Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left job

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cerateau

Absolute snowflake material, leave the job grand but looking for pay etc after the way you treated them

Yes I'm a snowflake because I won't be used as free labor.

Older Irish people seem to love being slaves to their employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Absolute snowflake material, leave the job grand but looking for pay etc after the way you treated them

I don't know what sort of business it is but I guarantee the employer wouldn't let an invoice for 400e slide

Your logic is flawed. You (rightly) believe your employer needs to pay you by law.

You need your pay to be processed by law. You will earn a credit, and the employer will pay ER PRSI - just over €50.

Taxation is cumulative, so it needs to be added to the other employment you earn with you new employer. You may not pay much tax, but you'll likely pay some.

For your own sake get getting paid under the counter out of your head, btw, IF you were getting paid fraudulently they aren't likely want to leave an obvious paper/electronic trail by paying by EFT would they?

That last question is rhetorical ;)

You're wrong if you don't think that it isn't common practice for employers in Ireland to dodge the higher rate of PRSI by paying part cash in hand. I have had previous employments like so.
    Thought I was doing a favor by suggesting a very simple resolution.

I meant I'd need to earn 13,000 before I started seeing deduction and even then I'd have credits so no, I won't pay tax.

One other thing on the PPSN - No way should an employer pay someone without a PPSN number if they've walked out the door. You'd only do that for someone you expect are staying. Nightmare trying to reconcile afterwards. Why would you?

One other thing on the PPSN - No way should an employer pay someone without a PPSN number if they've walked out the door. You'd only do that for someone you expect are staying. Nightmare trying to reconcile afterwards. Why would you?

If they weren't meant to be open under level 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why do so many people fall for these trolling threads.

No-one could be as naïve as the Op is making themselves out to be.

Nothing whatsoever adds up and people believe it.

it is a cock and bull re-regged member having a laugh

Darc19 wrote: »
    Why do so many people fall for these trolling threads.

No-one could be as naïve as the Op is making themselves out to be.

Nothing whatsoever adds up and people believe it.

it is a cock and bull re-regged member having a laugh

Yes I get great entertainment from this clown

Dont forget to get your AL entitlement.

I still don't know if this was sarcasm though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

cerateau wrote: »
    I still don't know if this was sarcasm though

Maybe the answer will be in the card with your going away present

You're wrong if you don't think that it isn't common practice for employers in Ireland to dodge the higher rate of PRSI by paying part cash in hand.

What's the point of debating whether it's common practice. I said he was not going to make it obvious.

I've assumed you were a third level student or are you still in school?

• Advertisement

or are you still in school?
    Primary is my guess

Collie D wrote: »

Are gold watches still a thing?

Primary is my guess

He/She/They are refusing/unable to understand a very basic concept,

They think because their tax credits will cover this week's salary they think they dont have to bother going through payroll.

Shur, that's grand so. I wonder when they go in to demand their money will they also demand it in a brown envelope?

He/She/They are refusing/unable to understand a very basic concept,

They think because their tax credits will cover this week's salary they think they dont have to bother going through payroll.

Shur, that's grand so. I wonder when they go in to demand their money will they also demand it in a brown envelope?
    But he is a troll.

There was no job.

It is made up bullsh1t.

I suspect it's a fairly regular troll as the style is very similar to previous acts of stupidity.

OP, the next time you choose to quit without giving any notice or providing a PPS number, remember to walk out the door with a laptop or something of similar value to cover your pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Collie D wrote: »

Why so hostile?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

I was thinking I'd give them to the next pay period so next week to do something.

I will report them both to Revenue and WRC if it's not resolved by next week then.

I will send them another email because I need a paper trail and can't stand talking to him and explaining myself because he doesn't deserve any explanation.

Sounds like your just scared to speak to your manager face to face and want to hide behind a computer sending emails treating them .By them not replying you are going to have to go in and face them like a professional worker and grow a pair, become part of the real world

But he is a troll.

There was no job.

It is made up bullsh1t.

I suspect it's a fairly regular troll as the style is very similar to previous acts of stupidity.

Just checked their first post (under this name) and it doesn't ring true with the other posts.

I presume lockdown boredom is the reason.

Someone twigged it earlier with the 'things that didn't happen' post😁

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

timeToLive wrote: »
    Why so hostile?

I was just helping the OP understand sarcasm. Only a joke.

For what it’s worth I agree he should be paid but he needs to help the employer help him.

I’ve asked for a timeline and got no reply though. Has payday been and gone? More than one payday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

This poor lad is going to end up as the general secretary of the ASTI at some point unfortunalty.

OP there is no need for such a me vs them attitude towards an employer, unless you plan to spend your working life on welfare you are going to have to work within the employer employee dynamic.

You also need to keep in mind that when one party to the dynamic gets things wrong it does not create an excuss for the other party to do wrong.

Quite frankly, you need to forget about the legislative approch to dealing with it as the time and effort will most likley result in costing you multiples of your un-paid wages. that is not to say you should not be paid but that by dealing with your former employer personally is the best bet on getting paid.

Call and speak to them, follow up with email. Or call into the workplace and speak to them then follow up with email.

I once walked out on a job after three days when i just did not want the job any longer. I was fortunate to be in the position where I did not have to rely on the wages and i also had no phone number for my manager, so i went in early and told him I wasn't going to keep the job and not to worry about getting wages over to me. he was less then happy about it and pleaded with me to work that night but I had made my decision and he understood that. To be clear I am just detailing how i did it and not saying that everybody should handle such a situation like i did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This approach is no longer legal. Employers are now required to confirm the correct tax before paying the employee.

If they give you an invalid PPSN, they wait for their money.

So much incorrect information in this thread.

An employer CAN pay an employee without a PPSN. They just need to make the submission with the employee's date of birth and address. The employee will be charged at the highest rate of emergency tax (i.e. no tax credits/bands) so will be paying 52% tax/USC/PRSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Deeec

So much incorrect information in this thread.

An employer CAN pay an employee without a PPSN. They just need to make the submission with the employee's date of birth and address. The employee will be charged at the highest rate of emergency tax (i.e. no tax credits/bands) so will be paying 52% tax/USC/PRSI.

I doubt the OP has given the employer his address or DOB considering they didnt give the employer their PPS. You dont have to put this info on a CV so its probable the employer doesnt have the address or DOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Deeec wrote: »
    I doubt the OP has given the employer his address or DOB considering they didnt give the employer their PPS. You dont have to put this info on a CV so its probable the employer doesnt have the address or DOB.

That's fair, but regardless there are still dozens of posts saying that an employee can't be paid without a PPSN which I felt needed to be corrected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Beatty69

You're wrong if you don't think that it isn't common practice for employers in Ireland to dodge the higher rate of PRSI by paying part cash in hand. I have had previous employments like so.
    Thought I was doing a favor by suggesting a very simple resolution.

I meant I'd need to earn 13,000 before I started seeing deduction and even then I'd have credits so no, I won't pay tax.

Ah bless, I give up. If this is not a troll then it's quite a sad indictment of youth today.

You WILL PAY TAX if you have not provided your PPS number and registered as being employed. So 52% will be deducted whether or not you like it son because that's the way the world works when you don't do what you're supposed to do with the revenue.

Would people please stop feeding the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I honestly dont think he is a troll.

Cut your losses OP.

WRC route is pointless. More time than its worth and a very long backlog.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Wonder if he ever picked up to phone to see what the issue was....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Good laugh this thread

Advertisement