Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Decided that I have had enough of Travis Strikes Again nearly figuring out how to be fun only to instead be tedious again, so that's going on eBay. I'm now back to What The Golf?, an infinitely more enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Picked up American Fugitive. GTA-lite but I like the overhead view and art style and can see myself dipping in and out of it a bit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have finished What The Golf?'s campaign at 99% (only two levels with par and crown missing, because they were really fiddly to the point of not being fun, which rather impressively is not the case for the vast majority of the game). Not sure what I'll go for next - I think I might go back to Wandersong and then dive into Mario Galaxy on the 3D All Stars collection after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks.
    Not sure why I never played this one before. I think I only picked it up when it was on offer in Argos as well.
    Only played a short bit so far and don't think the train parts are going to be much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks.
    Not sure why I never played this one before. I think I only picked it up when it was on offer in Argos as well.
    Only played a short bit so far and don't think the train parts are going to be much fun.

I believe that is the only Zelda game that I started that I didn't finish, and maybe Skyward Sword (but I never really gave that a chance).

Painful game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Currently just started Trails of Cold Steel III with IV waiting patiently behind it in about three months time!

Zelda games where you have to blow tunes or whatever into the microphone are arse biscuits.

I'm going to try the method that I found worked on astro bot on the PS5 and put my thumb over the microphone which is picked up as blowing.
    As long as it doesn't make me feel as stupid as Phantom Hourglass for not knowing to close the DS to stamp the map

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some recent budget buys. Check out trailers and add to wishlist at least. :)

Dwarf Journey. Nice little rogue lite (about 3-4 hours long). Great progression and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Aggelos. Nice little retro-styled platform game. Another 5-ish hour Metroidvania with 16-bit graphics. On sale until tomorrow I think.

Astro Aqua Kitty. Love this. 8 chunky open levels, great progression system, graphics and music.

Don't seem to be in the mood for Wandersong so I decided to pop back to Mario Kart 8 for a bit. Also fired up Galaxy on the 3D All-Stars collection as I have a hankering for some Mario platforming.

• Advertisement

Just started Resident Evil 4 for the 3rd attempt. It's been years since I played it, and I just couldn't get the controls in my head. I stuck with it this time, and while I still suck, it's clicked now, so really enjoying it, so I got RE5 (which I have played) and RE6 (which I haven't) so I'll work my way through those after.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Back on the BOTW horse hunting Endura Carrots since 4am I have 3/4 of the map opened and still only have 9 carrots

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Xofpod

chrislad wrote: »
    Just started Resident Evil 4 for the 3rd attempt. It's been years since I played it, and I just couldn't get the controls in my head. I stuck with it this time, and while I still suck, it's clicked now, so really enjoying it, so I got RE5 (which I have played) and RE6 (which I haven't) so I'll work my way through those after.

Haven't played it since the Gamecube but the first time you meet the lad with the bag over his head and the gardening appliance is still one of my all time favourite gaming moments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Which version?

Xofpod wrote: »
    Haven't played it since the Gamecube but the first time you meet the lad with the bag over his head and the gardening appliance is still one of my all time favourite gaming moments

Neat little nod to
    original Splatterhouse
    that. I still have my GC copy of Resi 4, might dig it out and revisit it soon.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Which version?

The Switch - I had played it on the Wii years ago, and I do recall it was much easier to control with motion controls. Shame the Switch version doesn't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Switch - I had played it on the Wii years ago, and I do recall it was much easier to control with motion controls. Shame the Switch version doesn't have them.
    I’d be right there with you - couldn’t really get on with the traditional control scheme but absolutely bombed through the Wii version there before Xmas. Became an all-time fave almost immediately.

I got a bit used to it, as I had the aiming on the left stick, rather than the right. That seemed to work better - then I started RE5 and they don't have this scheme so I have to unlearn it!

Testing the Wii U on the new TV and decided to use Tropical Freeze. Then I kept going so just starting world 2

After playing RE5 right after playing RE4, I can see where the dislike for RE5 comes from. It's not a bad game, and I enjoyed it at the time as it was ages after I played RE4, but it has a total lack of soul, a je ne sais quoi, missing that just makes it a bit bleh to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Picture the meme.

"I want Subnautica"

A.n.other. "you have Subnautica at home"

At home: Deep Diving Adventure.

It's actually alrighty for 2 quid, quite a relaxing little game, but I was always a sucker for the Endless Ocean games on the Wii.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Testing the Wii U on the new TV and decided to use Tropical Freeze. Then I kept going so just starting world 2

Finished this at the weekend. Tough but doesn't feel like it's the game's fault, except the feckin rocket barrel levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Knockout City. Really good game. Free trial lasts for another 8 days so try it out while you can. Will definitely be buying when the trial ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Picked up Habroxia 2 over the weekend for a fiver (half price until the end of the month). Nice retro-shooter.
    Easy enough - rolled credits in 2-3 hours, but there is a new game+ mode and 2 other modes unlocked when you finish it.
    A good 7/10 that doesn't outstay its welcome!

Crysis Remastered. I playing on Normal level and am absolutely useless at it. Really bad!

Crysis Remastered. I playing on Normal level and am absolutely useless at it. Really bad!

And now the ultimate indignity, the game has suggested it's possible to change the difficulty level in the main menu.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I played Crysis through a couple of years ago, I can't remember the format though.
    I finished Crysis 2 as well, and the remastered version would be worth picking up.
    What I would really be after would be the third game.
    I had/have it on the PS3 and the framerate is appalling, 30fps and below, if they ever gave it the remaster it deserves and bumped that up to 60fps , I would definitely buy it again, but I don't think it is likely on the Switch... maybe the Switch Pro will scratch that itch for me!

Just checked and I have the first 2 and Warhead on Steam. Haven't played them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Moving Out is so much fun as a multi player game, I got the additional content for the whole family and we had a great weekend playing it together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked up Dragon Quest Builders 2 after playing a small bit of it on Game Pass. Delightful little game so far, perfect handheld experience. Was 17.99 second hand from Gamestop but seems to be gone up now to 24.99. Monster Huntet update dropped now though so probably back on that for the foreseeable

Advertisement