Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry David: Curb Your Enthusaism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ed Asner Barry Weiners father reminds me so much of Alton Benes in the way he talks to people as for the acupunterist getting that babe, god knows. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Bit of an Alton Benes about him alright :D

I saw a clip online for the third series and it looks better than ever, I can't wait. :)

What can I say but outstanding again, you really had to feel for him in the end you felt like you wanted to jump into the TV screen and save him from the mob, the bit where he you wathed him suffering as he couldn't lock the door was hilarious was Cheryl being caught by The ABC guy, best one of the season, just wish Julia was in it more.:(

Last night’s ep reminded me of everything evening out for Jerry and George being up and Elaine down, the luck going for Larry and then he ran out of luck. Another good bit was saying goodbye and goodnight, why must we do it?

Quote of the ep.

RL: Its not a f***** assassination attempt.

• Advertisement

Saw an ep from series 3 on HBO last night. Was really good- Cheryls breasts get fondled :D

--
    Theres ads all over NYC for the 3rd series w/ Larrys head on almost very corner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Last nights eposode about the Jews & the Cristians was very good. I think that this comedy is up there with the best. It is like a mixture of Seinfield (George), South Park & Murpht Brown.

CYE is so funny. The long suffering wife is pretty good as well.

Excellent(again) brilliantly captured the strain and stresses of getting to the airport, and loved the bickering betwene LD and RL, as well as him accusing passengers of stealing his tickets.:D
    love to way Chery always keeps him in check.

Before I talk about last night’s ep, can I just say what the hell were TG4 playing at cutting out the last few minutes? That Irish soap ran late they should sort out their scheduling. What a truly great last season send off, loved the whole stop and chat discussion , why must we be obliged to do that? When LD said he couldn’t take his golf shot in front of an audience it reminded of my friend who is exactly the same, lots of great moments his reaction to getting the hand job, he is man who simply can’t relax e.g thinking about the limo driver in The Restaurant, the end was very reminiscent of The Sein Finale when he was forced to confront all characters from previous eps. Roll on season 3.

Larry: “Why would I have an affair? only cool guys have affairs”

:D

Like WTF....
    Larrys's standing w/ a sandwich board outside the restaurant...
    PLUG PULLED.

We oughta complain!!

--
    Great ep though. Prolly one of the best so far IMO. It had loadsa excellent stuff and being the final one in series 2 was prolly the reason why the 3rd season was so eagerly anticipated in the states.

The massage argument was brill. Especially when Jeff recommends her again!!

--
    BTW, now what for TG4??
    According to the RTE Guide My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star is showing next tues at 9pm.
    Are they going to show any repeats or wait for another year to show series 3?? Or will naother station like tv3 or BBC pick up on the series and show repeats in the mean time. I'd say I'm missing about 3 eps so I'd like to see them if I can.

• Advertisement

don't worry Dave My bro is on the case e-mailed them yesterday no response as of of yet. I do hope, I do hope they repeat it BBC 4 have got it but thats no good to me as only ppl who live in England have that channel. hope to god BBC 2 get it.

Glad to hear that. Theres only a few stations we can actaully have warrant to complain about in our fair isle (i.e ones we pay the TV licence for) and TG4 is one of them. Fair flucks to him :)

--
    Heres the pic I was talking about Cheryls Breast being fondled...
    ep_main23c_575x262.jpg
    The name of the ep is "Club Soda and Salt" :)

LOL thats hilarious, the face on David, btw they havent responded to him about season 3 a bit worried now.
    The Restaurant owner in last weeks ep reminded me of Poppie.

My fave scene/scenes from each ep in season 2

The Car Salesman: When Larry gets annoyed because Jason refers to George as being the schmuk.

Thor: when cheyl accuses of Larry of liking big asses

Trick or Teat: Larry confronts Cliff and you can see the joy in his face when he tells him that his grandfather didn't invent the cobb salad, also getting his revenge on Walter.

The Shrimp Incident: when Larry calls Michael Hailbrach by the c word also storming out of the meeting in HBO after he accuses Alan Waserman of eating his shrimp.

The Thong: His lunch with John Tyler and he tries to be too affabile resulting in a fight regarding waiting for the person's food to come, also Larry and Cherly witnessing his shrink in The Thong

The Acupuncterist: When Larry has to gain outfit approval from Cheryl

The Doll: Larry describes the mens room as being an ollfactory nightmare decides to go in the ladies and asks Cheryl to guard but because he didn't guard to door earlier and she was caught by Lane Michaleson(ABC) she decided to teach him a lesson, he is unable to leave with the bottle of water so puts it in his pants, Michaleson's daughter enters says thanyou for fixking Judy the doll hugs him and leaves then shouts, "Monny Monny that bum is in the bathroom and he's got something hard hidden in his pace, he makes a run for it.

Shaq: A more enthusiastic Larry gets coffee for everyone in starbucks as his luck is changing for the better, Richard Lewis's reaction to Larry injuring Shaq, "its not an assasination attempt for christ sake!!!

The Baptism: Larry accusing various passengers of stealing his airline tickets, RL accusing him of stealing his answer phone greeting + The Jews and Christians coming to blows

The Massage: His reaction to getting the hand job, the stop and chat rule + walking around with the sign I steal forks from restuarants.

:)

She never got back to him so yours truly set up a new hotmail account with a fake name Seamus (the Irish ring to it)
    BTW whats season 3 like? Club soda and salt sounds hilarious
    I see next week's ep is called The Terrorist Attack I hope he's not going to make light of sept 9.

I got a response I think putting Seamus swung it. At the moment they have only the first two series, but they plan to negotiate for the third next year and are hopeful of getting it.

Good Man Seamus :p

I wonder will they have the budget to pay for season 3- because it is becoming really popular stateside. I only saw the one ep of season 3 but that was excellent.

AFAIK The Terrorist Attack was aired last night- but knowing LD, he usually puts a good spin on even the touschiest of subjects.

no I heard The Terrorist Attack was very good it was all about LD not keeping a secret.

Heres the synopsis...
    The Terrorist Attack:

Directed by: Robert B. Weide

First aired: October 13, 2002

Synopsis: A rumored threat of a terrorist attack undermines a benefit performance by Alanis Morissette. Meanwhile, Larry can't help snubbing Paul Reiser's wife Mindy during a series of encounters at a restaurant and the perfume shop where she works.

That sounds a bit like "the Shoes" when Kramer snubs Gail the chef!!!

Here's an Alanis Morisette pic from it...

hp_main_25_575x325.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

It is a pity TG4 don't start re- showing series one again. I missed CYE on Tuesday night. It is differant to Seinfild. But - I think it was more manic & a lot more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The Poker game - what a cúnt ep, as uber

If you want manic then you can't go any further than George Costanza. :)
    IMO CYE is the best comedy since Sein, there are a few comparisons like Sein related storylines Sein phrases, but its not scripted.

The Longing for Season 3 continues...
    EP 26: The Special Edition

Directed by: Bryan Gordon
    First aired: October 20, 2002

Synopsis:
    Larry's mother dies while he's shooting a film in NYC, but he doesn't find out until he returns to LA two days after the funeral. Getting over the initial shock, Larry uses his loss as an excuse to get out a number of unsavory invitations. Meanwhile, Richard Lewis accuses Larry of Indian-giving his meditation mantra and Larry plots to relocate his mother's body at the cemetery.

Guest Starring:
    Martin Scorsese (Himself)
    Richard Lewis (Himself)
    Shelley Berman (Nat David)
    Richard Kind (Cousin Andy)

Featuring:
    George Coe (General Manager)
    Tom Dugan (Cop #2)
    Harry Murphy (Ed Swindell)
    George Pesce (Gangster #2)
    Joseph Reidy (Assistant Director)
    Charley Rossman (Cop #1)
    Gino Santangelo (Gangster #1)
    Adrian Sparks (Gravedigger)

####Keywords:####

The Special Section
    An area of the cemetery reserved for deceased individuals who "just don't qualify for the interment in consecrated ground." Larry's mother is buried there because she has a tattoo on her right buttock.

L.D.
    How Larry is referred to by some of his friends

An East Indian Giver
    When Larry asks Richard for his mantra back, Richard admonishes, "You can't be an East Indian giver."

Jai-ya
    Larry's mantra, which he gives to Richard, then decides he wants back.

Lewis
    How Larry and Cheryl sometimes refer to Richard.

A Pop-In
    An unannounced visit to someone; Richard pops in to see Larry one night while Larry is meditating.

ep_main26d_575x262.jpg

Curb Kicks The Sopranos to the "proverbial" curb...
    According to this CNN article- He says the Sporanos is lagging and that CYE should become HBO's Sunday night Flagship...

The Sopranos is described as...
    "Depressing déjà vu"

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/04/ew.tv.sopranos/

On a related matter...

I was just thinking to myself, that if any channel was to take on the mantle of CYE in Ireland it would be E4. They already show all of HBO's big Hitters....

>Sopranos
    >Sex and the City
    >Six Feet under
    (etc. am I missing one?)

--
    Might see if I can contact someone there to ask them the big question :)

Giddy up Dave. :)

I looked yesterday on the ch4 website-
    I have a draft request written that I'll pop in the cyber post soon :)

BBC 4 have got CYE so E4 can't get it, damn!!!!!!!!!.
    I wonder if that Late Review show on BBC 2 will review CYE when it finally comes on

I need season 3 now i'm reading the reviews for the eps and I have to see Krazee Eyed Killer!! do we really have to wait a year?
    I can't beleive it will going into its fourth season, Id love to see The CYE HBO special.

• Advertisement

Me too.

I've been watching carefully on ebay for CYE DVD's for sale. There are a good few up for auction but so far, they have spiralled to 3 figures. Not knowing the quality of the DVD's I'd be a bit sceptical of jumping in, but I'm also looking out on the half.com, which is ebays fixed selling site- ie.- No bidding- just a flat price- take or leave it- so far I've only seen VHS versions of seasons 1 and 2, but with the 3rd season drwaing to an end I'm sure ssome stuff will pop up.

My mother said they are repeating all the time on HBO and there was an interview special on last week- with Robert Weide (director).

--
    Me pangs for CYE....:(

Advertisement