Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Mike9832 wrote: »
    She could have been sold and alot of incredibly powerful/wealthy people have sick habits

Paedophilia is a €150billion business

I was called out earlier for overly focusing on the most outlandish theories but it didn’t take long for yet another one to be wrecklessly thrown out with no basis.
    These conspiracy theories are popping up every few hours and have absolutely no evidence to support them at all, yet were expected to just ‘ignore and move on’.
    Like it’s ridiculous that this is even being suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I was called out earlier for overly focusing on the most outlandish theories but it didn’t take long for yet another one to be wrecklessly thrown out with no basis.
    These conspiracy theories are popping up every few hours and have absolutely no basis at all.

Its as ridiculous as an abduction

No evidence for any of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Something Else
    These conspiracy theories are popping up every few hours and have absolutely no evidence to support them at all, yet were expected to just ‘ignore and move on’.

Theres absolutely no evidence she was abducted either but you've no problem with people saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Its character building

All those deleted messages and calls by the Mccanns

It was an adult holiday, sure David Payne was supposedly banging Kate, the devouted catholic

Gerry getting up early to go play tennis when he should have been looking for Maddie in his blog

Something was incredibly odd with them

If I had to pick one theory, it's they sold Maddie

Will you give the nonsense a rest please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Something Else
    What's in it for these people to cover up a child murder, prey tell?

Who knows it's all speculation between 8 and 10pm really

• Advertisement

Will you give the nonsense a rest please

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

No

How about go to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Theres absolutely no evidence she was abducted either but you've no problem with people saying that?

It’s absolute nonsense.
    I don’t personally believe the parents were involved, accidentally or intentionally, but I do understand why others might think otherwise.
    I respect other people’s right to believe otherwise as it’s a divisive topic.

But are we really expected to seriously debate whether Madeleines parents sold her on to a human sex trafficking pedophile ring? When there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to back it up?
    Or are we all just throwing around wild accusations for the fun of it, with or without logic and reasoning? Anything goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Something Else
    How do you know they haven’t come close to cracking?? From the extremely soft, stage managed and scripted interviews they’ve done??

I remember they were on the LLS a few years ago, shilling their book. The last question they were asked was along the lines of ‘so what do you think happened that night’. Their answer, in unison,with big smiles, was ‘You'll have to buy the book’.

I remember that was a really soft interview by Ryan Tubridy. It was in stark contrast to an interview by Mark Cagney of Ireland AM which was aired earlier that day. Mark went all gung ho, aggressively putting questions to Kate McCann, until she eventually became quite upset. Gerry intervened and the interview continued between just him and Cagney.

Something Else
    It’s absolute nonsense.
    I don’t personally believe the parents were involved, accidentally or intentionally, but I do understand why others might think otherwise.
    I respect other people’s right to believe otherwise as it’s a divisive topic.

But are we really expected to seriously debate whether Madeleines parents sold her on to a human sex trafficking pedophile ring? When there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to back it up?
    Or are we all just throwing around wild accusations for the fun of it, with or without logic and reasoning? Anything goes?

Why do you keep saying there's no evidence for the outlandish theory's though, there's no evidence for any theory! The only tiny bit of a lead is the dogs and the sightings by the Irish guy.
    I don't think she was sold either, I find that idea just as outrageous as the abduction theroy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,761 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The rumor is they were swingers.

That rumour was started be an ex detective friend of Amaral and fed to the media. Fairly easy to guess who cooked it up.

Buy the book

Remember that alright

Couldnt believe they said it

Something Else
    Buy the book

Remember that alright

Couldnt believe they said it

Any idea if that could be found online anywhere, what year was it roughly? Sounds like they were selling a fiction novel!

Any idea if that could be found online anywhere, what year was it roughly? Sounds like they were selling a fiction novel!

https://youtu.be/WLvnfcl-Zkg

Ryan could have roasted them if he pushed a bit

Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Something Else
    Are you serious??

The lead investigator (before he was fired) gave the Portuguese press false leaks, which was against the law in the first place, Never set up road blocks after the event, never followed up on leads and the fired investigator (formerly convicted of perjury) wrote a book declaring the McCanns put their dead daughter in a freezer somewhere for three weeks!

Also, you'll find it was the McCanns who requested Scotland Yard reopen the investigation. Why do that if you've already escaped justice for the crime in hand? Bit silly, no?

Inspector Amaral wasn't fired; he resigned from the Police Force voluntarily.

Something Else
    But how many years did it take for that Jane tanner sighting to be ruled out & even then it was only ruled out by the british police. Possibly that individual you are mentioning already did speak to the Portuguese police or is not from this region & so isnt hearing as much about the disappearance. I think the investigation was so haphazard in the beginning, a lot of leads & potential suspects weren’t followed up on. What about the hotel staff? What about the charity workers in the area? Were any of them properly followed up or investigated. I think it’s fair to assume the Portuguese police from an early stage focused too much attention on the McCanns & ruled out a lot of other possibilities

That’s were all the clues were pointing though. They interviewed the tapas 9 and couldn’t get anything but conflicting information. Why was it so hard to recall what happened in the space of 90 mins or so? Why did they only find Kate’s finger prints on the window? Why were the dogs only signaling in the McCanns apartment and car? Why wouldn’t they do a reconstruction? Why weren’t they answering questions? Why were they playing tennis while asking the world to look for Maddie?

Scotland Yard have investigated for years, but only from an abduction / accident perspective. They found nothing worthwhile.

Something Else

Thanks. Just shortly after, Madeleine's siblings "know a man's taken her. They call him the naughty man. That's their words. But they see the man as a burglar, which I guess he is; and they know that's wrong, that even if you really want something you shouldn't take it if it doesn't belong to you."

Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Creol1 wrote: »
    Are you serious??

The lead investigator (before he was fired) gave the Portuguese press false leaks, which was against the law in the first place, Never set up road blocks after the event, never followed up on leads and the fired investigator (formerly convicted of perjury) wrote a book declaring the McCanns put their dead daughter in a freezer somewhere for three weeks!

Also, you'll find it was the McCanns who requested Scotland Yard reopen the investigation. Why do that if you've already escaped justice for the crime in hand? Bit silly, no?

Inspector Amaral wasn't fired; he resigned from the Police Force voluntarily.
    I do think he was removed from the case...

Something Else
    Yes, they took him off the case, but he wasn't dismissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Something Else
    Creol1 wrote: »
    Yes, they took him off the case, but he wasn't dismissed.

Amaral was removed from the case in October 2007 after telling a Portuguese newspaper that the British police appeared to be pursuing leads helpful only to the McCanns...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

gozunda wrote:
    Amaral was removed from the case in October 2007 after telling a Portuguese newspaper that the British police appeared to be pursuing leads helpful only to the McCanns...

The political interference in this case was unbelievable and I believe played a part in it still being unsolved to-date.

Something Else
    Is it not possible the Gnr planted evidence for the dogs,as to get the case closed....
    They would prepare to blame an English couple,rather than a child obducter liviving amoung them.

I thought this myself, but of course if you were the Spanish private investigator operating somewhat outside the law, your first port of call would be excluding the accidental death theory by discrediting the sniffer dog evidence. This could be easily proved. If the police planted the evidence using an artifact from a different dead person, that could be determined. But no, the private investigator jumped straight onto the darkweb and exposed an unrelated peadophile ring, making the assumption that must be where Madeline had gone. Basically he didn't buy the McCann's story but was paid to follow a particular theory and thought he might aswell use the time to catch some creeps in his home country.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The following people are thread banned for persistently ignoring mod warnings and backseat moderation:

Plumbthedepths
    SusieBlue
    Sunflower 27

Mike9832 - This is not a place for conspiracy theories or unsubstantiated claims. Please keep those to yourself and not this thread.

Something Else
    I think the Netflix doc just went on a load of random tangents talking about other cases as far away as the mid western united states, talking about a few local weirdos. The documentary highlighted that the police had supposedly framed some family members for a child's disappearance and falsified a murder case, but the man they framed turned out had sold the child to pay for drugs, so the police weren't miles wrong, they just had no evidence. The insinuation being that if they falsified evidence in that case they could equally do it in the maddy case, but the McCanns spent about £0 of their millions discrediting the police's theory, instead spent money trying to get books banned and put gagging orders on people, why? none of the private investigators or Scotland Yard even tried to refute the sniffer dog evidence.

I don't think the police are the worst in the world, they were inexperienced, under resourced and at times plain stupid, but I think often the police know what happened but proving it is often a difficult or impossible task. They didn't buy the McCanns from the start. The McCanns were arrogant, they ignored advice from Police about giving out information, they acted disinterested at times.

The dogs, the hand print on the glass, the staged scene at the window, the lies about the curtains and checking under the bed, the Cadaver dogs etc. don't prove anything beyond doubt, but they are quite damning and the McCanns never offered an explanation for any of it.

I find the DNA evidence being inconclusive to be suspicious, that they couldn't find a whole cell/nucleus but just DNA traces that match with 'any of the McCanns'?? that to me points to the boot of the car having been bleached. It also ignores the fact that Kate and Gerry are not related.

Something Else
    gozunda wrote: »

Exactly, and he wasn't wrong. To this day, Scotland Yard will only investigate from an abduction / accident perspective. The McCanns are not suspects.

In all the years they have been investigating, they haven't found anything of real interest.

Something Else
    cgcsb wrote: »
    I think the Netflix doc just went on a load of random tangents talking about other cases as far away as the mid western united states, talking about a few local weirdos. The documentary highlighted that the police had supposedly framed some family members for a child's disappearance and falsified a murder case, but the man they framed turned out had sold the child to pay for drugs, so the police weren't miles wrong, they just had no evidence. The insinuation being that if they falsified evidence in that case they could equally do it in the maddy case, but the McCanns spent about £0 of their millions discrediting the police's theory, instead spent money trying to get books banned and put gagging orders on people, why? none of the private investigators or Scotland Yard even tried to refute the sniffer dog evidence.

I don't think the police are the worst in the world, they were inexperienced, under resourced and at times plain stupid, but I think often the police know what happened but proving it is often a difficult or impossible task. They didn't buy the McCanns from the start. The McCanns were arrogant, they ignored advice from Police about giving out information, they acted disinterested at times.

The dogs, the hand print on the glass, the staged scene at the window, the lies about the curtains and checking under the bed, the Cadaver dogs etc. don't prove anything beyond doubt, but they are quite damning and the McCanns never offered an explanation for any of it.

I find the DNA evidence being inconclusive to be suspicious, that they couldn't find a whole cell/nucleus but just DNA traces that match with 'any of the McCanns'?? that to me points to the boot of the car having been bleached. It also ignores the fact that Kate and Gerry are not related.

I'm no expert on sniffer dogs, but I assume it would be a very rare occurrence that 2 dogs would signal in the same locations and both be inaccurate. Has that ever even happened before?

And nobody ever offered any explanation for what the sniffer dogs found other than "Well they can't go on the stand".

What do the experts in Scotland Yard make of it?

Something Else
    I'm no expert on sniffer dogs, but I assume it would be a very rare occurrence that 2 dogs would signal in the same locations and both be inaccurate. Has that ever even happened before?

And nobody ever offered any explanation for what the sniffer dogs found other than "Well they can't go on the stand".

What do the experts in Scotland Yard make of it?

They completely ignored it. The only way the police in portugal could have faked this is if they had access to another corpse at the time, and opportunity to plant the scent both in the apartment and in the car without the media or the McCanns noticing. A tall order to say the least for a supposedly incompetent police force, none the less Scotland Yard and the private investigators aren't allowed follow this lead, the single most significant piece of evidence in the case. They also would have had to scent the teddybear that KAte carries everywhere with her.

That leads us to another point, the teddy went everywhere with Maddie, she slept with it every night, in the police video it is nowhere to be seen on or near her bed the night of the abduction, Kate never mentioned it, we suppose that the abductor took the teddy with her, yet it turns up in Kate's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Accident happened, parents hid body
    Phoebas wrote: »
    A child matching Madeline's description was sighted being carried.

It turned out to be a father carrying his child home from the local night crèche.

Your thinking of Jane's sighting ,

The Irish guy Smith and his family seen a man carrying a girl to the beach and reported it ,

When he seen Gerry on the news carrying one of the twins off the plane when they returned home that he rang the police and said that was the man I seen carrying the girl, by the way he held the child and by the way he walked, and his face,

Later he meet with the Rich guy who decided to help the McCanns and then withdrew his statement and since has refused to do any interviews

• Advertisement

Something Else
    Your thinking of Jane's sighting ,

The Irish guy Smith and his family seen a man carrying a girl to the beach and reported it ,

When he seen Gerry on the news carrying one of the twins off the plane when they returned home that he rang the police and said that was the man I seen carrying the girl, by the way he held the child and by the way he walked, and his face,

Later he meet with the Rich guy who decided to help the McCanns and then withdrew his statement and since has refused to do any interviews

Netflix didn't frame that in a damning way, rather they implied that he was just an eejit, not sure what he had seen and that the rich friend was carrying out 'interviews' in a concerned citizen capacity. Is that not damning.

If you ask me, I'd have to be pretty convinced to go to a gardaí station and make a statement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement