Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway constantly forgetting items from order

Options
2»

Comments

I know this is probably the correct answer, but we do enjoy the food from the place, and we have been going there for about 6 years.

Maybe start going again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Maybe start going again :pac:

Don't get it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There must be more restaurants around you? Since you get delivered cannot you not just switch to a better one?
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Don't get it. :o
    Eat in, don't get delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

biko wrote: »
    There must be more restaurants around you? Since you get delivered cannot you not just switch to a better one?

Eat in, don't get delivered.

It's a takeaway and they didn't get it delivered. Joke doesn't work.

But I'd go elsewhere myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Eat healthy food

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hubertj wrote: »
    Eat healthy food

Useful posts only please

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Ah yes. When the pizza place forgets your garlic dip or the Chinese leaves you short the curry sauce with your spice bag you're going to be very upset.

And Rightfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

L1011 wrote: »
    Useful posts only please

Apologies. It would be cheaper and more healthy to make your own chips. A few potatoes chopped up, some olive oil and salt. Far healthier and cheaper option than fried food.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Apologies. It would be cheaper and more healthy to make your own chips. A few potatoes chopped up, some olive oil and salt. Far healthier and cheaper option than fried food.

Potatoes are high in carbs, olive oil is HUUUGE in fat and calories, and salt is full of sodium.

I should also add, Sure! It's unhealthy to eat chipper, I can't stand chipper. But people (Even me, enjoy bad food.)

Honestly, If you're looking for proper healthy homemade chipper, just buy a sweet potato, chop her up, put on the pan, few cups of water (So she doesn't stick) and enjoy all that blandness taste.

Ugh, I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I get your point of course, but everyone knows home cooking is cheaper and most of the time healthier, but people enjoy a take-away on the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Eat healthy food

ah life is short , you could get hit by a bus tomorrow.
    Seriously though , do you think you're actually adding anything to the thread here , it's not like the original poster is going to say , "My God you're right ..that was the actual problem all along" .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,939 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

One of the pluses of take away fast food which is delivered to you is the fact that the most labor intensive part is dialing their phone number. I’d get a takeaway delivered every Friday after work. There be fûck all chance I’m walking in the door after a tough week and starting to peel potatoes and whatever else, then standing over a cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cooking every day is great and all, but you still have to clean the pots, etc, after you eat. Sometimes, a treat from the local chipper avoids a lot of the cleaning up.

=-=

OP: can you order a collection, and see if you get all of the order then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

If you are not happy with the service, then go elsewhere.

If you dont want to go elsewhere and like their food, then accepting missing items is your option or checking it at the door as it arrives.

You cant make them improve their service, that's within their control, so it's either accept it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

We had that with our local supermacs/papa johns almost every delivery would be short cookies or chicken wrap maybe both. Had to ring every time and big palaver where we always got the impression that we were pulling a fast one.
    I stopped ordering online, ordered over the phone the next time checked order at the door with the delivery driver, short a taco fries this time but being charged full whack yet , sent the whole order back unpaid for.
    Manager rang perplexed and insisted he was resending the order this time complete and was inexplicably implying that it was totally unreasonable of us to expect to get our complete order in one trip on a Saturday night.
    Delivery man arrived again while I was on the phone and I politely refused him again. The order was €60+.
    We haven’t used them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah used to have it happen me with Dominoes a bit, would order garlic bread and a pizza and one of those large garlic and herb dips (which is the best part). Happened once that they forget the dip, rang up and staff member said he would give five euro credit on the next order. Happened again a few weeks later, rang up and got offered five euros credit, said I didnt want it but I did want the garlic dip. Driver had to be sent out again with a single dip. They didnt forget it again after that.

If takeaways implemented a system of the driver checking the receipt against whats in the bag then it shouldnt happen. One staff member filling the bag can make a mistake but by getting the driver to check it then it would act as a failsafe for when mistakes get made.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah used to have it happen me with Dominoes a bit, would order garlic bread and a pizza and one of those large garlic and herb dips (which is the best part). Happened once that they forget the dip, rang up and staff member said he would give five euro credit on the next order. Happened again a few weeks later, rang up and got offered five euros credit, said I didnt want it but I did want the garlic dip. Driver had to be sent out again with a single dip. They didnt forget it again after that.

If takeaways implemented a system of the driver checking the receipt against whats in the bag then it shouldnt happen. One staff member filling the bag can make a mistake but by getting the driver to check it then it would act as a failsafe for when mistakes get made.

How's the driver supposed to know what's inside the bag?

Or the bags inside the bags :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Dominoes drivers are supposed to check the order for missing boxes before leaving the store. Each label is consecutive so if it goes to 5, you should have 5 boxes. All they are supposed to do is count them. Not look inside them.

However, when the pressure is on, mistakes are made. The issue here is they are doing in quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How's the driver supposed to know what's inside the bag?

Or the bags inside the bags :pac:

yeah not easy I know but they should have some sort of system to check. Its more preferable doing that than pissing off customers and then for the driver having to make a loss making return trip with the missing item(s).

Better again for the staff to not make mistakes in the first place but when they do it would be preferable for it to be picked up upon by the driver to save later hassle for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Nobody else going to point out that the obvious problem with the suggestion "send it all back if something is missing" is that you're then left hungry for maybe another hour or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Nobody else going to point out that the obvious problem with the suggestion "send it all back if something is missing" is that you're then left hungry for maybe another hour or more?

We have so many takeaways in our town that you can just get something else quite quickly. It’s takeaway city here in Thurles. Takeaways bookies and hairdressers. Like Las Vegas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement