Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What sim is the easiest to pick up on the same day for free, or do you need to purchase all sims?
    Lycamobile obviously not working on it, and I have two of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

I used this free eir sim, delivered in two days and then ported that number to Vodafone while ordering the pixel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭micks_address

Phoned customer care and they useless... Says maybe order was cancelled due to stock levels

Phoned customer care and they useless... Says maybe order was cancelled due to stock levels

Someone mentioned they got an order cancellation but the phone still turned up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sorchar

Are they unlocked or will I need to get it unlocked to use a Three sim card?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dublinguy123

I am just off online chat with Vodafone.

They confirmed there is no availability online or instore.

Sorchar wrote: »
    Are they unlocked or will I need to get it unlocked to use a Three sim card?
    thanks

Unlocked

Figured deal was to good to be true... I ordered my first one before 11 yesterday...second at 2.. both cancellation emails at 944 this morning..what happens the numbers I ported from?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

So it seems that Vodafone allowed orders for a few hours after they announced deal and that anyone that ordered during this window will get the deal.
    However they decided around 4:00pm to block any further orders by activating the error message but at the same time leave the offer on the website.
    So there is an offer on their website that they are now refusing to honour.

Edit. So they are now cancelling the orders as well that they allowed yesterday before they put the block in place.
    So their never was a deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭daheff

I am just off online chat with Vodafone.

They confirmed there is no availability online or instore.

arra feck it anyways.

Argos have a habit of dropping prices on stock they no longer have for sale.... might be VF have done the same here

Now any if yis want to buy an unused EIR Sim.. nearly new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Jaysus, I'm glad I checked back here before wasting further time. Thanks for the heads up.

They're some shower. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I rang 4 different numbers yesterday and wasn't able to speak to anyone. The number explicitly mentioned in the cooling off period notification "cannot be dialled". I tried their online chat - the site had a security certificate violation. I tried it anyway, chat option not available. And you can't return online items to store.

And I thought eir were bad!

Previously Vodafone used to argue that it wasn't that they were refusing to honour offers which they posted on their website. It was just that they were unable to process them as their website was broken. However if they are now cancelling orders which were made before the block was put in place they can't argue that.
    Interesting as well that they have switched from generic "website is broken" message to error messages that instead imply that the issue is with customers cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭shmeee

Figured deal was to good to be true... I ordered my first one before 11 yesterday...second at 2.. both cancellation emails at 944 this morning..what happens the numbers I ported from?

Very strange.

I ordered 1 at 12.30pm yesterday and friend did another one around 1.30pm and both our orders have since changed from "processing" to "Your order is due for dispatch".

And neither of us got any emails about cancelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

On the face of it they would appear to have been in breach of the law. Hope somebody sticks them with a formal complaint.

I'd do it myself but I have one on the go already with Eir. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I rang 4 different numbers yesterday and wasn't able to speak to anyone. The number explicitly mentioned in the cooling off period notification "cannot be dialled". I tried their online chat - the site had a security certificate violation. I tried it anyway, chat option not available. And you can't return online items to store.

And I thought eir were bad!

Don't get me started, 3 months and my faulty Samsung is still faulty and comreg can't even get them to engage with me. They're going to get a nice fine off comreg thanks to me.

peckerhead wrote: »
    On the face of it they would appear to have been in breach of the law. Hope somebody sticks them with a formal complaint.

I don't think that they are. It is not the case that they are refusing to honour the offer on the website. It is instead that they are unfortunately unable to at the moment due to technical issues with the website that they are working to resolve. So no grounds for complaint from those unable to order.

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    I don't think that they are. It is not the case that they are refusing to honour the offer on the website. It is instead that they are unfortunately unable to at the moment due to technical issues with the website that they are working to resolve. So no grounds for complaint from those unable to order.

Yeah it's pretty lame. Why don't they just say out of stock...it's still on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

flexcon wrote: »
    Well just back from store and won’t honour it.

Typical call centre crap’

It’s €239 and they have 2 left in limerick and 2 in ——- cork.

If the call centre confirmed earlier in the day that the store would honor the price I would call back and ask to speak to a team leader and make a complaint that you made the trip to the store only to be told the offer wasn't available after being assured when you rang earlier that it would be honored. The way they have handled this is terrible.

I can't believe Vodafone seem to be so bad on things like this. I thought the whole point was that they weren't generally as competitive on pricing with regards package plans but customer service, coverage etc was always considered superior and where they looked to have a competitive advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If the call centre confirmed earlier in the day that the store would honor the price I would call back and ask to speak to a team leader and make a complaint that you made the trip to the store only to be told the offer wasn't available after being assured when you rang earlier that it would be honored. The way they have handled this is terrible.

I can't believe Vodafone seem to be so bad on things like this. I thought the whole point was that they weren't generally as competitive on pricing with regards package plans but customer service, coverage etc was always considered superior and where they looked to have a competitive advantage.

That day has long gone. Their CS is really not much better than most others at this stage. It's impossible to talk to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I ordered a second one yesterday before lunch and no cancellation email for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Ordered around 1.30 pm on Friday, order not cancelled yet

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Did everyone who's had their orders cancelled order more than one?

Quackster wrote: »
    Did everyone who's had their orders cancelled order more than one?

I had two separate orders both were cancelled. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread they got a cancellation on an order last week but still arrived..wonder is there any chance of that? Funds still pending on my Visa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Can anyone else who got the error message on the website confirm whether money was taken out of their account, I tried two different cards, got the error message both times however the money has been taken from each card, I've received no email confirmation and Vodafone chat were useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Del007

I tried to buy it twice yesterday but no money has been taken from my account

• Registered Users Posts: 41 horseireland

3 different cards no money gone

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Ordered just before 2 yesterday, and it now says "Your order is due for dispatch". Hopefully it won't be cancelled now. Charge in pending section on bank a/c.

I ordered for delivery to store, as I thought I read further up the thread that it was quicker. Anyone any idea when to expect it, and do they text/call/email to tell you when it's available to collect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

hdl wrote: »
    Ordered just before 2 yesterday, and it now says "Your order is due for dispatch". Hopefully it won't be cancelled now. Charge in pending section on bank a/c.

I ordered for delivery to store, as I thought I read further up the thread that it was quicker. Anyone any idea when to expect it, and do they text/call/email to tell you when it's available to collect?

I think it will tell you on your email that it'll be there next working day if you order before 12. I used the tracking link they sent and after 2/3 days saw the order was completed. It was waiting for me in store then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I think it will tell you on your email that it'll be there next working day if you order before 12. I used the tracking link they sent and after 2/3 days saw the order was completed. It was waiting for me in store then.

Ah thanks, hadn't spotted that part. It says if you order before 12 Mon - Thurs it'll be there next working day. But as it was 2 on a Friday I guess I'll have to wait and see! I'll keep an eye on the tracking though, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭emy

I placed an order with the option "switch to Vodafone", this option dropped the price to 179 euro, but I could not pay :( tried three times and came up with an error...

Pacifico wrote: »
    That was me...strangely enough it arrived today! Still shows as cancelled on order tracking though

Hi just curious. Did you get an email saying your order was cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Balls need to get this now...need to find a free sim somehow

A lot of confusion. Just to clarify.

Vodafone put the offer up on its website Friday

Some of those that ordered on Friday are saying that their orders were cancelled. Others are saying that money was taken and they are still active.

Around 5:00pm Friday Vodafone put a block on its website to prevent any more orders being made. This block remains in place. Vodafone will also not honour the offer in stores.

The offer is still being advertised by Vodafone despite the fact that it is no longer possible to avail of it.

A lot of confusion. Just to clarify.

Vodafone put the offer up on its website Friday

Some of those that ordered on Friday are saying that their orders were cancelled. Others are saying that money was taken and they are still active.

Around 5:00pm Friday Vodafone put a block on its website to prevent any more orders being made. This block remains in place. Vodafone will also not honour the offer in stores.

The offer is still being advertised by Vodafone despite the fact that it is no longer possible to avail of it.

You can go back further than this.

When the original offer advertised in the OP came out, it was advertised on the main page of their website. There was no way to actually buy it, though. No stock in any stores, and the website would throw out multiple errors when trying to buy.

I had rather lengthy DMs with Vodafone on Twitter, but they really had no clue what was going on. They just cited 'technical issues'.

In the end, everything was sorted, but they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. Admittedly, I don't think the Pixel offer is plastered on their home page any more.

Basil3 wrote: »
    they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. Admittedly, I don't think the Pixel offer is plastered on their home page any more.

Oh. But it is. And no they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. But they clearly are. There should be some sort of sanction for this kind of behavior. Clearly false advertising and bad corporate behaviour. But of course the reason they do it is they know that they can get away with it.

Oh. But it is.

That's not the home page.

That's not the home page.

You're being pedantic. The homepage says.

.Christmas offers now available.
    View offers. Up to €100 off the price of selected PAYG phones this Christmas

Switch to Vodafone PAYG this Christmas and get up to €100 off the price.

If you click on any of the links they bring you to the Pixel offer that it is not possible to avail of. A clear cut example of false advertising.

Oh. But it is. And no they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. But they clearly are. There should be some sort of sanction for this kind of behavior. Clearly false advertising and bad corporate behaviour. But of course the reason they do it is they know that they can get away with it.

The home page just says something like "Save Up to €100 off selected PAYG phones". It used to specifically advertise the Pixel 3a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I would say the offers maybe went live before they suppose to as the main Black Friday campaign page used to link to the offers with the Pixel 3a as the main offer and it now links to a timer with a register your interest page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I would say the offers maybe went live before they suppose to as the main Black Friday campaign page used to link to the offers with the Pixel 3a as the main offer and it now links to a timer with a register your interest page

You've linked to UK site, same name but totally different entity

I'm After a Huawei p30 lite for wifey, cannot get past payment page, any tips?

scudzilla wrote: »
    You've linked to UK site, same name but totally different entity

I'm After a Huawei p30 lite for wifey, cannot get past payment page, any tips?

Uk consumer laws are stronger so they can't get away with the same false advertising there as here. That's why the websites are different.

Phone a Vodafone call centre in India and ask the agent why they had blocked ordering on their website. I'm sure he will provide you with a full comprehensive explanation of corporate malpractice and the false advertising policy.

Has anyone ordered for 179 and is still not cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭breeno

How far are people now getting in the sale process on the site? Are they getting past the porting screen and then getting caught out at the payment screen?

Would love to grab this offer but may be too late to the party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Has anyone ordered for 179 and is still not cancelled?

I've ordered, still not cancelled

I've ordered, still not cancelled

Which network did u switch from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭daheff

i think anybody who ordered and then got a cancellation email should complain to comreg about it. It might not do much, but if comreg keep getting complaints they might have a quiet word & tell VF to stop as its increasing comregs workload.

that and everybody complain on their twitter feed about. their sharp practice

daheff wrote:
    that and everybody complain on their twitter feed about. their sharp practice

Anyone has got this at all for 279 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

breeno wrote: »
    How far are people now getting in the sale process on the site? Are they getting past the porting screen and then getting caught out at the payment screen?

Would love to grab this offer but may be too late to the party!

Still the same.

Advertisement