Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

worst company you have ever come across?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't know which company it is, but this guy repeatedly describes them as the worst company in the world, and judging by his level of rage I'd be inclined to believe him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I really can't fathom out the attitude of the bosees/owners of Fastway. They surely know the diabolical reputation they have? Do they REALLY not care how the public look upon them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

looksee wrote: »
    Do they? I don't recall ordering anything in the last couple of years that has free delivery.

Amazon?

Either way even if its charged its heavily discounted by the retailer

blueser wrote: »
    I really can't fathom out the attitude of the bosees/owners of Fastway. They surely know the diabolical reputation they have? Do they REALLY not care how the public look upon them?

There's an Irish franchise, then regional franchisee, then driver franchises. Its just a name it has no management structure whatsoever.

There's an Irish franchise, then regional franchisee, then driver franchises. Its just a name it has no management structure whatsoever.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

People complaining about Fastway don't in most cases choose to use them you buy something online and it's the e tailor who use fastway (probably because they are cheap).

Personally dont think the choice of courier company would dictate where I buy from.

They can be as **** as they like, as long as they deliver stuff and that includes throwing stuff over side gates, it won't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

rob316 wrote: »
    But surely, the men at the very top (what are they anyway;British, American, AN Other?) must demand/get feedback from their various areas of operation? They can't be blissfully ignorant of the dreadful service the Irish operation offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,392 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Eir wins hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

People complaining about Fastway don't in most cases choose to use them you buy something online and it's the e tailor who use fastway (probably because they are cheap).

Personally dont think the choice of courier company would dictate where I buy from.

They can be as **** as they like, as long as they deliver stuff and that includes throwing stuff over side gates, it won't matter.

I'd be one nervous lamb if I was around you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

But surely, the men at the very top (what are they anyway;British, American, AN Other?) must demand/get feedback from their various areas of operation? They can't be blissfully ignorant of the dreadful service the Irish operation offers.

Ha you think its an Irish problem? fastway/ napier couriers are a new Zealand who franchise all over the world. They are in turn owned by aramex, go look up aramex reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ol4bLOxEm5TO.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

GinSoaked wrote: »
    You don't use Amazon then?

I do, and I am aware of the potential to get free delivery, I have never achieved it though.

I lie, I just got a package today that was €170 or thereabouts and there was a promotion of free postage. An Post delivered it!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind giving joe duffy a call about fastway. or follow them on their rounds, filming them throwing every package into hedges/gardens and put it up on youtube.

We get it. You don't like fastway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Three just sent me two texts today.

One giving me 3000 national minutes onto my package.
    And another giving me 14000 MB of data onto my package.

I’m on an all inclusive all you can eat data package.

Even if you are on an all you can eat, this announcement is about increasing your roaming data to 14 Gigs. Which is great.

Also, while you may have all you can eat data, you likely don't have all you can eat minutes. Given the amount of people stuck working from home, possibly spending an hour or 2 on the phone every day, that is an excellent announcement for those people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Eircom. Shower of cunts. They mis-sold me a contract and then did everything they could to delay and prevaricate, thus ensuring that the cooling-off period had passed. Then they told me the only way out of it was to lodge a formal complaint with them. Which I did. Twice. Both complaints were lost. In the end, the easiest way to deal with them was to cancel the contract and then cancel the direct debit before they could apply an 'early cessation penalty'. The debt collection company they set onto me was infinitely more pleasant and professional to deal with. After I explained everything to them, they reassured me that they'd be handing the case back to Eircom and I wouldn't be hearing from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Not technically a company but the department of education and skills.
    I moved house around Halloween, contacted the department to change my address, no problem payslips arrived for a couple of weeks then stopped. I rang them back to find out what was wrong, they sent them to my old address, so I gave them my new address a second time. No payslips arrived.
    I rang back a few weeks later got through to a woman who told me to send the new address via email, she gave me an email address - (her own work email) to send it too, email address wouldnt work. Rang a few more times thinking I wrote it down wrong, no answer.
    Continued to call for the rest of the week, still no answer.
    Called the following week got through to someone else and explained the situation, read out the email address I was sent, the woman said no ive to send it to the department address, asked her to for the email address and she said to me "Dep.Ed/ie" .... I asked her to call it out again as I thought id misheard her.. she replied with the very same 'address' I said theres no @ sign in that email address? she said no.. I said thats not an email address.. my email wont send to it. I actually doubted myself and tried to send it while on the phone to her, I said it wont send thats not an email address.. she hung up the phone on me. I was very confused at this stage and thought maybe the phone got cut off? So I rang back again, same woman answer the phone, introduces herself and I say 'Hi I was just speaking to you, I think the phone got cut off' .. I can hear noise in the background then hear her put the phone down.. she hangs up on me again. So I rang the Dublin number.. woman answers, I explain im trying to change my address, she says to me you have to ring Athlone.. I try to explain what keeps happening when I ring athlone but she blunty tells me its not her problem and puts me through to Athlone number.. phone rings out, no answer.
    I leave it a couple of days and ring again, finally get through to someone willing to help and gives me the correct email address. Get my address changed and start getting pay slips again for 2 weeks after which they stop.
    And here I am again trying to get my address changed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Dept of education....... and skills........ A misnomer, lol.

Eir are by far the worst company I have dealt with, Vodafone were pretty bad too. All the competition in telecoms and you would think the customer service would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Eir are by far the worst company I have dealt with, Vodafone were pretty bad too. All the competition in telecoms and you would think the customer service would be better.

People have it in for Eir because they are historically bad when we moved to Ireland it was Bord Telecom Éireann and the bills were unintelligible and the service was shocking. Moving on to Eircom nothing improved and service got worse get a new line put in became total disaster and signing up for broadband was hit and miss with Eircom reps never bothering to put orders up on the system. Don't even mention the "flotation". Now we have Eir and whats improved well technology has moved on but the service is still as crap to day as its always been. Its almost like they think Ireland has put up with us for all this time so why would we be bothered to change now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Kiwi John

DHL brought item on eBay from guy in Spain sent with DHL over 6 weeks to get it. Tracking showed it sitting in the middle of Spain . DHL in Ireland did not want to know, that's DHL Spain a completely different company they said email them. I did several times and after 2weeks got a reply back in Spanish.

Eir or whatever they are calling themselves this week are the champions of bad customer service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Eir are woefully bad, a myriad of options and a maze to get actually talking to somebody on the phone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

dotsman wrote: »
    Even if you are on an all you can eat, this announcement is about increasing your roaming data to 14 Gigs. Which is great.

Also, while you may have all you can eat data, you likely don't have all you can eat minutes. Given the amount of people stuck working from home, possibly spending an hour or 2 on the phone every day, that is an excellent announcement for those people.

How is an increase in roaming data a good thing. When. We. Are. Stuck. At. Home.

I do have all you can eat minutes.

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Eir are woefully bad, a myriad of options and a maze to get actually talking to somebody on the phone,

When you actually do get talking to somebody, that's when the real misery starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Eircom. Shower of cunts. They mis-sold me a contract and then did everything they could to delay and prevaricate, thus ensuring that the cooling-off period had passed. Then they told me the only way out of it was to lodge a formal complaint with them. Which I did. Twice. Both complaints were lost. In the end, the easiest way to deal with them was to cancel the contract and then cancel the direct debit before they could apply an 'early cessation penalty'. The debt collection company they set onto me was infinitely more pleasant and professional to deal with. After I explained everything to them, they reassured me that they'd be handing the case back to Eircom and I wouldn't be hearing from them again.

Yep. They really are the pits. Like you, I was mis-sold a contract and as they didnt provide me the terms and conditions, the contract was voided. They then sheepishly said if you wanted, you can cancel our services free of charge.. The rep wasnt prepared for the cheer I let out. I said yes, absolutely, please disconnect me immediately without delay. Honestly, it was the best news I'd had in ages. I was without internet and TV for 2 weeks while I sorted an alternative but that call to tell me I could cancel was a Godsend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Keelings wins hands down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Keelings wins hands down

why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

why?

Because they hired in people from abroad to do the work that the Irish were too high and mighty to do (and something about social distancing and Covid).

This is an easy thread. Hands down the worst I've had to deal with (after having to deal with Eir, VF, 3, Meteor, and all the other useless shower) was FlexiRent. This Oz company is still in use today (but rebranded to FlexiFi or something similar) and mainly used by Currys/PC World and Harvey Norman to hire purchase their electronic (and now furniture) stock. Good idea, terrible choice in company.

Not only do they not know Irish consumer law, but they actively show you they couldn't care less about the customers and only about the bottom line. I had 2 cases with them. First was in relation to a TV, which 15 months into the 18 months payment got 2 vertical lines up the right side. Back and forth, back and forth, they would not cover it, it wasn't accidental damage and it's wasn't a fault (somehow?!). Eventually had to email and threaten Harvey Norman to placard outside their stores advising people against using FlexiRent. Within 2 days the manager of the local Harvey Norma store apologised and had a replacement tv within a week. Also didn't have to pay the last 3 months, covered by HN (so can't fault Harvey Norman at all, they are brilliant to deal with imo).

Stupidly, I used them again a few years later, or stupidly they allowed me to get more off them. A laptop and vacuum this time (laptop was urgently required, vacuum was on the list but needed to up the price to get the FlexiRent, so got both that day). Anyway, 5 months into it and I connect an external CD Drive (confirmed working with other devices) and poof! Smoke comes out of the laptop, screen goes off, never to turn on again. Phonecall after phone call, I didn't damage it deliberately, so it was accidental damage, but not according to FlexiRent, it wasn't accidental, but they didn't say it was deliberate either, so it was in some limbo land between the 2 which wasn't covered by them. Eventually, they said they would have a look at it but it would be €150 without a guarantee to fix/replace. Obviously, no. More back and forth, some legislation was thrown at them, I emailed the head of their company and never heard anything since. Stopped all payments at the time and told them as much.

As said above, they have since rebranded, so I'm not the only one who has had issues with them. AVOID!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Keelings wins hands down

Did they throw your strawberry delivery in the bushes too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.
    Sports direct and Fastway couriers - 2 years ago ordered Christmas presents on Black Friday from sports direct and they were to be delivered by fastway. Never arrived, nobody would reply to emails, spent over an hour on hold to be cut off. Ended up driving out to Fastwsy courier depot day before Christmas Eve and asking for parcel- it was there, completely damaged . Nobody had bothered to tell me. Took another 2 months to get refund. Sent numerous complaints via twitter , Facebook and email and never received a reply or apology-will never deal with either again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Fastway in Galway are good. Satworld use them to deliver stuff. Never had any issues.
    I’m with Eir and luckily never had any issues but it’s mad money. I’m afraid to move to Vodafone in case service is poor.
    For me it’s Bus Eireann. Those bus drivers pull of the road themselves at times. No accountability. Unions fecked them up.

• Advertisement

Approx 200 parcels a week we send with fastway, its higher than that in this climate and they don't give me much problems to be honest. I think its down to we only send the a4 size satchel and its low value items. Sending laptops etc with them is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Approx 200 parcels a week we send with fastway, its higher than that in this climate and they don't give me much problems to be honest. I think its down to we only send the a4 size satchel and its low value items. Sending laptops etc with them is ridiculous.

yeah I can imagine what state the laptop would be in after they throw it out the van window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The people at the top of Fastway most defiiitely know the reputation they have but they just dont seem to care. I get the impression that their model is predicated on doing deals with large online retailers and going in and undercutting all their competition to secure the contract. Because they go in so low that means customer service is next to non-existant. But so long as they're still winning contracts it will continue on.

They probably figure that they will lose 10 or 15% of their contracts every year but that just means they have to constantly win more to replace the churn. Retailers just want the cheapest price so they can offer 'free' delivery bundled up in the price of the product. So on it goes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The debt collection company they set onto me was infinitely more pleasant and professional to deal with. After I explained everything to them, they reassured me that they'd be handing the case back to Eircom and I wouldn't be hearing from them again.

Id be very careful of that and go and order a copy of your credit history from the Irish Credit Bureau. For all you know Eircom have ratted you out to them and the next time you go to get a loan it will be flagged and you could be refused. I wouldnt trust Eircom as far as you can throw them and it would be exactly the type of stunt they would pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭herrdood

C5 : Emergency/disruption (APPROVAL NEEDED)

Latest update to a nightline delivery from next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,528 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fartway Deliveries, that's comedy gold.

They're fairly thin skinned for a company that struggles to get more than one star in customer reviews. You would think they were used to the abuse by now.

Fartway Deliveries, that's comedy gold.

They're fairly thin skinned for a company that struggles to get more than one star in customer reviews. You would think they were used to the abuse by now.

Where do I sign up to use this new company Fartway because they may herald a great "wind" of change in the courier business. I wonder if they will offer a SBD service (Special Bin Delivery).

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id be very careful of that and go and order a copy of your credit history from the Irish Credit Bureau. For all you know Eircom have ratted you out to them and the next time you go to get a loan it will be flagged and you could be refused. I wouldnt trust Eircom as far as you can throw them and it would be exactly the type of stunt they would pull.

Utility bills aren't included on an ICB report. It's for loans, credit cards, PCP deals, etc.

• Advertisement

Utility bills aren't included on an ICB report. It's for loans, credit cards, PCP deals, etc.

Think you'll find Eir belong to a group that keeps its own database blacklist Credit Insights https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/2017/08/30/credit-history-know-score/ (near bottom of page) but only applies to phone contracts.

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Think you'll find Eir belong to a group that keeps its own database backlist Credit Insights https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/2017/08/30/credit-history-know-score/

Which doesn't have anything to do with your credit rating. It can potentially cause issues when signing up to a contract with one of the participating companies (the issue being that you have to pay a deposit, because they still want your custom). I haven't had such problems, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's because Eircom lost my file or spelled my name wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some of the Tweets had suggested Fastway staff are Covid-19 infected and that they lick customers doors, he said.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some of the Tweets had suggested Fastway staff are Covid-19 infected and that they lick customers doors, he said.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,554 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Because they hired in people from abroad to do the work that the Irish were too high and mighty to do (and something about social distancing and Covid).

The problem there isn't Keelings, it's work-shy cúnts on the dole.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I noticed that about a day after I added a tweet from that account to this thread, the account was taken down.
    Ironic that the only twitter account related to Fastway is/was a parody one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Dw3sDuMWkAAcYoa?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Over the years i've heard bad things about eir, i've been with them since they bought out meteor and the service has always been pretty great, until a blip last year which has now gone bigger.

We moved gaff last april and eir totally messed up the moving process resulting in my wife and i losing both our mobile numbers which we'd both had for years, pain in the hole but they compenstaed us 250euro in credit for their error. All this happened in June 2019.

I smashed my phone beyond repair last week so was going to use wifeys upgrade which is due this month, rang eir on monday as online it was saying upgrade was june 2021, lady said it was wrong, upgrade was due now and she'd get it changed so can upgrade online by next day.... nothing was changed.

Rang them on wednesday, hour on hold and told yep, thats through now, just give it an hour for system to display it......nothing was changed.

Rang again this morning, lady said previous 2 were wrong and that not due an upgrade until june 2021, told her thats impossible, due one this month and my number in 2 months, adamant that it was june 2021 and that she couldnt change it, her manager also could not change it.

Asked her if it was June 2021 why had i not been given 2 handsets last June, and as i hadn't could i have them now....nope, wasn't having that either.

Now stuck in absolute limbo

TLDR : Eir by a country fcukin mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Boards.ie

Can be arsed getting site working right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

DPD are useless cunce.

I use Eir for my mobile service. Generally no problems. The growing sense of dread as I read every other posters complaints. I’m gonna get f*cked:(

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    DPD are useless cunce.

I use Eir for my mobile service. Generally no problems. The growing sense of dread as I read every other posters complaints. I’m gonna get f*cked:(

Dpd are the top courier in the country they shouldn't even be in this conversation. Dealing with them years a really excellent company given the race to the bottom in the industry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement