Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway constantly forgetting items from order

Options
  • 29-07-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What do you do if your takeaway is constantly forgetting items from orders. 3 times recently, our local chipper has left us short a single of chips. Now I know you might say, "it's only chips", but it's someones dinner. I feel awful ringing up to complain, but they have been pushing back recently saying "I packed the order myself, and everything was in there". They often take 30+ minutes to redeliver something.

We don't want to stop ordering (especially now) as its a local, and we really love the food. But this is getting very annoying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Hi,

What do you do if your takeaway is constantly forgetting items from orders. 3 times recently, our local chipper has left us short a single of chips. Now I know you might say, "it's only chips", but it's someones dinner. I feel awful ringing up to complain, but they have been pushing back recently saying "I packed the order myself, and everything was in there". They often take 30+ minutes to redeliver something.

We don't want to stop ordering (especially now) as its a local, and we really love the food. But this is getting very annoying.

Check the order in front of driver

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

And pay by cash, gives that bit more incentive for them not to be shorting you if it is a regular thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

What do I do if a takeaway is repeatedly shorts me over multiple orders? I stop using them.

Youve called them out on it, they don't seem fussed so at this stage you can either accept that you're going to be shafted or vote with your feet.

Not all businesses deserve support.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you tipping the delivery guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

The same thing happened us a few years ago and like yourself we complained a few times but it continued, a new place opened and we tried it out and never looked back. I met the owner after a he asked me did I stop eating out and I replied no just got sick of being given incorrect delivery! I still wouldn't go back near him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭antimatterx

coylemj wrote: »

No. I'm giving a constant flow of business, and a delivery fee.

No. I'm giving a constant flow of business, and a delivery fee.
    That's completely up to you, but the driver may get none of it. Not that it really matters. If the food is not put in the bag, it's not in the bag.

Maybe start tipping the driver and ask him politely to check the ejits on the counter actually did it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

That's completely up to you, but the driver may get none of it. Not that it really matters. If the food is not put in the bag, it's not in the bag.

Maybe start tipping the driver and ask him politely to check the ejits on the counter actually did it right?

He'll certainly get the delivery fee as well as a shift payment

It's a bit difficult, as they always seem rushed around.

And pay by cash, gives that bit more incentive for them not to be shorting you if it is a regular thing

I never have cash. I can't remember the last time I did tbh.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    He'll certainly get the delivery fee as well as a shift payment
    Certainly?

My friend doesnt. How do you know "certainly". Did you ask him?

BeardySi wrote: »
    What do I do if a takeaway is repeatedly shorts me over multiple orders? I stop using them.

Youve called them out on it, they don't seem fussed so at this stage you can either accept that you're going to be shafted or vote with your feet.

Not all businesses deserve support.

I know this is probably the correct answer, but we do enjoy the food from the place, and we have been going there for about 6 years.

Truckermal wrote: »
    The same thing happened us a few years ago and like yourself we complained a few times but it continued, a new place opened and we tried it out and never looked back. I met the owner after a he asked me did I stop eating out and I replied no just got sick of being given incorrect delivery! I still wouldn't go back near him..

The other takeaways in the are are poor quality, which has us stuck.

The other takeaways in the are are poor quality, which has us stuck.
    Either keep complaining, or move to cash. That way they will have to wait while you check it at the door. If it's wrong, send it back unpaid.

Certainly?

My friend doesnt. How do you know "certainly". Did you ask him?

So your mate is a charity delivery man?

So your mate is a charity delivery man?

No, he is on an hourly rate. He does not get any of the delivery charge. It is tips that lift him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd go in get order yourself and watch them filling the bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Do a chargeback on your credit card next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

It's a bit difficult, as they always seem rushed around.

"Hang on there two seconds pal, it's been wrong the last three times I've ordered."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I'd ring Joe Duffy about it

It's scandalous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    I'd ring Joe Duffy about it

It's scandalous

It is, OP is essentially being consistently robbed and then fobbed off.

I found McDonald was exactly like this... haven't eaten that dirt since 2001

No, he is on an hourly rate. He does not get any of the delivery charge. It is tips that lift him up.

Is he on minimum wage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

I found McDonald was exactly like this... haven't eaten that dirt since 2001

McDonalds did home deliveries back in 2001?

The last time I was in Ireland I went to a McDonalds and got multiple orders to take away, got back to the hotel and discovered that one of the burgers was not in the bag. Went back the next day with the receipt to complain and they refunded the entire order along with an apology, was almost 50 euro's worth of food so was more than happy with their service. Will definitely be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

:
    coylemj wrote: »

Maybe he tips himself a bag of chips each time.

Is he on minimum wage?

I don't think 'self employed contractors' get that. A lot of delivery people are given feck all and tips make it up. Last year dominoes got caught shafting their guys.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/domino-s-pizza-drivers-must-be-treated-as-paye-workers-franchisee-told-1.4121699

SuperS54 wrote: »
    McDonalds did home deliveries back in 2001?

The last time I was in Ireland I went to a McDonalds and got multiple orders to take away, got back to the hotel and discovered that one of the burgers was not in the bag. Went back the next day with the receipt to complain and they refunded the entire order along with an apology, was almost 50 euro's worth of food so was more than happy with their service. Will definitely be back!

No meant when sent through drive thru, parts of order would be missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭wassie

Hi, What do you do if your takeaway is constantly forgetting items from orders....

Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

wassie wrote: »
    Am I missing something here?

a bag of chips for starters.

• Advertisement

a bag of chips for starters.
    soup for starters, not chips.

Advertisement