5C in my garden, which shows the effect of urban locations.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Phoenix Park got to 20.3c.

Max of 19.3c here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

beautiful sunny day although had a bit of coastal breeze so probably only got 17/18c but i aint complaining :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The really surprising bit is that the temperature is still high even though the sun has set. There is no sign yet of the chill that one would normally associate with clear skies.

Max of 16.6C in Cork city, equalling the max of the year set on March 1st. Definitely more to come during the week though. I just hope the good weather last after my dissertation is handed in on Thursday!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Phoenix Park got to 20.3c.

Where did you get that info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

Su Campu wrote: »
    Where did you get that info?

Gerry Murphy mentioned it on ME's weather forecast after the 6 news on RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭highdef

Discodog wrote: »
    The really surprising bit is that the temperature is still high even though the sun has set. There is no sign yet of the chill that one would normally associate with clear skies.

There's a chill where I am in rural inland Kildare. Already down to 6.9 but it was an amazingly warm day with temps into the 20's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭compsys

The 'micro climate' that is Dublin Airport is in full swing as is usual on nights like this. 6c at the airport now and 12c only a few miles away at Casement.

It was a pretty awfull day at Belmullet apparently, with 900 mm of rain in 12 hours!!!!

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynop?lang=en&esc=2&nav=Yes&lat=55N&lon=005W&proy=orto&base=bluem&ano=2012&mes=03&day=25hora=18&vr2=R2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭pauldry

snowing now in dublin airport :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I had a high of 22.7 on my weather station today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Got to 21-22C by the lake here in wall to wall sunshine:cool: and I've got 2 big red ears to prove it:rolleyes:

20.7C max at Phoenix Park according to Gerry Murphy on RTE just now

Still 11.6C here and feeling very mild out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Northern Ireland reached 20.9 C at Ballykelly according to Met UK.

Heres the highest temps from met eireann.

3pYd8l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Pangea wrote: »
    Northern Ireland reached 20.9 C at Ballykelly according to Met UK.

Heres the highest temps from met eireann.

I'm only 4 miles from Ballykelly and had a 22.7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I'm only 4 miles from Ballykelly and had a 22.7
    Thanks.
    Do you have adequate protection from sunlight over your thermometer?
    If its not protected enough it will read higher.

Up to 14.5C already in Cork. Hopeful of beating the 16.6C from yesterday, though with a minimum of 8.6C this morning, it's unlikely to be the warmest mean day of the year so far. I wonder if this is our summer:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i got 22.6 yesterday and finner got 20.2 , considdering my home made sun shield and the fact i'm bit further inland that difference is close enough for me.

5 degrees coming in this morning cold enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Google said 18 in Kilkenny yesterday. Didnt really feel like it with the wind but its still lovely to have. I am skeptical with all these 20C temps that people are posting here. Im not one to talk though as I know little or nothing :pac:

There's a website with details of near-real time data of weather conditions based in Omagh, and yesterday it reached a peak of 21.5 degrees, worth following for me locally during unusual weather especially as the closest main Met Office weather station is Castlederg about 15 miles away and conditions can change over short distances here in western Tyrone.

Looking at it now, it might break 21 degrees again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sitting in the garden here outside newry 18.8 degrees having an ice cold can of coke and looking at the Cooley and mourne mountains keep telling myself it's only march

Hasn't warmed up too much in Cork city, just 15.4C now. At least we have blue skies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Unbelievable weather in Kerry today. Not a puff of wind or a cloud in the sky all day, havnt checked but i'd say it definitely hit 20 degrees or so:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Once again the sun trap that is my back yard is showing a blistering 23.2c!!! Not at home to check it against the mercuary guage to see how it compares. Either way another glorious day out there folks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not as warm here as yesterday. Max (so far) of 16.7c. Recorded a RH of 31% earlier.

Currently 18.2c ATM on my thermometer, clear blue skies. What's even more interesting for me is that the hygrometer is giving a humidity measurement of just 38% - pretty uncommon to see humidity that low here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Another Cracker in Newbridge today , got higher than Yesterday with today maxing out at 24.2

20.3C max here, not quite as high as yesterday but no noticeable difference. The humidity is really noticeable, my throat kept drying up as I was walking home, got as low as 36% here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can't believe how quiet it is here with near record temperatures for march being set if it was record low temperatures for march this place would be buzzing with snow bunnies

• Advertisement
Advertisement