Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry David: Curb Your Enthusaism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yeah it wasn't revealed what happened to her she was such a headcase.
    hehe I love that scene whne Larry starts fighting with the kid too.
    I was watching The Terrorist Attack again I love the line by Larry when Cheryl says they should go together he repsonds "It seems kind of selfish" Danson has been a great fixture for the season , I love in club soda and salt the way he looks across at Larry while they are tasting the food.
    Larry: "I have found the perfect sock"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I was rolling around the place when I watched that bit in Terrorist Attack when Larry contemplates going to Pebble Beach for some golf for the weekend-

Himself and Cheryl had good Married Couples Chemistry going on there I thought! Her looking discerning and him lloking v. hangdog!! Its a great scene.

The Corpse Sniffing Dog is a good one or should it be The Bra Sniffing Dog, the opening scene when he's interviewing the bald guy was very George especailly when he said when you take the hat off the women will see disapointment. why couldn't he just thank the braudys for the dinner he had the make a big deal about, love the end when he calls Oscar with the whistle.
    "Oscey boy"

Also loved the part in The Special Section when he was using his mother died as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Curb Your Enthusaism did very well at the Golden Globes.

It a great comedy.

TG4 - You are a Great TV staion - But Show this show again.

• Advertisement

It did v. well indeed Cork :)
    If ppl dont see the show they'll never know about it unfortunately :(

here's 2 pics I've found of cheryl and larry

And Larry...

Krayzee Eyed Killa was excellent, LD really excelled himself in the clothing store why couldn't he just leave it? I was LOL when the pubic hair got stuck in his throat, and I loved when Krayzee eyed came around looking for him. Susie got angry with him very quickly just because he wouldn't take the house tour. What was his obsession with the bubble wrap?
    I taped The globes last night LD's speech was somethingelse

"This is what I have to do to have sex win an award"
    "Its a sad night for the golden globes but quite a goodnight for Larry David"

I missed the CYE award-
    I missed about 45 mins from 9.45 to 10.30-saw practically all the other TV awards :(

I'd heard about the "Sad night" for the GG's reference :)

• Advertisement

Larry Joseph and Mary was perhaps the funniest yet, numerous scenes, him proving to be an unsuccessful tipper, which reminded me of George in The Calzone
    His whole depressed view view on Christmas I actually agree with him regarding the carols hate all that ****, Susie screaming from the window "Wait till I get that four eyed ****" and him trying to redeem himself by getting Joseph and Mary etc only to ruin it by telling Joseph that "Mary has quite a bod on her" At least the pubic hair came out.

Becky: "You ate the lord jesus christ"
    Larry: "I thought he he was a monkey"

FYI the doctor at the beginning of the ep was the doctor in Season 1 Interior Decorator

Was Doria the housekeeper Lupe in The Trip?

The Grand Opening was a sublime series finale, so many good moments Larry's competitivness playing dodgeball, Cheryl and Larry getting stuck in the carwash and all the characters came back from the season and ended up cursing to try and overshadow the chef only Sue meant it "you car wash ****" LOL
    Roll on season 4.:)

how Ironic I was just talking about CYE on BBC4...

Found this on seinwars.com/news
    here...
    HAVE BEEB LEARNED FROM THEIR MISTAKE?

SEINFELD flopped here cos BBC2 threw it away at midnight. Now co-creator Larry David has won a Golden Globe for his new show - the dark but delicious Curb Your Enthusiasm. Have Beeb dimbos learned from their mistake? You decide. Curb starts next month. On BBC4.

S'pose time will tell. Still no news of it appearing on terristial TV :(

I wish channel 4 got it cause no ones going to see it on BBC4, it better go to BBC2.:mad:

Imagine having lunch with LD I would say it would be something along of the lines of him having lunch with John Tyler in The Thong ep.

Did you notice that there are elements ofJerry and Kramer in Larry? E.g in Chet's Shirt (which I watched recently again) he comes up with crazy ideas for the restaurant also his observations are similar to Jerry.

Yep, it was v. like kramer. The whole thing will having "Apple Sauce" on the menu and getting the waitors to wear army type uniforms.

It sounded like one of kramers "make your own pizza" or "oil tanker bladder" schemes!!

[Although as Jerry did admit the Oil tanker thing was a good idea !]

Chets Shirt is one of my favs I must say :)

Chet's Shiry Larry Joseph and Mary and The Grand Opening are my 3 faves from season 3.

You cant forget The Terrorist Attack either...Heh!!??

I mean Larry's conversation w/ Cheryl is "Gold" as Kenny Bania would say :)

• Advertisement

Oh yeah that would be up there too. :)

I was watching The Benadryl Brownie again very funny RL is always looking stressed and is more full of angst than LD.
    :)

I've uploaded the Full CYE Theme onto Seinwars in mp3 format

You can download it here...
    http://seinwars.com/cye/audio/cye-full-theme.mp3

Its about 500kb.

Good to relieve the anxiety of whether we will ever see CYE on our screens in Ireland again...:)

--
    BTW, Dont forget about the Seinwars CYE site that has updated info for Seasons 1 and 2: www.seinwars.com/cye

Sheesh...Spam on the Seinwars Board !?

Never seen the likes of it :p

--

OK Folks theres nothing to see here...Shows Over.

LOL I saw a clip for CYE on BBC1, c'mon BBC2 show it after BBC4 you know you want to.
    www.bbc.co.uk/curb

All is forgiven -> BBC...I luv j00 :p

I think we can finally say thats a definite statement of Intent :D

We'll have to wait and see if it appears on BBC 2.

Originally posted by smuckers
    LOL I saw a clip for CYE on BBC1, c'mon BBC2 show it after BBC4 you know you want to.
    www.bbc.co.uk/curb

I think this post merits a...

Good Work "Nancy Drew" ! :p

Its getting alot of attention in the papers it got pick of the day in the Irish Culture and we can't even get BBC4?

I did a search for CYE on amazon and u can get the pilot way back in 99 but only on VHS damn!!!!!
    I'm gonna try and get Pants Tent and Bracelet from Kazza(if I can actually work it) but I havent had the chance.

• Advertisement

Theres loads of the pre-release Promo Videos available on E-bay from the 1st 2 seasons. Generally, HBO or the TV Networks send a pile of them out to the press etc. who then give them away for free. Then peeps sell them on ebay.

Do a search and you'll see what I mean. Its too difficlut to get them shipped to Ireland though:(

Advertisement