Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads what do you reckon on that price for the kindle paperwhite. Do you think it will get lower

Amazon lower prices on their devices a few times during the year. I bought a kindle papewhite for my missus early summer for the same price (89.99).
    Its an excellent device, and a great price, hard to say if it will get lower.

must say though, the Echo, and Echo dot, are well worth it. Plus it's funny when my missus starts swearing at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Hogzy wrote: »
    Mods, is it possible to create a seperate thread with just bargains and one with questions. As one poster already pointed out, following this thread is a nightmare if you have to sift through so much discussion. Its just going to push traffic towards hukd which isnt good for boards.ie business.

Scroll down the page and watch out for a pound £ or euro € symbol. Why is this so difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Scroll down the page and watch out for a pound £ or euro € symbol. Why is this so difficult?

The irony of that statement :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Davy wrote: »
    Its better to leave this is a chat thread, and to post the bargains individually at their own merit. If the item is found cheaper then it can be posted in that thread keeping related items together.

Title renamed to clarify and note added to first post. Report a post to contact the mods rather than posting on thread please .

That means monitoring the forum for individual threads that pop up ? Instead of one thread where people can post them as they find them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Do people buy perfume from amazon ? Have to get some euphoria blossom as a Xmas present but didn’t seem to be too many stockists with prime delivery ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Lads what do you reckon on that price for the kindle paperwhite. Do you think it will get lower

I can't see it going any lower than that... At least during this Black Friday period. It's a really new model and the promos suggest it will go back up soon.

Kindle readers are dear enough for what they are but in fairness 89 quid for then new, just released model is a really good price.

I went for it earlier today. You'll be kicking yourself if you see it back up at 129 in a few days.... .

Does any one know if they still take the ads off if you ask nicely? They did it for me a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I can't see it going any lower than that... At least during this Black Friday period. It's a really new model and the promos suggest it will go back up soon.Kindle readers are dear enough for what they are but in fairness 89 quid for the new, just released model is a really good price. I went for it earlier today. You'll be kicking yourself if you see it back up at 129 in a few days.... . Does any one know if they still take the ads off if you ask nicely? They did it for me a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Finish Dishwasher Tablets, 90 for €8.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01D4R2SRI/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

The closest Tesco online equivalent is 85 for €24

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=295594991

So roughly 1/3 price at Amazon. Free delivery with Prime, snagged 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Are the likes of the Amazon Dot and Echo still likely to be on offer tomorrow or will they put them back up again?

My prime membership got suspended due to an expired card and wont be sorted until tomorrow - but don't want to miss out on the deal waiting for prime/quicker delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

bugger... they won't ship the Firestick to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Masala wrote: »
    bugger... they won't ship the Firestick to Ireland.

Parcel Motel is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

campo wrote: »
    Parcel Motel is the way to go.

What about AddressPal???? Can I trust them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

They're an post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Finish Dishwasher Tablets, 90 for €8.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01D4R2SRI/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

The closest Tesco online equivalent is 85 for €24

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=295594991

So roughly 1/3 price at Amazon. Free delivery with Prime, snagged 2.
    Tesco put them up to offer on sale later. These are always available somewhere for a tenner or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Asus X540L wrote: »
    They're an post

So No is the answer there!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone got the Blink XT? Any good? Anyone using Home Assistant integration with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Anyone got the Blink XT? Any good? Anyone using Home Assistant integration with it?

Yes. Yes. Yes. 😊

Down to 160 for a twin pack. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

After deciding to not pull the trigger on yesterdays Philips 43inch tv for 399 it's now shot up to 480 and I have non-buyers remorse.
    This is worse than buyers remorse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Are the likes of the Amazon Dot and Echo still likely to be on offer tomorrow or will they put them back up again?

My prime membership got suspended due to an expired card and wont be sorted until tomorrow - but don't want to miss out on the deal waiting for prime/quicker delivery.

I got 3 in Argos today, not much in it price wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

After deciding to not pull the trigger on yesterdays Philips 43inch tv for 399 it's now shot up to 480 and I have non-buyers remorse.
    This is worse than buyers remorse :(

This any good for ye?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=13780

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Reckon the new 4k firestick will be going for £35 next Fri so I'd hold off buying the older model.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

I have used Addresspal from time to time and never had an issue - nominate your Post Office and when it arrives you get a text confirming same.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goodtiming

Hibrasil wrote: »
    I have used Addresspal from time to time and never had an issue - nominate your Post Office and when it arrives you get a text confirming same.

Do they deliver large packages?

I know PW will deliver a telly up to 55 inches but Amazon won't deliver bigger to northern Ireland. Just wondering if AddressPal might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is there any way for multiple products to be delivered together for parcel motel? For example when I order 3 items from different vendors I get hit with 3 separate PM charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is there any way for multiple products to be delivered together for parcel motel? For example when I order 3 items from different vendors I get hit with 3 separate PM charges.

Not from different vendors, no. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

iggy wrote: »
    Reckon the new 4k firestick will be going for £35 next Fri so I'd hold off buying the older model.

Yip, I'm thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

iggy wrote: »

Picked up the older one yesterday. Is there much of a difference specs wise? I wouldn't have much need for 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Picked up the older one yesterday. Is there much of a difference specs wise? I wouldn't have much need for 4k.

I like the new remote and spec is improved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

km79 wrote: »
    Do people buy perfume from amazon ? Have to get some euphoria blossom as a Xmas present but didn’t seem to be too many stockists with prime delivery ?

bought many times, through addresspal

Advertisement