Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

• 14-11-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ablelocks

some deals started this week already....

Countdown to Black Friday Sale

some early deals on Amazon Echo / Philips Hue bundles...

20% off android tables

30% of selection of phones

Due to the range of different Bargain types, post a new thread with the bargain or in a related thread if you found it cheaper.
    Use this thread for general chat instead, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Wal-Mart are doing a ps4/Spider-Man combo for 199 bucks in America hopefully Amazon will do something similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thanks OP, I was planning on getting the Garmin Vivomove HR anyway and it's 24% off!

I've never used the early deals before, are these the same offers that will be on Black Friday? So same price just earlier? Seems like an obvious question but I'm doubting myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hopefully sports direct will have a discount code floating around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

TheChizler wrote: »
    Thanks OP, I was planning on getting the Garmin Vivomove HR anyway and it's 24% off!

I've never used the early deals before, are these the same offers that will be on Black Friday? So same price just earlier? Seems like an obvious question but I'm doubting myself.

Well, no. BF offers are going online on 16 Nov as confirmed by the banner on the paged linked by the OP. That said, no one can guarantee your item is going to be cheaper or even still discounted in two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ablelocks

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hopefully sports direct will have a discount code floating around

not on amazon they won't....

Amazon France, Germany Spain and Italy are also doing similar countdown sales...

• Advertisement

Well, no. BF offers are going online on 16 Nov as confirmed by the banner on the paged linked by the OP. That said, no one can guarantee your item is going to be cheaper or even still discounted in two days.
    That's what I thought but it's allowing me to buy at the reduced price right now, this is from right under the banner:
    Shop our Early Black Friday Deals now
    Find great deals from every department below, including our early Black Friday Sale deals. Stay up to date with the latest Black Friday Sale deals, by subscribing to our Daily Deals Email.

That's what I thought but it's allowing me to buy at the reduced price right now, this is from right under the banner:
    Amazon have such offers every day, they just rebranded them to lure more customers. If you are happy with the current price, why not pull the trigger now and check the price again in two days? If it gets better you can always refuse the delivery of the first one or even cancel the purchase if it's not been shipped by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Amazon have such offers every day, they just rebranded them to lure more customers. If you are happy with the current price, why not pull the trigger now and check the price again in two days? If it gets better you can always refuse the delivery of the first one or even cancel the purchase if it's not been shipped by then.

If it's cheaper in two days, Amazon will refund difference if you ask nicely.

If it gets better you can always refuse the delivery of the first one
    I wouldn't be as brazen as that! :D But asking nicely might work as givecredit says.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Moved in to a new place so want to get some appliances on the cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I wouldn't be as brazen as that! :D But asking nicely might work as givecredit says.

Worked for Amazon years ago, there used by a policy that if you bought something and it changed price very close to when you purchased they'd refund the difference or apply a gift card. But it wasn't automatic back then (this is 10 years ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I believe they changed policy on refunding difference recently, they now say to return the item you bought at higher price and place new order at lower price

That's my experience recently when I tried to get a refund of the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

BArra wrote: »
    I believe they changed policy on refunding difference recently, they now say to return the item you bought at higher price and place new order at lower price

That's my experience recently when I tried to get a refund of the difference

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Wal-Mart are doing a ps4/Spider-Man combo for 199 bucks in America hopefully Amazon will do something similar

cheapest i could find that was 550 dollars, where are you seeing it for 199?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

soups05 wrote:

On black Friday. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Looking for a deal on the JBL Flip 4 speaker, if anyone spots one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just looked back at my orders from last year - most of the stuff I got was actually on the warehouse deals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am PRIMED and ready ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

ablelocks wrote: »
    just looked back at my orders from last year - most of the stuff I got was actually on the warehouse deals...

Do they have decent warehouse discounts during Black Friday sales?

Today was a bad day for the wallet. Darn you OP!

• Advertisement

soups05 wrote: »

https://www.cnet.com/news/black-friday-2018-walmart-deals-xbox-one-ps4-google-home-hub-instant-pot-bose-ipad-roku-sales-14/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Amazon can fcuk off, the state of the packages they send out it's pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

ablelocks wrote: »

Aye.

The extra 20% off warehouse stuff is the one to go for....if they do it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Never had an issue:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Nollog

They select the boxes to suit the van is what I've heard.
    So if the boxes are fit tight into the van, nothing can move and be damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What’s wrong with them? Less plastic ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ted1 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with them? Less plastic ?

Let’s jot get into this please. Keep the thread on topic. Amazon bargains please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Soarer wrote: »
    Aye.

The extra 20% off warehouse stuff is the one to go for....if they do it again!

I have had a look at our local Amazon.de in anticipation of this again but the prices seem off the wall for anything I looked at this time even with 20% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Honor 9 lite is now £120.
    Great budget phone with Face ID and fingerprint sensor on back. I bought two previously. One for my son and one for mother in law.
    Great for the money.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/storage-Camera-Display-Official-Device-Blue/dp/B079TMXQ7J?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelanonalerts-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B079TMXQ7J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

givecredit wrote: »
    If it's cheaper in two days, Amazon will refund difference if you ask nicely.

They haven't been doing this in a while now. They tell you to buy the cheaper one and refuse delivery of the first one.

I have had a look at our local Amazon.de in anticipation of this again but the prices seem off the wall for anything I looked at this time even with 20% off
    Well, lucky you anyways. At least last year, the warehouse deals -20% promo went online at the same nominal time across Europe, so one hour later in UK than everywhere else. By the time it launched in UK, all items I was interested in were gone already, as they must have been available on all their sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

For any runners out there - GBP100 off the new Vivoactive 3 Music: http://amzn.eu/d/7D6z9qb

Been watching this for a while. Some great reviews. Great balance between every day smart watch and fitness watch.

Cheapest it's been - not even updated on CCC yet.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Garmin-vivoactive-Music-Smartwatch-Playback/product/B07CR8NBQB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

garion wrote: »
    For any runners out there - GBP100 off the new Vivoactive 3 Music: http://amzn.eu/d/7D6z9qb

Been watching this for a while. Some great reviews. Great balance between every day smart watch and fitness watch.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Garmin-vivoactive-Music-Smartwatch-Playback/product/B07CR8NBQB

Been watching this as well so thanks for the heads up. Interestingly, if I choose my Parcel Wizard UK address the price stays at £199, with £0 delivery, but if I choose my home Irish address the price changes £204.99 but the delivery stays at £0. So they are making it look like free delivery but actually loading the delivery cost on the product. How sneaky is that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

mika27 wrote: »
    Been watching this as well so thanks for the heads up. Interestingly, if I choose my Parcel Wizard UK address the price stays at £199, with £0 delivery, but if I choose my home Irish address the price changes £204.99 but the delivery stays at £0. So they are making it look like free delivery but actually loading the delivery cost on the product. How sneaky is that!

Not sneaky at all.

They apply Irish VAT rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

mika27 wrote:

Different Vat rates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Found on hotukdeals

3104274.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Anyone buying electronics off the warehouse or is better to just buy new?

The monitors will be cheap but no good if it has to be returned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Soarer wrote: »
    Not sneaky at all.

They apply Irish VAT rates.

Ok...never noticed that before. Thanks

If a Amazon ps4 deal goes live post here please thanking you

I've been fixated on getting the Vivoactive 3 for a long time. I got the original Vivoactive for £99 on black friday a few years back. The only thing that puts me off is the screen. It still looks just as poor as the original did with the backlight. Decisions decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Anyone buying electronics off the warehouse or is better to just buy new?

The monitors will be cheap but no good if it has to be returned

I always buy warehouse deals and never had a problem. My TV, monitor, coffee maker, mobile phone etc are all from warehouse deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I always buy warehouse deals and never had a problem. My TV, monitor, coffee maker, mobile phone etc are all from warehouse deals

I've bought plenty too but have had to return 2/2 tvs and a few other bits. Would still buy again just to be aware its not always perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

sweetie wrote: »
    I've bought plenty too but have had to return 2/2 tvs and a few other bits. Would still buy again just to be aware its not always perfect

What's the return policy like with warehouse stuff? Can you return without issue (or cost) like a normal product or is it harder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

What's the return policy like with warehouse stuff? Can you return without issue (or cost) like a normal product or is it harder?

It's easy to return. Normally they'll offer for you to return for full refund or keep for X refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭j_lennon18

It was the exact same for me. Iv bought 2 times from warehouse deals and I had to return 1 item. I ordered that item to Parcel Motel so I even asked them if they could issue the return label from Ireland so I got an An Post label and returned for free.

I'm all set with my new account and free prime

Will top up the gift card later,it's better for changing your mind in a hurry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Any idea does the Warehouse 20% kick off at 12am tonight?

Can't remember what they do for Black Friday. Might be 20% off select items whereas the January sales is usually 20% off everything.

SachaJ wrote: »
    Any idea does the Warehouse 20% kick off at 12am tonight?

Can't remember what they do for Black Friday. Might be 20% off select items whereas the January sales is usually 20% off everything.

20% off everything I'd say

I had a 49" lg monitor bought last year for about 230 Euro,I changed my mind and cancelled it .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wbd1989

Need to buy a Nintendo Switch, any thoughts if a console only offer will appear? There's a bundle available but both games are not on the list... or is this generally how console deals are offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭user1842

Google store US will have great deals starting tomorrow.

Does anyone know will the same deals be in their IE store?

• Advertisement
Advertisement