Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Who ya telling, next they will have us writing an essay on how we will find a job.And if we don't do that LINES "I must do what I am told"

Tell them you’re dyslexic and they’ll have to provide a scribe. They’d be required to provide ‘reasonable accommodations’!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DeadString

I have a phone call/meeting with Seetec this week. I thought this scam was wound up
    surely its not fit for purpose? I wont be signing any contract with them as its patently illegal.
    I will have to agree and engage with them as its mandatory or have payments cut.

Living alone, long term unemployed in the midst of a pandemic, I need mental health advise not harassment by this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

Let us know how you get on and try not loose the cool with them like I did the first day.Ask the person on the phone who they are working for CENIT etc etc as Seetec are getting other training companies to do their dirty work.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Unfortunately having to deal with this lot again,even thou I'm working Part time and looking for Full time employment.Refused to give them any personal info or sign anything after what they done the last time.Found my own job by my own accord with no help from them and somehow the found where I worked and harrased my employer for details to claim they found me the job.A private company who intimidates and bullies individuals.Anyone else been reintroduced to this lot for the second or third time?Any details or feelings welcome.

Not true. They are a great service and there for you when you needed them.

When is your next call with them ? How are you suppose to do courses in the times we live in ? at home is it ? their "courses" are stupid anyway.

No they are not. They have your best interests at stake.

• Advertisement

Let us know how you get on and try not loose the cool with them like I did the first day.Ask the person on the phone who they are working for CENIT etc etc as Seetec are getting other training companies to do their dirty work.

Your attitude is the problem, not SEETEC, they are not engaged in dirty work.

When is your next call with them ? How are you suppose to do courses in the times we live in ? at home is it ? their "courses" are stupid anyway.

Unfortunately having to deal with this lot again,even thou I'm working Part time and looking for Full time employment.Refused to give them any personal info or sign anything after what they done the last time.Found my own job by my own accord with no help from them and somehow the found where I worked and harrased my employer for details to claim they found me the job.A private company who intimidates and bullies individuals.Anyone else been reintroduced to this lot for the second or third time?Any details or feelings welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

like any other private company,they have their own best interests at stake , that is to make moola and loads of it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Have or do you work for this shower? How you come to this conclusion is mystifying, hard to know we're to begin so I won't but I can absolutely assure you they are NOT a great service and are certainly not there when needed.

Google search Seetac, Turas Nua complaints, harassment, Public accounts committee, you'll get all the answers you require on this charade known as Jobs Path.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Your attitude is the problem, not SEETEC, they are not engaged in dirty work.

Seetac & Turas Nua are engaged in only one thing, FEE'S and will stop at nothing to achieve same. I've been down the road, I've successfully lodged complaints as have my employer, I've also successfully made referrals to the DPC and recieved grovelling apologies for quite disgraceful and appalling behaviour. I'm just astonished either are still actually functioning albeit both have pretty much closed their offices and let lots of staff go, how Ironic that it is.

My attitude is fine.I will cope with something I don't believe to be correct, but for many when they are under so much pressure ,what this company does is just not helping.You have your opinion,I have mine.You don't have to justify anything Dempco,your input has been helpful and we'll thought out.Infact we could do with more posters like yourself.

My attitude is fine.I will cope with something I don't believe to be correct, but for many when they are under so much pressure ,what this company does is just not helping.You have your opinion,I have mine.You don't have to justify anything Dempco,your input has been helpful and we'll thought out.Infact we could do with more posters like yourself.

You'll always get single posts baiting a reaction from those who've limited knowledge of the subject matter of a thread, I've no issue refuting nonsense :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

At my last appointment the lady typed in to the computer that I had done courses in building self confidence, communication and interview skills. These were areas I had identified myself that I need help in. I pointed out to her that I hadn’t done any courses and this was bull. She said never mind that, it’s a note for our own records. I should have been on disability allowance the whole time anyway. I had outlined my personal circumstances to them several times and they never once suggested I was on the wrong payment. Two minutes into a similar conversation with a case officer had her giving me forms for DA and telling me what to include in the application. Job path was at best a massive, massive waste of my time.

Baiting,now you have it.Anyway back to the main topic.I would love to see an employer who is been subject to phone call after phone call taking things further.Even thou this crowd have been taken to court by individuals how is this still going on.Brown envelopes being passed around somewhere.

Baiting,now you have it.Anyway back to the main topic.I would love to see an employer who is been subject to phone call after phone call taking things further.Even thou this crowd have been taken to court by individuals how is this still going on.Brown envelopes being passed around somewhere.

It's not about brown envelopes as such, numerous cases of clients actually in jobs (Claiming reduced hours) or who've found jobs through their own efforts. The model that these two companies work off is Fee's are only payable if They assist in getting a job or the client signs off SW, They will go too extraordinary lengths to claim credit but need either the client or employer to sign off, SW will only pay fee if these companies succeed in placing someone in a position, they get no fee if they didn't. I know from my own experience, they chose the wrong employer to harass and it cost one of these shower dearly.

Other fees are mainly admin fees and require specific interactions, they also get over head costs, staffing, equipment etc and some of their offices are actually in government buildings so I assume substantial rent reductions or none at all.

In essence, Government have spent in excess of €100 million to 2 private recruitment agencies one not even incorporated in Ireland but is ultimately controlled by FRS, so they can essentially hire staff and run large offices which I've no doubt, Jobs Path is only a fraction of what goes on from these offices. A successs rate of 12% I believe and only covering employment of 12 months.

I just don't get it and more extraordinary is they've essentially had a fraction of staff working from home plaguing people weekly over the phone along with the fact who's actually been hiring for the past 12 months.

like any other private company,they have their own best interests at stake , that is to make moola and loads of it

The modus operandi of all businesses is to make money and they provide a great service in doing so.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Have or do you work for this shower? How you come to this conclusion is mystifying, hard to know we're to begin so I won't but I can absolutely assure you they are NOT a great service and are certainly not there when needed.

Google search Seetac, Turas Nua complaints, harassment, Public accounts committee, you'll get all the answers you require on this charade known as Jobs Path.

I bet you collected the money each week though. If you don’t agree, resign from JOBPATH and don’t have anything to do with SEETEC and don’t collect you’re 203 euro. Get a job on your own so and stop being a burden on the taxpayer and let us all know how you get on.

Seetac & Turas Nua are engaged in only one thing, FEE'S and will stop at nothing to achieve same. I've been down the road, I've successfully lodged complaints as have my employer, I've also successfully made referrals to the DPC and recieved grovelling apologies for quite disgraceful and appalling behaviour. I'm just astonished either are still actually functioning albeit both have pretty much closed their offices and let lots of staff go, how Ironic that it is.

Don’t believe you.

You'll always get single posts baiting a reaction from those who've limited knowledge of the subject matter of a thread, I've no issue refuting nonsense :)

I have a lot of experience involving SEETEC and I am very respectful of people on JOBPATH and understand the personal issues people have going through life. I am not judgemental and know that SEETEC by and large are on their clients side. Their staff are wonderful and very respectful from my experience.

• Advertisement

It's not about brown envelopes as such, numerous cases of clients actually in jobs (Claiming reduced hours) or who've found jobs through their own efforts. The model that these two companies work off is Fee's are only payable if They assist in getting a job or the client signs off SW, They will go too extraordinary lengths to claim credit but need either the client or employer to sign off, SW will only pay fee if these companies succeed in placing someone in a position, they get no fee if they didn't. I know from my own experience, they chose the wrong employer to harass and it cost one of these shower dearly.

Other fees are mainly admin fees and require specific interactions, they also get over head costs, staffing, equipment etc and some of their offices are actually in government buildings so I assume substantial rent reductions or none at all.

In essence, Government have spent in excess of €100 million to 2 private recruitment agencies one not even incorporated in Ireland but is ultimately controlled by FRS, so they can essentially hire staff and run large offices which I've no doubt, Jobs Path is only a fraction of what goes on from these offices. A successs rate of 12% I believe and only covering employment of 12 months.

I just don't get it and more extraordinary is they've essentially had a fraction of staff working from home plaguing people weekly over the phone along with the fact who's actually been hiring for the past 12 months.

Plaguing - very strong. They are doing a great job on behalf of the state.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cool story bro.

Cool story bro.

Bro.? I think that says a lot.

The modus operandi of all businesses is to make money and they provide a great service in doing so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

@BingCrosbee - please aquaint yourself with the forum charter. Posts on this forum should be constructive and helpful. This is also not a forum where telling posters to "get a job" is appropriate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement