Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interested in sketching? join the Dublin City Sketchers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Flash88 wrote: »
    I'm setting up something similar here in Cork.
    Wish me luck!

Excellent! Make sure you send an email to our blog and we can put up a link to your site.. hope it goes well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Great idea... how is the group getting on?

I've gotten back into sketching since January, may be interested in joining y'all some weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flash88

Thanks Corkgirl will do.

Great idea... how is the group getting on?

I've gotten back into sketching since January, may be interested in joining y'all some weekend :)

Group is going really well, going over a year now and it's great. Welcome to join us some Sunday - send an email and we'll put you on the mailing list or check the blog for details of our meet ups. Details are posted by Friday afternoon for the following Sunday!

Any ideas for future sketching locations are always welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Not that it's really THAT important but I'm just wondering what kind of age group the people that have been heading into this are?

• Advertisement

Not that it's really THAT important but I'm just wondering what kind of age group the people that have been heading into this are?

Age group is very varied - goes from early-mid 20's right up to retirement! I'd say the average age would be in the late 20's/ early 30's. Pretty big cross-section of society, people from all walks of life and different skills/interests!

This week we are heading for Temple Bar at 1pm, opposite the Quay's pub in the Main Square. All are welcome to come along!

Meeting at 1pm at the Hugh Lane Gallery Parnell Square this Sunday - all welcome!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 jimycraxcorn

Hi, I've been reading about you're group and activities and Id be interested in coming along to one of your Sunday meetups to see what its like. I used to run an Arts and Expression society in my old University where we used to offer painting and sketching classes so def curious as to what the group has to offer. Im actually returning from Limerick tomorrow and I dont get in until 1pm. Would it be possible to wait round a few extra minutes till ten past/quarter past 1 and if not would it be possible to catch up with yee where ever you're planning on sketching tomorrow (or are yee staying at the gallery to sketch?)

Brian

Hi, I've been reading about you're group and activities and Id be interested in coming along to one of your Sunday meetups to see what its like. I used to run an Arts and Expression society in my old University where we used to offer painting and sketching classes so def curious as to what the group has to offer. Im actually returning from Limerick tomorrow and I dont get in until 1pm. Would it be possible to wait round a few extra minutes till ten past/quarter past 1 and if not would it be possible to catch up with yee where ever you're planning on sketching tomorrow (or are yee staying at the gallery to sketch?)

Brian

Hiya Brian,

Ya no worries just pop into the gallery when you arrive and you'll see us - we generally wander through the gallery and search for something to sketch for a couple of hours, then meet for coffees (3pm) to show our work and have a chat about it etc.

You're more than welcome to come along, bring a sketchpad and whatever you like to sketch with and see how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eva_W

Great to know that there's something going on in Dublin, I'll definetely try to show up at one of your meetings! =)

• Advertisement

Hey hows it going all? I tried to catch yee for the meetup at christchurch yesterday but no one from the group was around. did yee split exactly at 1 to somewhere else or was it called off?

Hey hows it going all? I tried to catch yee for the meetup at christchurch yesterday but no one from the group was around. did yee split exactly at 1 to somewhere else or was it called off?

Hiya! I wasn't around this weekend so I don't know, but put a post on the blog for a response!! I know there were at least 8 out sketching, so they were out and about alright!

I hear theres an international soc bbq on in phoenix park this weekend, might be a good idea to sketchin round that area next sunday, get a few munchies and beer afterwards. What do people think?

I hear theres an international soc bbq on in phoenix park this weekend, might be a good idea to sketchin round that area next sunday, get a few munchies and beer afterwards. What do people think?

Sounds good - I can't seem to find any info on it - can you post it on the blog?

Hi , yeah the link is http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=1105&post=3427524, I've just realised something though. The 1st actually a Saturday not a Sunday. Hmmm, ah well, if you dont mind a sketchers meet up on Saturday instead of Sunday I guess its ok. But I guess if you want to stick to Sunday we could always just head out there ourselves if others are up for it.Would be nice for landscapes. Guess its down to what others say.

Hi , yeah the link is http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=1105&post=3427524, I've just realised something though. The 1st actually a Saturday not a Sunday. Hmmm, ah well, if you dont mind a sketchers meet up on Saturday instead of Sunday I guess its ok. But I guess if you want to stick to Sunday we could always just head out there ourselves if others are up for it.Would be nice for landscapes. Guess its down to what others say.

We have to keep things straightforward for our members, Sunday's is our thing!! it's an idea though and we haven't gone out to Phoenix park in a while. It is very weather dependant, that's the only thing. Send an email to the sketchers email on the blog and I'll add you as a member - that way you can post on the blog - I'm the only one that checks boards really!

Either way, should be a good weekends sketching ahead - if I make it - I have Metallica on Sat nite :D

Never mind sure,ill just leave it as an open air suggestion. If people have other suggestions on Sunday, Im cool with going along with that. Im going to this gathering on sat anyway so it doesnt matter too much. Btw sent a message on for membership of the blogspot. Anyway, enjoy Metallica on saturday.

As an idea - who likes trains??

KINGSTOWN SPECIAL - STEAM TRAIN CELEBRATION
    A celebration of 175 years of the first train line in Ireland is taking place in Dun Laoghaire on Sun 02 Aug at the Dun Laoghaire Dart Station and with entertainment from 12:30-17:30 on the Harbour Plaza. In association with the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland and Iarnrod Eireann, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council present The Kingstown Special, a majestic historic old steam train so that people can travel back in time on a grand old steam train with vintage railway carriages and a beautifully restored snack and bar café.
    http://www.dlrevents.ie/special.html

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Em, hi :)
    I'm new here and i'd love to join this sketching group. I can't make it to tomorrows meet up in dun laoghaire but i'd love to go to the next one, do you guys meet up every sunday or just most sundays? :P
    Bookmarking http://dublinsketchers.blogspot.com now :D

swapple wrote: »
    Em, hi :)
    I'm new here and i'd love to join this sketching group. I can't make it to tomorrows meet up in dun laoghaire but i'd love to go to the next one, do you guys meet up every sunday or just most sundays? :P
    Bookmarking http://dublinsketchers.blogspot.com now :D

Hi swapple! We meet every Sunday, at different locations - send a mail to us from the blog and we will add you to the mailing list if you like - that way you'll get an email every Friday to let you know where we're going! Plus of course if you have any suggestions on where to go - shout them out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

cheers, see you guys on sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lollipop08

great see you then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 OnderGrund

Hi all,

Just had a nose around on the blog, looks like a fantastic group of ppl and this week's location is fab. I'm hoping to arrange a lift into town and be there, sketchbooks in tow!

OnderGrund wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just had a nose around on the blog, looks like a fantastic group of ppl and this week's location is fab. I'm hoping to arrange a lift into town and be there, sketchbooks in tow!

Good to hear OnderGrund! We'll be inside the main doors of the Hugh Lane Gallery at 1pm! Meeting for coffee at 3pm downstairs - so if you're late don't worry, just come along after for coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

hope its somewhere good for next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bumm

Hi All

Have been doing a bit of life drawing lately. I just found your thread and would like to get involved
    in the new year if your still meeting up. I will have a look
    at the blogspot site in the meantime. If anyone likes to post
    a reply about your activities feel free.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi Pat,

Take a look at the site and maybe send us an email from there - the link is on the right hand side of the page. That way you'll be on the mailing list and will get an email each week letting you know where we're meeting up.

Thanks for your interest :)

This week we're having our Christmas get-together aka beeers and mulled wine in the Christmas markets - all are welcome to join us!!
    Cork_girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bumm

Thanks your quick off the mark.

Yes had a look at the blog and it looks great.

Hopefully i will be able to go along in the new year.

Happy xmas

Sketching will resume on Sunday 10th January :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Hi ,
    where do you normally meet? Wouldnt mind joining something like this, havent drawn in a long time would love to get back into it, is it open to all levels of expereince ? :)

Advertisement