Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD first year summer project...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 leeolee

ookay project in short is collecting random stuff....
    like:
    4 things that have roots,
    5 things that make a sound,
    6 things that can be a home/habitat,
    4 recordings of motion,
    5 things that represent a diff culture,
    5 things of personal value,
    4 images from the internet,
    upload 3 things to the internet,
    1 set of fragments,
    a box.....

yar its something like that!!!!^^
    ohh do not fret...swine flu apperently isnt that bad..its just a regular flu but a tad bit stronger medication prescribed......XDDDD

that whole upload three things to the internet..ehm does pics to bebo count????? lol :P xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

leeolee wrote: »
    that whole upload three things to the internet..ehm does pics to bebo count????? lol :P xxx

ZOMG I WAS THINKING THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR DEVIANTART!!!! again they shouldve been waaayy more specific..then again maybe they just want and need us to know how to actually do something like that??o.O
    you on bebo??^^

ZOMG I WAS THINKING THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR DEVIANTART!!!! again they shouldve been waaayy more specific..then again maybe they just want and need us to know how to actually do something like that??o.O
    you on bebo??^^

si seniorita :P jai une bebo :P

i know, but like i think its cause our year was the first year they were trying out the new brief etc etc so like...yeah..haha we're like the guinea pigs theyr tryin out the new stuff on..x)

si seniorita :P jai une bebo :P

i know, but like i think its cause our year was the first year they were trying out the new brief etc etc so like...yeah..haha we're like the guinea pigs theyr tryin out the new stuff on..x)

oh hah ha add me?? im under Emi Kun ...again the one with the pikachu face!!^^

nyaaaaa we're the experimental year!!!! in a way thats good and bad!!!! like for us the brief was the easiest..or the hardest etc etc etc..and now the summer project...o.O everyday i tell myslef to do it...but alas.....i cannot.....has the summer gotten to you too?? its sooo boring..cos everyone else has started college and stuff....TT__TT

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

sarahpie wrote: »
    i miss core already :(:(:( going into 2nd year ! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    ick summer project freaked me out ...but it really only to get your mind going, just a starting point or what ever

aw wow cant wait to see fresh meat :)

Ahahaha, Sarah. You do NOT miss core. You're dying to get stuck into second year with me and you know it.

Guys, just chill, the first few days are always a bit daunting but you'll get stuck into it. Bring in all your summer project stuff and you'll be grand. I don't know what they've told you to get in your materials list this year but some of those things are suggestions. You will not need it all at the beginning, or some of it at all. So just get what you really need for the start.

Anyway yeah. Nothing to be afraid of, it ain't gonna kill you. See all you newbies soon.

• Advertisement

RaeRae wrote: »
    Ahahaha, Sarah. You do NOT miss core. You're dying to get stuck into second year with me and you know it.

Guys, just chill, the first few days are always a bit daunting but you'll get stuck into it. Bring in all your summer project stuff and you'll be grand. I don't know what they've told you to get in your materials list this year but some of those things are suggestions. You will not need it all at the beginning, or some of it at all. So just get what you really need for the start.

Anyway yeah. Nothing to be afraid of, it ain't gonna kill you. See all you newbies soon.

...nawh they sounds so nice and encouragin...lol..next thing yah know theyre flushing the newbies heads down the toilet.... *sigh*...;) xxxx

RaeRae wrote: »

do we HAVE to read the visual culture books?? together both books make like 1600 pages....im not fast enough at reading to finish them by the start of term...@___@

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

do we HAVE to read the visual culture books?? together both books make like 1600 pages....im not fast enough at reading to finish them by the start of term...@___@

Are you joking. Don't bother. No one does. Have a look through if you want but not even necessary.

Jesus people, stop stressing. You'll give yourselves heart attacks. Get your project done, bring in your stuff. You're set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I was talking to a friend who just finished 2nd year.....she says everyone uses suitcases for their project, books and materials on the first day...sorted!

awh sweet, i was havin heart palpatations even thiking about lugging around all that crap..:S..
    thanksies :) xxx

• Advertisement

awh sweet, i was havin heart palpatations even thiking about lugging around all that crap..:S..
    thanksies :) xxx

yar ive decided to go suitcasing!!!!^^ so dont worry bout being the only one!!XDDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 loopylas

yar i found this forum place and was like HALLELUJAH!!!! cos i was soo confused with the books and project list etc etc....><
    ahhh was that erm..papillon or something??^^ she told me to look for her in facebook...but there billions of her...she is a clone too...@___@
    uwaaaah yesh yesh lets!!^^ add me on facebook??^^ im under emi suarez......im the one with the pikachu mask for a face!!XDD

ahhahahahh id love to join your burn grouP!!!! ill have to burn one book though cos i got the other from the library...long live the library!!!!XDDD
    actually ive yet to get the other one..BUT WHEN I DO WELL BURN THEM!!!! lol!!.have you started reading them anyhoo?? i tried..TT__TT i really hope that nobody else reads em...cos im not planning on finishing em..><

sorry for the long reply....i tend to write long messages....heh heh...XDD

well hellloooo!!!!!am so glad to hav stumbled across some other 1st year ncad students as clueless as me!(no offence):p still havn't really got my head around the summer project, i mean i'm collecting the objects, but i definetly don,t have any new work to hang up on the wall!! as for those books, IM ON STRIKE TOO!!! would def be up for burning them!!!!!!! , i put them both on a study table that had a wonky leg, and it actually collapsed!!!!!!!!no joke!!!:D

loopylas wrote: »
    well hellloooo!!!!!am so glad to hav stumbled across some other 1st year ncad students as clueless as me!(no offence):p still havn't really got my head around the summer project, i mean i'm collecting the objects, but i definetly don,t have any new work to hang up on the wall!! as for those books, IM ON STRIKE TOO!!! would def be up for burning them!!!!!!! , i put them both on a study table that had a wonky leg, and it actually collapsed!!!!!!!!no joke!!!:D

waaaah they are soo heavy!!! and they expect us to bring em in on the first day, including the portfolio, art supplies and project...DUM DUM DUM.....@__@ im a little person so i dont know how thats gonna work....><

anyhoo HI HI!!!! *waves*!! whats your name, age etc etc etc!!^^ im emi, from co. clare, just fresh from LC and am 17!!XDDD

ooher question..what dyou think they mean bout items that can be dismantled...o.O like clothes we are willing to destroy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 loopylas

heya!!!!!!so ya, i think they mean clothes that can be destroyed, i'm just gona nick some of my brothers, sure he won't notice!!!!!!!! so theres no need to do any actual artwork?other than bring in your original portfolio??????................................nyways, i'm lassara lynch,am 18 ,fresh from the lc too!!!!!!am from sligo, friend me on facebook!!!!!!!!!am sooooooo nervous bout thursday, like its the apocalypse!!!!!!!!!:(:p
    and theres a freshers ball???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loopylas wrote: »
    heya!!!!!!so ya, i think they mean clothes that can be destroyed, i'm just gona nick some of my brothers, sure he won't notice!!!!!!!! so theres no need to do any actual artwork?other than bring in your original portfolio??????................................nyways, i'm lassara lynch,am 18 ,fresh from the lc too!!!!!!am from sligo, friend me on facebook!!!!!!!!!am sooooooo nervous bout thursday, like its the apocalypse!!!!!!!!!:(:p
    and theres a freshers ball???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahahahahahha alas my brother would soo notice if i take his things...ill find clothes somewhere...hrrmm..maybe my uniform??XP
    no need to do artwork...just bring in portfolio..thats what they say anyhoo...
    ooher i looked for you on facebook..is your pic one with many ppl and someone with an eyepatch??o.O

waaaahhhh yeah.....thursday is so soon...>< not that im dreading it..just quite nervouse.......
    yeah theres a freshers ball and week and rag week and all those collegey kind of stuff.....meeep....
    i wonder what the goody bags will have??.....DUM DUM DUM!!!!!!!!!!^^

ahahahahahha alas my brother would soo notice if i take his things...ill find clothes somewhere...hrrmm..maybe my uniform??XP
    no need to do artwork...just bring in portfolio..thats what they say anyhoo...
    ooher i looked for you on facebook..is your pic one with many ppl and someone with an eyepatch??o.O

waaaahhhh yeah.....thursday is so soon...>< not that im dreading it..just quite nervouse.......
    yeah theres a freshers ball and week and rag week and all those collegey kind of stuff.....meeep....
    i wonder what the goody bags will have??.....DUM DUM DUM!!!!!!!!!!^^
    Stop forming Cliques up in here!
    Everyone will know each other before we even get to college...

Boardsies will be the clever ones with suitcases

DigiGal wrote: »
    Stop forming Cliques up in here!
    Everyone will know each other before we even get to college...

Boardsies will be the clever ones with suitcases

lol!! join the clique so!!!!!! the more the merrier!!!XP HI HI!!! *waves*^^ se yall 2mo!!!!....meeep......XDD

ooh yesh yesh you going suitcasing too??XDDDD

Don't cha know I'm the one who started the suitcase trend :D

Cliques woo!

Don't cha know I'm the one who started the suitcase trend :D

Cliques woo!

ha ha really?? the suitcase was a good idea...they want us too carry way too much....><

cliques...ha ha i havent use dthat word in eons!!!!
    you excited bout 2mo??^^

ha ha really?? the suitcase was a good idea...they want us too carry way too much....><

cliques...ha ha i havent use dthat word in eons!!!!
    you excited bout 2mo??^^
    A friend in NCAD told me all the first years do it lol.

Yeah! Goody Bags

• Advertisement

A friend in NCAD told me all the first years do it lol.

Yeah! Goody Bags

ahh you know ppl in ncad!! lucky!!>< wait what if its a prank they do on all the newbies?? waaaahhh.....><....heh heh..i jokes i jokes..¬_¬ ^^

ooher i wonder what they have in the goody bags??@_@

ahh you know ppl in ncad!! lucky!!>< wait what if its a prank they do on all the newbies?? waaaahhh.....><....heh heh..i jokes i jokes..¬_¬ ^^

ooher i wonder what they have in the goody bags??@_@
    Ah only from work...she is much to old and cool to hang with me lol.

I know...money to pay off our field trip
    Or a note saying HAHA You don't really have to read those giant books, maybe that is the prank

Ah only from work...she is much to old and cool to hang with me lol.

I know...money to pay off our field trip
    Or a note saying HAHA You don't really have to read those giant books, maybe that is the prank

or maybe a pop quiz to see who DID read those books..TT__TT alas i would ultimately fail..¬_¬

uwaaaah feild trip!!!! what dyou choose?? im going for st petersburge!!!!!!! *dances*^^

or maybe a pop quiz to see who DID read those books..TT__TT alas i would ultimately fail..¬_¬

uwaaaah feild trip!!!! what dyou choose?? im going for st petersburge!!!!!!! *dances*^^
    AS would I...

OMG me too...hooraaayy:D

AS would I...

OMG me too...hooraaayy:D

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! i hope many choose it......i really wanna go...its like RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XDDDDDD anyhoo im heading to bed...ive to drive up to dublin from clare 2mo...@____@.........nightio!!!^^

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! i hope many choose it......i really wanna go...its like RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XDDDDDD anyhoo im heading to bed...ive to drive up to dublin from clare 2mo...@____@.........nightio!!!^^
    Nigth Night

Advertisement