Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I deleted a post because it wasn't helpful.

Turns out I also thought today was Black Friday - mainly because all the hype on here about it. I was wondering why the deals were so crap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

confusicus wrote: »
    This will be the lowest it'll go
    Ta! I figured as much going by the prices they were sold at in previous years but I was just a bit suss when they were reduced down early.
    I'm the type of person who would buy a top one week and it's in the sale the following week!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Maybe not the place for it so I apologize in advance.

But I've two of the old Amazon FireStick's (1st Gen). But they struggle with Emby which I use most often. Thinking of trading them both in - is it worth picking up the new Firestick (non 4K model) or something else?

Already have a Nvidia Shield for primary use but this is just going in a bedroom so another Shield would be a big dent on the pocket / overkill on a wee 32" TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

I see a year's Playstation Plus membership for 39 pounds, UK account, would that work here???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

bladespin wrote:
    I see a year's Playstation Plus membership for 39 pounds, UK account, would that work here???

No, you'd have to change your location to the UK. I don't know if you can actually still do that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

bladespin wrote: »

You answered your own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

F1ngers wrote: »
    You answered your own question.

Well no, I didn't/don't know if accounts are area locked or if the UK covers Ireland as far as Sony are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Doge wrote: »
    Camel Camel Camel doesn't alert you on or track deal of the day prices.

Should be good outside of those though.

It alerted me to the price drop on firesticks and echo dots this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

bladespin wrote: »
    Well no, I didn't/don't know if accounts are area locked or if the UK covers Ireland as far as Sony are concerned.
    UK psplus card will only work on a psn account that was set up with a UK address. You can't change your country once the account is created.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

How well does this work in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

gerryk wrote: »
    How well does this work in Ireland?

I love mine you can get Netlix, all4 and some other apps working without any issue but if you want to get bbciplayer, itv player etc on it you would need to use different means

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

It alerted me to the price drop on firesticks and echo dots this morning

Yeah they don't seem to be "Deal of the Day" deals which are limited to 24 hours before they end. Everything else is fine.

UK psplus card will only work on a psn account that was set up with a UK address. You can't change your country once the account is created.

Also worth baring in mind you won't have access to the ps plus games already on your Irish account if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone know if the 4K Amazon Fire Stick will work here with the usual jiggery-pokery OR will Customer Services adapt it for you post purchase?

I see they don't deliver to Ireland either so Parcel Motel etc. I'm guessing for delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anyone know if the 4K Amazon Fire Stick will work here with the usual jiggery-pokery OR will Customer Services adapt it for you post purchase?

I see they don't deliver to Ireland either so Parcel Motel etc. I'm guessing for delivery.

No problems with getting it to work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Something to ponder for all you guys who believe the Black Friday hype ....

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-14/ignore-those-estimates-of-black-friday-spending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

New kindle paper white 4, waterproof, reduced from 120 to 90 sterling. I almost bought it last week when it was released for full price so I’m a relatively happy bunny.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What are you linking that here for lol
    If people want to buy something and it’s rediced then surely it’s the time to buy ?
    Most shops use it to clear old stock who cares once the buyer gets why they want
    There’s no hype at all

There’s always one eh

The OP should give us regular contributors a bit more credit than that!

I think we're fairly competent enough to spot an actual bargain over a trick like a price hike the day before.

We have the knowledge, we have the power!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Opened my new Amazon account last wk for free prime (which by the way you can share prime with one of your older accounts which I've done). New account had a couple of top up promotions under gift cards today. Give a card for £30 and get £6 in credit and top up by £40 and get £5 in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Was looking for a dashcam and found the 70mai at an excellent price. It also has very good reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Amouar wrote: »
    Was looking for a dashcam and found the 70mai at an excellent price. It also has very good reviews.
    Very good thanks, that's the first Christmas present sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Doge wrote: »
    Also worth baring in mind you won't have access to the ps plus games already on your Irish account if I remember correctly.
    Yeah, that's correct. If you already have psplus on an irish account, then there is no point in creating a UK account just to get cheaper PS Plus as when ps plus expires on the Irish account you will lose access to all psplus games purchased on that account until you renew your subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads what do you reckon on that price for the kindle paperwhite. Do you think it will get lower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Mods, is it possible to create a seperate thread with just bargains and one with questions. As one poster already pointed out, following this thread is a nightmare if you have to sift through so much discussion. Its just going to push traffic towards hukd which isnt good for boards.ie business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Hogzy wrote: »
    Mods, is it possible to create a seperate thread with just bargains and one with questions. As one poster already pointed out, following this thread is a nightmare if you have to sift through so much discussion. Its just going to push traffic towards hukd which isnt good for boards.ie business.

Like a Dumbass thread for people who can't sift info

And a Mensa thread for people not bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thomyokk wrote: »

Could I be forgiven for interpreting that as a 'dumbass' reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Thomyokk wrote: »

Well done! Great contibution. Now go play on your tricycle outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hogzy wrote: »

I asked yesterday but got no reply

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Amazon Black Friday no chat thread needed

Its better to leave this is a chat thread, and to post the bargains individually at their own merit. If the item is found cheaper then it can be posted in that thread keeping related items together.

Title renamed to clarify and note added to first post. Report a post to contact the mods rather than posting on thread please .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Tried to buy Philips 50PUS6753 but they won't ship here due to 'sensitive parts' according to CS!

Advertisement