Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discovery 3x13 - 'That Hope Is You, Part 2' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

GSPfan wrote: »
    I’m not sure masculinity or fatherhood figures are what I am looking for. I just think I’m looking for competence. I also don’t think Saru, Stamets & Culber are father figures. If anything they are mother figures.

For example... ST Voyager was dominated by female lead characters and not once did I even think that I wanted more strong male characters. DS9 had strong women too. Not a problem.
    Between Janeway, Seven, Torres, Kira, and Dax you had strong females who would wipe the floor with every character in Discovery, male or female.

How any of these people made it to starfleet I’ll never know.

This exactly.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Rawr wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I wonder....was that an *actual finale* of the show. Could Discovery actually be finished now, and that talk of Season 4 production is really little more than just talk?

At the end of this episode you have several character arcs sort of completed (poorly):

-Saru returns to his now liberated and prosperous home-world.

-Cubert and Staments get to have their adoptive family with Aria...which sort of came out of nowhere mid-season, but alright.

-Not sure what they were going with Tilly. That's she's a great commanding officer...whenever it involves losing that command within minutes? She was one character I liked in Season 1, who broke my heart with her stupidity in Season 2, and in Season 3....just meh...

-Space Hitler gets a 2-parter where we bid her a fond(?) farewell.

-And last but no least, everyone's favourite Starfleet officer, surely the best character any of us have ever seen don a comm-badge, Michael Ni Sarek McBurnham, best of the best, and now captain at the end of her story arc which began with her starting a huge galactic war and finished with her needlessly stranding all of her crewmates 1000 years after the deaths of everyone they ever cared about. Surely a hero for all times?

And they finish it off with a Roddenberry quote, and the TOS theme. Not only the last episode of Star Trek: Discovery...but presented as if it was the last episode of Star Trek?! Are they really implying that its all been leading up to this?

They finish every season of DIS with the TOS theme I think. Also season 4 is definitely underway but ya I do agree it looked like a finale and would have worked well as one.

But don't get your hopes up there will almost definitely be another Discovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

their audience numbers seems to be low and terrible in the 18-49 group if what I saw was correct. If its being renewed it seems more of corporate juggling act or some kind of loss leader, it doesnt look like a show that would continue under its own steam

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    their audience numbers seems to be low and terrible in the 18-49 group if what I saw was correct. If its being renewed it seems more of corporate juggling act or some kind of loss leader, it doesnt look like a show that would continue under its own steam

Seems to depend on what figures you look at I have seen people post glowing ones too. Thing with streaming figures is you have no one to go off but the providers really.

I don't see any reason why CBS would keep making a show no one is watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Really wish it was a series finale so they could have moved on to doing something better. One of the great things in Enterprise was how they were constantly out-matched by alien species they encountered and the jump to the 32nd Century should have played with this more, instead they doubled down on most of the problems with the series and instead of ending it with the inevitable promotion of Burnham to Captain, now expect us to watch the next season with her in command. Kirk I could always take or leave tbh, Saru had potential that wasn't realised but adding Burnham to the Star Trek Captains club seems like an insult to the others. No need to be an exemplary officer with leadership skills to be a captain any more, just cry and stamp your foot enough times and Starfleet will give you command nowadays :rolleyes:

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Seems to depend on what figures you look at I have seen people post glowing ones too. Thing with streaming figures is you have no one to go off but the providers really.

I don't see any reason why CBS would keep making a show no one is watching

Could be part of their virtue signaling budget. Sadly we are adding to the numbers by watching it, even when we dislike it. I won't add to those numbers again. Watching sh!te in the slim hope it will turn out well is not working on Disco for me.

Stay Free

Could be part of their virtue signaling budget. Sadly we are adding to the numbers by watching it, even when we dislike it. I won't add to those numbers again. Watching sh!te in the slim hope it will turn out well is not working on Disco for me.

Good any chance you could also stop coming on here to comment about it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

it doesn't. not even slightly. look at the scene again if you have to. the cavernous backscenes while the lifts moving about. compare to exterior shots with people or robots on the ship for scale, or the shuttle bay shots for scale. There is no way there is that amount of empty internal space to allow those turbolift scenes to be possible. Same as the warp core eject scene. It comes out directly below the shuttle bay after falling for several second through, presumably, several decks. It just cannot fit within the exterior dimensions of the ship.
    The only way it can be possible is if 32c tech allow internal pocket dimensions like the room of requirements from Harry Potter.

Makes sense to me. I enjoyed it. Its Sci fi. That's all that matters... For that scene anyway.

Other bits were cr@p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Labelling people who disagree with you, whether it’s done subtly or otherwise, with an ist or ism is exactly what this show wants you to do.

• Advertisement

Makes sense to me. I enjoyed it. Its Sci fi. That's all that matters... For that scene anyway.

Other bits were cr@p

I just think they ripped of tron and where eagles dare in that scene. Also the bit where the Burnham was submerged in the computer thing was lifted from stargate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I just think they ripped of tron and where eagles dare in that scene. Also the bit where the Burnham was submerged in the computer thing was lifted from stargate.

We lifted mobile phones from the original star trek.
    I had the same idea about tron. :)

Yes we did, creators of such devices say them on sci-fi shows and thought they were cool so they built them. I severely doubt the same thing will happen with this show.

No, because if we all had the same opinion, boards would be more like twitter. You could just ignore my posts if you have trouble digesting them.

I always considered ST comms as more like walkie talkies with a wider range, but oh I was just transported back to our 088 days :pac:

Stay Free

No, because if we all had the same opinion, boards would be more like twitter. You could just ignore my posts if you have trouble digesting them.

You came into an episode specific thread and started by telling everyone you didn't watch the episode. And if you are not watching the season 4 episodes but still coming on to the episode threads next year then your posts and opinions are worthless whether I digest them or not

So why come on and waste everyone's time except to spread your filth about

You came into an episode specific thread and started by telling everyone you didn't watch the episode. And if you are not watching the season 4 episodes but still coming on to the episode threads next year then your posts and opinions are worthless whether I digest them or not

And yet the points I made in my original comment were just as valid before I watched the final episode as it was after I watched it. In fact, I would say they were backed up having not watched the final episode. You on the other hand resorted to name calling and accusations. And i'm the one spreading filth? :pac::pac::pac: Delirious.

While it is highly unlikely I would be commenting on S4 (please let it be cancelled), I haven't been cancelled by some fragile moron, so I maintain the privilege to post whether you like it or not. As I said in my last post, you can choose to ignore, or you can comment away. I'm not telling you what to do, or calling you derogatory names. You're just someone on the internet I couldn't care less about :)

Stay Free

• Advertisement

Your wasting my time.

Your wasting my time.

He's just angry at anyone who doesn't share his view and can't be civil about a difference of opinion. Anyone who resorts to name calling other posters is just a waste of space and as you say "time".

Stay Free

He's just angry at anyone who doesn't share his view and can't be civil about a difference of opinion. Anyone who resorts to name calling other posters is just a waste of space and as you say "time".

Calling you a homophobe is not name calling you have stated your views and I am.making an assessment. This isn't the school playground I'm not calling you tubby and pulling your hair.

If you are too fragile to be able to take the criticism you can always ignore me. Or you can keep posting your little pretend high ground rants it up to you

Calling you a homophobe is not name calling you have stated your views and I am.making an assessment. This isn't the school playground I'm not calling you tubby and pulling your hair.

If you are too fragile to be able to take the criticism you can always ignore me. Or you can keep posting your little pretend high ground rants it up to you

Stellar logic there. Keep at it. You have almost convinced yourself. My skin is not that thin and it would take a lot more than a hypocrite to raise the temperature. I was never one for hair pulling either. My fists punched in a playground fight.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I think he's just tired, and I know I am , of people dragging their culture war bull**** into this forum all the bloody time. The show is bad enough without having to listen to same people whine about the least of its many many flaws ad nauseum. A few of you seriously need to expand the scope of your critical enquiry of things beyond its 'wokeness', 'Diversity', or 'Virtue signalling'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ignoring the shoddy acting/characters, I think part of the problem is that they have way too many over arching plots/storylines going on all the time.

War with Klingons
    Tyler/A Klingon spy
    Mirror Universe
    Mirror Lorca spy
    The Sphere
    Section 31
    Control
    The Tardigrade
    Red Angel/Signals
    The Burn
    Georgiou Dying
    Osyrra/Emerald Chain

There is just far too much going on to make any of it coherent and there ends up being too long of a gap between updates on each plotline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

GreeBo wrote: »
    Ignoring the shoddy acting/characters, I think part of the problem is that they have way too many over arching plots/storylines going on all the time.

War with Klingons
    Tyler/A Klingon spy
    Mirror Universe
    Mirror Lorca spy
    The Sphere
    Section 31
    Control
    The Tardigrade
    Red Angel/Signals
    The Burn
    Georgiou Dying
    Osyrra/Emerald Chain

There is just far too much going on to make any of it coherent and there ends up being too long of a gap between updates on each plotline.

It seemed like half of pre discovery Star Trek episodes were about two characters stuck in a cave.... narrative was a bit more restrained/chill

I think he's just tired, and I know I am , of people dragging their culture war bull**** into this forum all the bloody time. The show is bad enough without having to listen to same people whine about the least of its many many flaws ad nauseum. A few of you seriously need to expand the scope of your critical enquiry of things beyond its 'wokeness', 'Diversity', or 'Virtue signalling'.

The show has many, many faults already pointed out. Were you not equally tired of the many posts about the elevator scene? I added my view to it and if you are tired of seeing "culture war bull****", then it goes to show that there are plenty who share the view you say you are tired of seeing. Introducing diversity and change into ST is nothing new and is no problem. I honestly don't care if you like to play sword fighting, or whatever takes your fancy. Sh1tting all over canon and iconic characters is what I take issue with.

Stay Free

War with Klingons
    Tyler/A Klingon spy
    Mirror Universe
    Mirror Lorca spy
    The Sphere
    Section 31
    Control
    The Tardigrade
    Red Angel/Signals
    The Burn
    Georgiou Dying
    Osyrra/Emerald Chain

The worst part is some of these were good set ups but they completely fumbled them. Imagine if

War with Klingons ... wasn't started by Starfleets first mutineer and involved the really interesting Klingon they killed in the first episode and Lrell before they softened her up

Tyler/A Klingon spy ... Keep Voq who was interesting Klingon and actually just have Lt. Fandango be a guy with PTSD

Mirror Universe ... Bin it

Mirror Lorca spy ... Another really interesting character when he was a battered war weary officer but was wasted with a silly reveal
    The Sphere

Section 31 ... Again bin it. Too much exploration of these old plots ruins them like with the MU and the Borg in Voyager

Red Angel/Signals ... Make it not about Burnham. The build up episodes to the reveal are my favorite in Discovery

Georgiou Dying ... Another good character wasted. Either keep the real one or let her die. Discovery is all about deep emotion apparently but we have now had 2 cases of PTSD turned into evil villain stuff 1 dropped and ignored and 3 dead people brought back to life in some shape or form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

War with Klingons
    Tyler/A Klingon spy
    Mirror Universe
    Mirror Lorca spy
    The Sphere
    Section 31
    Control
    The Tardigrade
    Red Angel/Signals
    The Burn
    Georgiou Dying
    Osyrra/Emerald Chain

And any of those could have made a great one or two episodes in the TNG era. Instead, they're all mixed together and spread thin across the entire season. No favourite episodes to go back and watch, they're all just jumbled up and messy.

Goodshape wrote: »
    And any of those could have made a great one or two episodes in the TNG era. Instead, they're all mixed together and spread thin across the entire season. No favourite episodes to go back and watch, they're all just jumbled up and messy.

Exactly you might have 1 over arching theme across a season but then have one plot per episode that actually gets resolved within the episode, not all these dingleberries Discovery gave us.

I saw an interview with SMG where she talked about all the different plots and how they were all important and all going to be resolved....

/edit
    https://www.vulture.com/article/star-trek-discovery-sonequa-martin-green-michael-burnham-season-3-finale.html
    Yeah, we don’t leave stones unturned. If it’s introduced, it’s going to be dealt with. Who knows how long it’ll take, but one of the things I’m grateful for with this show and this character is that you see this well-rounded woman make these deep moral mistakes and miss the mark. She is strong and honorable and beautiful and all of those things, but she is also human and makes mistakes and has to grapple with them. And all of these things are being dealt with right before your very eyes. It means a lot to me that this woman’s vulnerabilities are so exposed, because as a viewer, I need to see those things

Lol

The show has many, many faults already pointed out. Were you not equally tired of the many posts about the elevator scene? I

No, because its hilariously stupid and doesn't see the thread decend into anarchy because you can't seem to post about anything but Wokeness .
    added my view to it

Really ? If you did it obviously got lost in the endless stream of woke, box ticking and virtue signaling posts.

and if you are tired of seeing "culture war bull****", then it goes to show that there are plenty who share the view you say you are tired of seeing.

Yes, and you are all proving to be as tiresome and agenda driven as the people you rail against. Good job.

Introducing diversity and change into ST is nothing new and is no problem. I honestly don't care if you like to play sword fighting, or whatever takes your fancy. Sh1tting all over canon and iconic characters is what I take issue with.

So diversity etc is fine but ****ting on Canon is your real issue . Well that certainly isn't reflected in your posting, or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If they do nothing else next season , I want an update on the situation on Kaminar. If I remember correctly Discovery did something to force all the Kelpians to go through Vara'hi in season 2, what were the ramifications of that, did they find a way to live together with the Ba'ul ? Or indeed get them to wash .

No, because its hilariously stupid and doesn't see the thread decend into anarchy because you can't seem to post about anything but Wokeness .

So it's hilariously stupid to read every other post saying the same thing (give or take) but tiring when someone points out the "wokeness" of the show? Riiiight.
    Really ? If you did it obviously got lost in the endless stream of woke, box ticking and virtue signaling posts.

Yeah, I did. And every other post from me thereafter was in response to some wounded little souls, one of whom tried to dismiss my point by suggesting I am a homophobe.
    Yes, and you are all proving to be as tiresome and agenda driven as the people you rail against. Good job.

Well, you're the one who escalated it to culture wars :D
    Good Job Son
    So diversity etc is fine but ****ting on Canon is your real issue . Well that certainly isn't reflected in your posting, or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If you weren't so busy trying to be right, you could go back and look at my original post where I clearly pointed out my disdain for wrecking icons like Picard. You would then see that I was responding to certain moronic posts which came from people who either disagreed with me, or tried to turn it into an ist ism fight. If there were any truth to the pathetic accusation, I wouldn't be a ST fan and Voyager wouldn't be my favourite series in ST.

Stay Free

So it's hilariously stupid to read every other post saying the same thing (give or take) but tiring when someone points out the "wokeness" of the show? Riiiight.

Yeah, I did. And every other post from me thereafter was in response to some wounded little souls, one of whom tried to dismiss my point by suggesting I am a homophobe.

Well, you're the one who escalated it to culture wars :D
    Good Job Son

If you weren't so busy trying to be right, you could go back and look at my original post where I clearly pointed out my disdain for wrecking icons like Picard. You would then see that I was responding to certain moronic posts which came from people who either disagreed with me, or tried to turn it into an ist ism fight. If there were any truth to the pathetic accusation, I wouldn't be a ST fan and Voyager wouldn't be my favourite series in ST.

God you are such an honest innocent lad aren't you. Just going round giving friendly opinions and all us big SJW bullies are trying to pick fights with you. Ah bless

• Advertisement

God you are such an honest innocent lad aren't you. Just going round giving friendly opinions and all us big SJW bullies are trying to pick fights with you. Ah bless

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Is that an old habit? I took you to be an atheist.

Stay Free

I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

War with Klingons
    Tyler/A Klingon spy
    Mirror Universe
    Mirror Lorca spy
    The Sphere
    Section 31
    Control
    The Tardigrade
    Red Angel/Signals
    The Burn
    Georgiou Dying
    Osyrra/Emerald Chain

Don't forget the mysterious music. Though I guess that and the planet can be tied into the Burn.
    As said, each of these could be done as single or double episode in previous series. And would involve different characters in the story and resolution.
    All the STD stories heavily involved Michael at the beginning and end.

I have only seen a handful of TOS episodes, a few films and the Abrams films, and I could've named Kirk, Scotty, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Uhura and Chekhov before the Abrams films.
    Same with TNG. Have seen the occasional episode and could name all of the regular characters.
    Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise I saw more of and know all of them, regular and recurring.
    But after watching every episode of Discovery, I would be hard pressed to name all of the bridge crew without looking them up. Before this season I would still look Detmer's name up. I couldn't tell you who the 2 guys are that it keeps showing and may say a word or 2 every now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Do you not see the distinction between a glaring incident in an episode that people talk about a lot in that specific episode's thread, and the same ad naseum whinge repeated over and over, in thread after thread after thread?

I'm a fucker for the repeated whinge myself, usually on writing and plot development, but try to keep my criticisms to events and examples from that specific episode. It just gets really tiring to read the same nebulous comments about box-ticking/SJWs/masculinity etc etc, particularly when they don't come with specific opinions and dissections on why whatever instance of it they saw this week was harmful to the episode.

IMO these are things that actually just aren't harmful to the show at all - but the specific writing and execution of those subjects can be. Same as the writing and execution of most aspects of this show.

Weird comment. It's the vernacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ah lads just leave it will ya’s. You’s have all said your piece on the subject and each other. It’s just coming across as grow ups being rude to each other now.

By all means ignore my comment but it’d be nice if you’s just ignored each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

I blame the camera twirl. That frickin twirl.

Ah lads just leave it will ya’s. You’s have all said your piece on the subject and each other. It’s just coming across as grow ups being rude to each other now.

By all means ignore my comment but it’d be nice if you’s just ignored each other.

You ok hun, you seem triggered?
    :D

Pretty sure you started it this time with your moaning about "masculinity" and "normal men" int the show

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't forget the mysterious music. Though I guess that and the planet can be tied into the Burn.
    As said, each of these could be done as single or double episode in previous series. And would involve different characters in the story and resolution.
    All the STD stories heavily involved Michael at the beginning and end.

I have only seen a handful of TOS episodes, a few films and the Abrams films, and I could've named Kirk, Scotty, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Uhura and Chekhov before the Abrams films.
    Same with TNG. Have seen the occasional episode and could name all of the regular characters.
    Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise I saw more of and know all of them, regular and recurring.
    But after watching every episode of Discovery, I would be hard pressed to name all of the bridge crew without looking them up. Before this season I would still look Detmer's name up. I couldn't tell you who the 2 guys are that it keeps showing and may say a word or 2 every now and again.

Unless they completely abandon serialisation and go fully episodic I just can't see them ever giving the rest of the bridge crew enough to make them memorable. That Owo confession that she can hold her breath for 10 mins is being treated like a massive step forward in her character development in some parts tells you how poorly served these characters are. Between Burnham, Tilly , Saru, Stamets, Culber and now possibly Adira, there's simply not enough episodes to go around.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Do you not see the distinction between a glaring incident in an episode that people talk about a lot in that specific episode's thread, and the same ad naseum whinge repeated over and over, in thread after thread after thread?

I'm a fucker for the repeated whinge myself, usually on writing and plot development, but try to keep my criticisms to events and examples from that specific episode. It just gets really tiring to read the same nebulous comments about box-ticking/SJWs/masculinity etc etc, particularly when they don't come with specific opinions and dissections on why whatever instance of it they saw this week was harmful to the episode.

IMO these are things that actually just aren't harmful to the show at all - but the specific writing and execution of those subjects can be. Same as the writing and execution of most aspects of this show.

I'm not a regular in this section so i'm unaware of repeated comments in other threads. Had that been pointed out specifically, I would have been understanding of that. I wasn't even aware it was a specific episode thread. I just saw ST discovery on the home page and commented.
    Weird comment. It's the vernacular.

He called me God. It was a joke, a play on words.

Stay Free

What I always found odd was why The Burnham shared quarter’s with Silly, I mean Tilly. Even in enterprise T pol didn’t share rooms nor did even maywether. Especially after the whole elevator fiasco/scene we know there’s plenty of room on the ship.

Post script, they lifted the new uniforms from doctors evil.

What I always found odd was why The Burnham shared quarter’s with Silly, I mean Tilly. Even in enterprise T pol didn’t share rooms nor did even maywether. Especially after the whole elevator fiasco/scene we know there’s plenty of room on the ship.
    Sure the whole thing is elevator space, I'm surprised the crew even have quarters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm not a regular in this section so i'm unaware of repeated comments in other threads. Had that been pointed out specifically, I would have been understanding of that. I wasn't even aware it was a specific episode thread. I just saw ST discovery on the home page and commented.

He called me God. It was a joke, a play on words.

Yup, the name of the thread we're talking in is; Discovery 3x13 - 'That Hope Is You, Part 2'

And yeah, this exact subject has derailed quite a few of these episode threads already this season, so we're re-plowing already very well furrowed soil here.

And alas, it tends to be the argument that gets the most noise and traction online, which leads to the argument that if you don't like discovery it's cause you're a closed minded bigot. Which from most of the conversations on here is patently not true, given peoples thoughtful explanations and dissections of all the storytelling problems within the show. But with the 'woke' complaints returning week after week, we keep getting pulled back into that ground again, and away from the more insightful aspects of critique that have made this section of the Discovery discussion different from the other corners of the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I was pretty much done with The Michael Burnham Show before this episode aired but when she said 'Let's Fly' at the end I threw up in my mouth a little. S1 was bad, S2 was worse and this season broke my god damned heart. :(

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I was pretty much done with The Michael Burnham Show before this episode aired but when she said 'Let's Fly' at the end I threw up in my mouth a little. S1 was bad, S2 was worse and this season broke my god damned heart. :(

Let's fly was done as such a moment too.
    She was first officer already so it's not the first time she would have ever ordered the ship to warp so why suddenly the catchphrase
    Picard the show had a very similar moment but that was after 7 years of it being his catchphrase and 20 years or whatever since we heard it last. They were not trying to force this moment on us from day 1 in TNG

Discovery really needs to learn not to try so hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Phrases like "engage" used to be something the fans enjoyed. Now there's running in-show jokes about choosing the best line. Ugh.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Phrases like "engage" used to be something the fans enjoyed. Now there's running in-show jokes about choosing the best line. Ugh.

There deliberately mocking Trek fans doing that, same with the Spock thing in the nevar episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure I saw something similar to that whole elevator thing somewhere before. Might have been the Total Recall remake.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw something similar to that whole elevator thing somewhere before. Might have been the Total Recall remake.

The Colin Farrell version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Pretty sure you started it this time with your moaning about "masculinity" and "normal men" int the show

Pretty sure you’re wrong.

Lets make a bet.... if you’re wrong about me then this subject gets dropped instantly?

Deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement