Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec

Options
  • 07-04-2021 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Unfortunately having to deal with this lot again,even thou I'm working Part time and looking for Full time employment.Refused to give them any personal info or sign anything after what they done the last time.Found my own job by my own accord with no help from them and somehow the found where I worked and harrased my employer for details to claim they found me the job.A private company who intimidates and bullies individuals.Anyone else been reintroduced to this lot for the second or third time?Any details or feelings welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭DaTown

What happened after you refused to sign with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

The usual stuff saying they would report me to Social Welfare and my Allowance would be deducted.I said I would engage with them but would not sign Personal Progression plan or anything else as I would be signing a Contract and then they would have the rite to do as they choose.You are not obliged to sign for a private company to process your personal details or give them to other relevant people they are dealing with IE companies who are looking for cheap labour.

Thanks for the quick reply:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,957 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Unfortunately having to deal with this lot again,even thou I'm working Part time and looking for Full time employment.Refused to give them any personal info or sign anything after what they done the last time.Found my own job by my own accord with no help from them and somehow the found where I worked and harrased my employer for details to claim they found me the job.A private company who intimidates and bullies individuals.Anyone else been reintroduced to this lot for the second or third time?Any details or feelings welcome.

This is outrageous but sadly nothing new, Turas Nua tried the same stunt with me a few years back. My employer actually wrote SW, made a formal complaint and got the data protection commissioner involved. A grovelling apology was submitted to me and seperatly to my employer.

Unfortunately, you have to play the long game and play along as SW Will stop or deduct your payment taking Seetac at their word.

I would strongly advise you to make a statement to SW about what happened previously, adhere to seetac"s requests and document everything, calls, sms, emails, I mean everything. Also do not be shy about emailing your local TD, both Seetac and Turas Nua are under the radar politically at present and I'm aware of numerous complaints from clients and politicians about disgraceful harassment and behaviour by both these odious private companies, one of which not even a registered Irish company. Good luck

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I appreciate your information.Yes think your correct,will have to play the long game.Today I am absolutely livid about it.Close to 50 and have worked the majority of my life and angry to see others living in my neighborhood who won't even get out of bed and receiving welfare all their lives.Depends on who you are dealing with in the SW,last time person was very helpful and even agreed that this should not be happening.The person I am dealing with at the moment is completely unintrested and seems to have an idea I am just trying to cause trouble.

• Advertisement

I appreciate your information.Yes think your correct,will have to play the long game.Today I am absolutely livid about it.Close to 50 and have worked the majority of my life and angry to see others living in my neighborhood who won't even get out of bed and receiving welfare all their lives.Depends on who you are dealing with in the SW,last time person was very helpful and even agreed that this should not be happening.The person I am dealing with at the moment is completely unintrested and seems to have an idea I am just trying to cause trouble.

It is quite extraordinary that this program is still running, their offices are pretty much shut, both have actually let staff go, current communication is done via absurd weekly telephone calls, emails and bizzare home work. I've a neighbour in his early 60"s, plagued by Turas Nua, last week he learned how to send an email and I'm not kidding, worked his entire life in construction. Most bizzare is with current and previous lockdowns, WTF hiring.

Be patient but be cautious and an absolute pain in the Arse when it comes to documentation and communication with this shower. Good luck

Just to let people know,when I was talking to the lady last week see kept trying to push the statement that she wasn't working for Seetec but for Cenit who are another company based in Maynooth.So this is who they are getting to do their dirty work for them!!. I kept replying "But you are still doing the work for Seetec" it just wouldn't register with her.Has anyone here actually had some off their Welfare deducted? Sorry for pushing this but something has to be done about it.

Just to let people know,when I was talking to the lady last week see kept trying to push the statement that she wasn't working for Seetec but for Cenit who are another company based in Maynooth.So this is who they are getting to do their dirty work for them!!. I kept replying "But you are still doing the work for Seetec" it just wouldn't register with her.Has anyone here actually had some off their Welfare deducted? Sorry for pushing this but something has to be done about it.

These are the people Seetac use for nonsensical training courses. They've absolutely nothing to do with any issues you may have with Seetac, I'm guessing you've been put forward for training of some sort by Seetac? I would be emailing Seetac seeking any clarifications on issues you have and or making contact with SW, again documenting all and any contact.

I reiterate SW will deduct /suspend your payment if Seetac make a statement you are not cooperating, so I advise you preempt this and speak to SW ASAP.

I have been talking to another person that is dealing with the same situation and they too are been pushed by the person working for CENIT to find work and agree to a PPP.They want him to prove he has been looking for work by giving the details off who he has sent CV's to and returned emails from that company or employer.So it seems to me Cenit are involved in all aspects of it.Thanks for your info.

I have been talking to another person that is dealing with the same situation and they too are been pushed by the person working for CENIT to find work and agree to a PPP.They want him to prove he has been looking for work by giving the details off who he has sent CV's to and returned emails from that company or employer.So it seems to me Cenit are involved in all aspects of it.Thanks for your info.

I'd certainly be questioning why Cenit are asking any questions, whilst they partner with Seetac, I'm not at all sure they are authorised Jobs path entity, Seetac & Turas Nua, as far as I'm aware are the only direct jobs path provider's approved under this scheme. Cenit may offer an educational element but it certainly not clear why they would be enquiring if you are searching for work.

https://cenitcollege.ie/government/

• Advertisement

Well worded.Acording to the letter I received it states Your Employment Advisor will help you asses your skills, experience, challenges and work goals. You will be provided with a range of development supports including online modules, career advice, CV preparation and interview skills. You may also be referred to relevant, employment focused, training opportunities provided by Education Training Boards and others while on Jobpath. So yes this is what they are provided to do .So why the first time I talk to this person they approach it in a different manner is beyond me. Anyway I will take a cautious, polite persona and try to communicate in a manner which shows I am interested and willing to co operate. They also said they would send me information on my next meeting and all relevant details to help me while I am with them but I never received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'd certainly be questioning why Cenit are asking any questions, whilst they partner with Seetac, I'm not at all sure they are authorised Jobs path entity, Seetac & Turas Nua, as far as I'm aware are the only direct jobs path provider's approved under this scheme. Cenit may offer an educational element but it certainly not clear why they would be enquiring if you are searching for work.

https://cenitcollege.ie/government/
    But if you click on the "Job Path" tab on that page (which does not generate a new URL), the text there suggests that Cenit is indeed providing the whole JobPath ‘service’ for Seetec in some geographic areas See also https://www.seetec.ie/insights/working-together-to-provide-a-positive-experience. Probably subcontracting like this lot https://skillsteamgroup.ie/jobpath/

JPCS wrote: »
    But if you click on the "Job Path" tab on that page (which does not generate a new URL), the text there suggests that Cenit is indeed providing the whole JobPath ‘service’ for Seetec in some geographic areas See also https://www.seetec.ie/insights/working-together-to-provide-a-positive-experience. Probably subcontracting like this lot https://skillsteamgroup.ie/jobpath/

FOR, Seetac being the operative word, my concern is Cenit are NOT infact contracted to the SW department, in essence not authorised to be handling any data on clients. Whilst I can understand Turas Nua or Seetac contracting out educational matters, training, courses etc, I certainly believe it a very grey area a sun contractor checking if a client is looking for a job and more concerning having access to any information other than that required to do a course. If it were me, I'd be making enquiries and would absolutely not be sharing any information with an unauthorised 3rd party.

Have a meeting again with this shower on Wednesday so will keep things updated then.Have had to deal with worse things in life but this really has me uneasy all weekend.Having to deal with this for a full year I feel will push me into a job I will hate.I know we all have to work but to take on something just for someone else's financial gain is just not rite.

Have a meeting again with this shower on Wednesday so will keep things updated then.Have had to deal with worse things in life but this really has me uneasy all weekend.Having to deal with this for a full year I feel will push me into a job I will hate.I know we all have to work but to take on something just for someone else's financial gain is just not rite.

I'm curious, is this a face to face meeting? I'm aware that because of Covid restrictions Turas Nua haven't been doing face to face meetings for months, infact most of their offices cleared out, closed. Anyone I've spoken do get a phone call or have to do assignments remotely. Not sure about how seetac have been operating during the pandemic but know alot of their offices closed also.

Sorry, should have said phone call not face to face.

Sorry, should have said phone call not face to face.

Less painful albeit beyond absurd. Just take note of everything, good luck

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How long do you be on the phone to them ? and what kind of nonsense are they spouting these days?

Will let you know later,have phone call this afternoon.She will hit me with everything as she wasn't prepared for my thoughts the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I can't believe Seetec are still hounding people during a pandemic, a new low. We have the Taoiseach urging employers NOT to pressure people back to work yet this shower are pushing people to go hunt. I'd ask them for a list of available work that might be suitable to you for the days you don't already work.

• Advertisement

I can't believe Seetec are still hounding people during a pandemic, a new low. We have the Taoiseach urging employers NOT to pressure people back to work yet this shower are pushing people to go hunt. I'd ask them for a list of available work that might be suitable to you for the days you don't already work.

Yep it's ongoing but the farcical nature of what they and Turas Nua are doing for the past 9 months is just astonishing, basically weekly, bi weekly absurd phone calls, home work, assignments etc as face to face meetings not permitted, most of their offices have closed and been cleared out and lots of their own staff let go. It just amazes me Government permitting this nonsense to continue. Thankfully I've nothing to do with either of this awful private companies, I did in the past but have some neighbours in their early 60"s being plagued weekly and some of the carry on would be tolerated in a crèche.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Yep it's ongoing but the farcical nature of what they and Turas Nua are doing for the past 9 months is just astonishing, basically weekly, bi weekly absurd phone calls, home work, assignments etc as face to face meetings not permitted, most of their offices have closed and been cleared out and lots of their own staff let go. It just amazes me Government permitting this nonsense to continue. Thankfully I've nothing to do with either of this awful private companies, I did in the past but have some neighbours in their early 60"s being plagued weekly and some of the carry on would be tolerated in a crèche.

There has to be a case for harrasment for anyone plagued by these crowds? Especially those already working part time.

I had to attend weekly meetings for almost 2 years, I was doing courses at the time, which included a lot of work experience. Most meetings were, 'hey how are you? still on the course? great, we'll just get you to sit here at this PC doing bugger all for an hour then you're done " ... was ridiculous. In the end I found part time work outside of anything they suggested, got it through the work experience and next thing i knew I was finished with Seetec - they had zero claim on the job I was offered and they knew it. It was LMETB courses I completed and I don't think they look kindly on Seetec or anyone else poaching claims on jobs people got via their courses.

If they do come back, as I am still only working part time, I will do precisely as I suggested above, tell them to find me something suitable for the days I'm off and I'll be happy to listen, I have specific training for a specific role and they cannot force you to seek employment in areas you are not trained for. If push came to shove I'd survive on the 3 days work I do, what the social give me besides is peanuts and I'd rather work for the same amount as full JS than answer to them

There has to be a case for harrasment for anyone plagued by these crowds? Especially those already working part time.

I had to attend weekly meetings for almost 2 years, I was doing courses at the time, which included a lot of work experience. Most meetings were, 'hey how are you? still on the course? great, we'll just get you to sit here at this PC doing bugger all for an hour then you're done " ... was ridiculous. In the end I found part time work outside of anything they suggested, got it through the work experience and next thing i knew I was finished with Seetec - they had zero claim on the job I was offered and they knew it. It was LMETB courses I completed and I don't think they look kindly on Seetec or anyone else poaching claims on jobs people got via their courses.

If they do come back, as I am still only working part time, I will do precisely as I suggested above, tell them to find me something suitable for the days I'm off and I'll be happy to listen, I have specific training for a specific role and they cannot force you to seek employment in areas you are not trained for. If push came to shove I'd survive on the 3 days work I do, what the social give me besides is peanuts and I'd rather work for the same amount as full JS than answer to them

There's been countless cases of harassment and complaints which led to numerous very public rumblings in the Dail, also enquiries into the inordinate sums of money thrown at these two companies, well over €100 million at this stage, last time I checked barely 12% success rate and even that was only allowing for 12 months full employment. The scheme was to be cancelled but got a year's extension, ending sometime late 2021 but hard to know what government will come up with next. A number of high profile TD"s and the Dail public accounts committee have these two companies in their sights and I recommend anyone with diffulties to contact them ASAP. I personally lodged a detailed successful complaint including data breach concerns, I'm unable to discuss but just let's say they wouldn't be keen if I was ever referred again :)

Ok phone call.Differnt approach today.Was only 10 mins and seemed to be in agreement with some of the issues and points I put to them two weeks ago.Have to think about it for a while.Agreed that Seetec used companies such as Meat factories to push in my opinion Slave Labour.Another well known Landscaping company was brought up in conversation.

I told the lady I was dealing with what I was interested in pursuing in relation to training and courses and what I would like to achieve by the end of it.I am still very warey of the whole process but we will have to wait and see.I have had to deal with this before and they have a tendency to butter you up before they loose the cool because you are not taking the jobs they are want you to apply for.Hoping to have found something sooner than later so I can avoid all this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I told the lady I was dealing with what I was interested in pursuing in relation to training and courses and what I would like to achieve by the end of it.I am still very warey of the whole process but we will have to wait and see.I have had to deal with this before and they have a tendency to butter you up before they loose the cool because you are not taking the jobs they are want you to apply for.Hoping to have found something sooner than later so I can avoid all this.

When is your next call with them ? How are you suppose to do courses in the times we live in ? at home is it ? their "courses" are stupid anyway.

Who ya telling, next they will have us writing an essay on how we will find a job.And if we don't do that LINES "I must do what I am told"

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

When is your next call with them ? How are you suppose to do courses in the times we live in ? at home is it ? their "courses" are stupid anyway.
    I'd imagine there online via teams, etc

Who ya telling, next they will have us writing an essay on how we will find a job.And if we don't do that LINES "I must do what I am told"
    Did you sign the PPP contract this time or give them the slip? 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Don't be afraid to go straight to intreo if they're threatening using them against you in anything, just to double check. From my experience the people in intreo have no time for Seetec and how they operate. Was with Seetec a few years ago and was looking to go back to education, Seetec were telling me I wouldn't be allowed by social welfare and that a qualification is just a piece of paper? :P I went to social welfare and they said it wouldn't be a problem. Blatant lies! they're sneaky f*cks. Always go over their heads, Intreo have more power and are alot fairer. Can't see it being a problem if you have a part time job and seeking further employment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement