Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry David: Curb Your Enthusaism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I read in The Robert Weide interview that you can leave a message for Larry on the hbo site but I didn't see that option, I also read that LD's knowledge of the internet is the equivalent to my fathers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Well I presume he's implying that LD reads the message board, as we *could* also assume that the Seinfeld gang read the SPE board. Although I sincerly hope they dont, for the sake of preserving the reputation of all Seinfeld fans :p

I doubt it very much that they read the SeinSPE but you never know, I know that Larry and Jerry used to read the Sein Bulletin boards but stopped after some fans started slating eps.

My Mother was telling me she saw the last ep of Season 3 and said it was very funny-

looking thro the pics on the official website, I cant wait to see it as well.
    http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/episode_guide/ep30.html

Its been nominated for 2 Golden Globes, best comedy and Best comedy actor Larry David go Larry!!!!!!!. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

don't know if you've guys already mentioned this - but you can download CYE episodes from with 'kazaa' s/w.

i've been downloading them now for about 8 or 9 month - i now have the 1st 28 episodes - yes, that's right series 3.

i figured tg4 would never show the new series for a year or so and i couldn't wait that long. series 3 is even better than the first 2 series.

i don't think it will take off in the uk or ireland - the humour will go over most people's heads - especially the way the show is produced & recorded (i.e. 1 take/ improv/ no set script) - dumb people just don't get it. i think you have to have a certain amount of intelligence to actually get it!
    seinfeld never took of here like it did in the states - it was still sucessful - but nowhere near the magnitude it enjoyed in it's native land.

anyway the files are excellent quality (very big sizes though - average is 180mb) - but well worth the wait.

pointless unless you have a flat rate connection.

seveb.

At last someone on my same wavelength, you've hit the nail on the head when you mentioned about intelligent people getting it. I think another reason why Seinfeld never took off here is because it was shown too late not scheduling wise more like it wasn't shown till 97 on Net 2.:confused:
    Its only a matter of time before CYE DVD's are released.

Hey Seveb its not allowing me log in to Kazza.:mad:

Hey Ciaran,
    I was having a few probs with my laptop in the last week- had to format and reinstall- a royal pain:mad:

Anyhoo...
    I've been using my very fast connection to download all of the CYE eps- including all of season 3!!

I'll copy and send them to you on cd when I get home- I'll be back on tuesday. You can let me know your mailing address etc. if you want them :)

Happy New Year :)

Do you have any idea where I can CYE scripts online?

• Advertisement

I dont know...but I've been keeping an eye out for them. I suspect as a fan base grows somebody with some spare time will input them manually- as has been the trend with Seinfeld. I dont think they are available anywhere "officially".

--
    I got your email with your mailing address. I'll try get them in the post by the end of the week. I have some Misc. Jerry and Comedian clips as well- also the full set and interview with Letterman!! I'd say it will be 3 cd's and I'll include the divx plugin just in case you dont have it :)

BTW, I havent watched all of season 3 yet- but what I've seen is pretty good. The Terrorist Attack(ep 5) is really good as is the Special Section (ep 6)

I'd say you'll enjoy them :)

Cheers mate. :)

Here are some guests who appeared on Seinfeld but also appeared in CYE

Ted and Mary(Louis Mustillo) -Phil (The Strongbox)
    AAMCO (Mike Duffy) - Rudy(The Raincoats)
    The Group(Melenie Smith)- Rachel (The Raincoats) (The Hamptons) (The Opposite)
    Trick or Treat (Danny Breen) guy whom Elaine bought the glasses from (The Scofflaw)
    The Doll (Merrin Dugney) Clerk girl (The Bookstore)
    Shaq (Barry Diamond) Buckles (The Movie)

The love the way LD and others makes references to Sein

The Seinfeld Thing
    Larry's term for his connection to all things Seinfeldian. (The Pants Tent)

The House That Jerry Seinfeld Built
    When Larry's demanding neighbors Dean and Phyliss Weinstock visit, Phyliss says "I'm finally in the house that Jerry Seinfeld built!" Larry adds: "With his own hands, like Jimmy Carter." (The Wire)

Larry on Jerry Seinfeld
    When Phyliss rudely insists upon taping Larry and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss with her camcorder, Larry offers this answer to her question about what Jerry is really like: "He's a eunuch. His testicles were cut off when he was 13 because he was in the Beth Shalom choir. (The Wire)

Ever see The Seinfeld show?

Asks this question to the receptionist thinking he can get a room even though they are booked solid (Beloved Aunt)

The Schmuck/The Yutz/The Idiot
    How Jason Alexander describes George Costanza. (The Car Salesman)

The Jackass Role
    How Jason Alexander describes the role of George Costanza.

Willy Loman
    When Richard sees Larry trying to sell cars, he compares him to the main character in "Death of a Salesman": "What are you, ****ing Willy Loman?" (The Car Salesman)

Ass Man
    After Larry calls out to Wanda, "I'd know that tush anywhere!" Wanda says Larry has a thing for big asses, hence he's an ass man. (Thor)

The Seinfeld Guy
    Shaq's agent calls Larry this when they're introduced; "You're the Seinfeld guy, right?" (shaq)

Show Night Jacket
    Show Night Jacket: Larry's maroon jacket, the one he doesn't want Cheryl to give away because he wore it every show night while he worked on "Seinfeld".
    (The Baptism)

Indian Giver

Jeff Grein accuses LD of being this when he refuses to give back his mothers glasses back (Beloved Aunt)

An East Indian Giver
    When Larry asks Richard for his mantra back, Richard admonishes, "You can't be an East Indian giver."

A Pop-In
    An unannounced visit to someone; Richard pops in to see Larry one night while Larry is meditating.

The last 2 I am pretty sure they are season 3 eps.

I've seen Chets Shirt and The Benadryl Brownie I love in Chets Shirt when David and Danson are constantly fighting, The damaged shirt was like The Red Dot and the endling was very like a Sein ep.

I also love the bonus Sein clips 80p sent me The Jerry and Superman commercial was very funny.

I have watched Club Soda and salt and The Nanny from Hell
    Club Soda and salt has been my fave so far Cheryl's breast being fondled, I found the nanny irritating but the ep was still funny.

That Superman Commercial is real funny. Glad you liked the clips.
    What did you think of Jer's reurn to Letterman ??
    Thats featured in "Comedian" as well- he said it was prolly his most emotionally draining appearance having been off TV for a while.

I love Lettermans introduction...
    "making his firist appearance on Tv since the cancelation of his hit TV show"

--
    Chets shirt is really like the Red Dot
    Its funny when Larry gets smacked in the face by Ted Dansons daughter w/ the baseball bat!!

Club Soda and Salt is prolly one of my favs too :)

I thought his return to Letterman was quite good but do you think thats what he was making a reference to in the CD Jerry on comedy about his timing not being spot on?
    Yeah Chets's Shirt was identical to The Red Dot and also the re gifting and the dentist endling up hating LD like Tim Whately hating Jer funnily enough Larry wasn't there when The Yada Yada aired.

There's a line in The nanny from hell which I like Cheryl is telling Larry about Martine's strange things she said, she enjoys petting horses, wears socks in the bath and never had a good corn dog, the last one is the one which Lary finds the most strangest LOL.
    In Club Soda and salt he tells Cheryl that He's found the prefect sock hehe, I've watched The Terrorist Attack and The Special Section, he only tells Mindy Resier about the attack just to get on her good side, I was lMAO when RL told Larry what Jioaha meant.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smuckers
    I thought his return to Letterman was quite good but do you think thats what he was making a reference to in the CD Jerry on comedy about his timing not being spot on?
    Yeah Chets's Shirt was identical to The Red Dot and also the re gifting and the dentist endling up hating LD like Tim Whately hating Jer funnily enough Larry wasn't there when The Yada Yada aired.

Yep it seems like Larry is a bit of HACK!!!
    He pulls it off good though

--

In Comedian, Jer refers exactly to the fact his timing was bit off. Thats something that Orny Adams says as well in Comedian- he seems like he's following Jer's mantra to the tee!!

The bits that were great in the Letterman set were the, "if you see Carl, will you say hello for ME!?" and then he uses it at the v. end when he was making fun of Jarod- the subway commercial guy. I was rolling around-cos I love Subway food as well :)

Hehe they were good bits. I love the Conan O Brien Sein audition whats the deal wth corn nuts LOL.
    Which has been your fave season of CYE? season 3 is more zanier e.g grave digging but still has that comedic edge.:)

Well done CYE won best comedy and also I read on Tv Tome that DVD's are in forecast but nothing confirmed yet

I've seen some of The Post reaction to The Golden Globes and they were talking to Cheryl Hines woh looked stunning but the reporter screwed up when she asked her how did Larry feel about winning an award? and she responded by saying Larry didn't win but should have.
    BTW the whole Global Globes are being shown Wed at 8 on TV3.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

I read this on teletext this morning and I've been itching to get to a PC in college since then.

There's a pic of Larry here...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/2675855.stm

Surely some of the terrestial channels in Ireland or britain will have to start showing Curb now. The same thing happenned w/ Seinfeld- it took critical acclaim and a few awards for them to realise the error of their ways!!

GO CURB :D

BB4 have got it but thats not available here on digital, I wonder if TG4 will show the third season or will it be snapped by Net2/RTE?

I was dissapointed that they weren't talking much about CYE beforehand it was all Sex and the city sopranos, for best drama I would have gone for 24 not The Shield.

Yep, Curb hardly got a mention in the pre Globes Hype- I noticed that myself when i was looking for info on Sun. Morning.

I havent seen that many pics yet. There are a few thumbnails on wireimage.com but you have to pay to see the full pic:(

--
    I dont think BBC4 has even starting showing Series 1 or Series 2 of CYE yet- but maybe they have only bought the rights for s.3

Its all a little puzzling.

put it this way...
    I'd be rightly pissed off if I didnt have s.3 at my disposal :D

I've got that Loooney tune song in my head from The Nanny from Hell. I was watching more bonus Sein clips, Jerry being transferred to Oz hehe and him playing the role of a history teacher, I saw Elaine's roomate Tina (Siobhan Fallon) as on of the pupils.

• Advertisement

My God that Nanny is such a pyscho.

Thank God Larry bought Jeff all those sponge cakes or Susie would have plummetted to her death.

I love the bit when they're at the R.Lewis screening and Larry starts the argument... FÚCK HUGH!!!

--
    One q....
    Where did the Nanny go to or why didnt they call the police??

Advertisement